World Championship Japan 2010

• it's so sad to see Brasil :( 99% of teams would be jumping about and would be so happy but Brasil is a different story they look like on funeral :(

I think other teams would cry as well... USA players were crying in 2008.
    It breaks my heart seeing our players. Fabi did an interview crying and she apologize more than 10 times to brazilian fans.

• best setter wei of china

NOOOO!!! Takeshita deserve it!!!

• :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: CONGRATULATIONS RUSSIA :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

I'm very happy to see a huge volleyball-country like Russia on the way back to the top, after a few poor years !!!!!

GAMOVA IS THE QUEEN OF VOLLEYBAL

Congratulations for Maret Grothues for winning best serve-award !!!! She made huge progress last years. I wish she could serve like her boyfriend ( Dick Kooy, Modena) in future; that would be amazing :lol: :lol:

• NOOOO!!! Takeshita deserve it!!!

i was actually sort of expecting takeshita to get it but,... oh, well. it's ok.

• Gamova, Sokolova and Perepelkina are Karpol's Children. In 2006 Takeshita didn't deserve for MVP. Now yes for Best Setter but She didn't get it. Did Sokolova play in Olympic Games in Atlanta 2006?

• Gamova, Sokolova and Perepelkina are Karpol's Children. In 2006 Takeshita didn't deserve for MVP. Now yes for Best Setter but She didn't get it. Did Sokolova play in Olympic Games in Atlanta 2006?

Yes, she was just 18 along with Godina on the 1996 Atlanta team.

• Perepelkina seems haven't got nerves at all. Confident as if it was her 10th WCH final. She scored a few truly critical points, helping team not to lose the spirit :thumbup:

• no sokolova idn't play in atlanta,which was 199- not 2006, bt sokolova knowen as chachkova or kilic in italy was the most constante player that russia had since 1998, she was an offense key in karpols gams, she added to the team those fast attack and combinations that russia wasn't using, she was the first player to leave carpol and go to italy where she proved to everyone that russian could play a modern volleyball game and she was for more then 3 years the best player in italian leaga.in 2002 she wasn't with russia where they lost in wch with usa. and 2004 she camback for athen games where russia get to the final and we remember how she halped here team to make the most incredible comback in volleyball history 24-19.
    in 2006 she was just superb in all skills helping russia to win the title and this year when none would excpect here she cambck and did a fabulouse job with here team.
    as a volleyball coach and fan of here she is the most impressive universal player i've ever seen, she played midlle blocker, opposite reciever and now as universal she is a tallented player.
    i'm so sad for brazilian players because they worked hard to win but this is sport . and i'm happy for russia specially kilic so she will retire with another world title

• Perepelkina seems haven't got nerves at all. Confident as if it was her 10th WCH final. She scored a few truly critical points, helping team not to lose the spirit :thumbup:

AND this is her first year in the national team, right? and her first major competition? yet she still does those middle plays and blocks like she is already a veteran in the league of Sokolova and Gamova.

I hope in two years, Kosheleva will improve her reception and gain more maturity. I think she just trembled in this final match.

Gamova and Sokolova should rest and allow Kosheleva and Goncharova to play in 2011 season, then use Makno for reception. Then they should be back in 2012 and win the Olympics.

• Can anyone translate what Gamova and Borodakova said at the interviews during the awarding ceremony?

Did Sheilla and some other Brazilian player hold the jerseys of Mari and Paula in their hands during the awarding ceremony?

• Can anyone translate what Gamova and Borodakova said at the interviews during the awarding ceremony?

Did Sheilla and some other Brazilian player hold the jerseys of Mari and Paula in their hands during the awarding ceremony?

Yes, they did.... Sheilla hold Mari's and Adenizia was with Paula's one.

Actually from what I heard Gamova just thanked the fans.

• I do not think Paula would make a difference since Jacqueline is certainly in a better form this year. As to Mari, I think Natalia filled in her shoes well. The attacks of Natalia are just awesome and powerful.

• I do not think Paula would make a difference since Jacqueline is certainly in a better form this year. As to Mari, I think Natalia filled in her shoes well. The attacks of Natalia are just awesome and powerful.

I think the main issue here is that Brazil had no one to replace both. While Sassa is a good receiver she's not the kind of spiker who can face russian blocks.
    But enough of excuses. Russia is the best team today and they deserve to be the World Championship. Congrats Russia, Brazil and Japan.

• Yees, they were running and receiving in the court like hell. I hope Kosheleva can have better receiving skills so they will not use the 2-receiver system always. I remember when Sassa did the jump serves, Russian reception was completely down. I was praying already that sassa will have serve error. But she did not and Brazil won that set.

• AND this is her first year in the national team, right? and her first major competition?

Maria Perepelkina: Montreux 2010 -> Yeltcin Cup 2010 -> WGP QT -> Champion of the World 2010 :thumbsup: