World Championship Japan 2010

• Logan Tom had nice shoes in awarding ceremony :lol:

:what: :D flip-flops :what: :D

• :what: :D flip-flops :what: :D

Like always She is very original Person :) I think before Ceremony She was in one big shopping centre ^^ I read that after matches USA Players are usually doing the shopping ;)

• By the way, the team from Kazan looks pretty strong after having seen this WCH :) Kosheleva, Gamova, Larson, Bordakova and Kabeshova in the same squad :box:

• I didnt know that Fürst got the best blocker award second time.Just like Nesli.Congrats. Nesli and Fürst
    So Neslihan and Fürst are the only players who have got the awards second time namely:Best Scorer and Best Blocker.

Btw, in my opinion the teams that are supposed to live a decrease in voleyball quality are: Russia (because Gamova and Sokolova are likely to leave Russian Nt),Italy (because Leo,Gioli,Picci,Del Core may leave Italian NT), Japan (because Takeshita is likely to leave Japanese Nt. Takeshita is % 50 of Japanese team)

• Canter: Yes, for now Sokolova and Gamova are very important for Russia, but I think the future looks pretty bright anyway. Kosheleva was Best Spiker in World Grand Prix 2009 and now in World Championships, she´s still just 21 years old. And Natalja Goncharova was really good in Dinamo Moscow last season, and she´s just 21 years old. And I dont think Gamova will leave Russia for good, I think she plays Olympic Games in London 2012.

• Canter: Yes, for now Sokolova and Gamova are very important for Russia, but I think the future looks pretty bright anyway. Kosheleva was Best Spiker in World Grand Prix 2009 and now in World Championships, she´s still just 21 years old. And Natalja Goncharova was really good in Dinamo Moscow last season, and she´s just 21 years old. And I dont think Gamova will leave Russia for good, I think she plays Olympic Games in London 2012.

Yes,Both the players are talented but today against Brazil , it was seen that Kosheleva is not the player of the big games.She is not a reliable player yet.Because she is young.Moreover she played together with Gamova and Sokolova.there is a big difference between playing together with Gamova and Sokolova and playing without them.

Pls dont let me be misundestood.I liked her's play a lot till the final match.However, i knew she wouldnt be that effective agaisnt the teams like Brazil,Italy,Japan.

• Yes, of course, your right. But we cant demand that from Kosheleva either, it was her first big final. Compare Gamova for 10 years ago and now, she is so much better now ! And I think one year (at least) with Gamova in Dinamo Kazan will give her much experience from the best.

• The Brazilian press and blogs are making a big deal out of the ball that the upper ref overturned in the 5th set as one of the reasons that they lost. Sore losers.

• It really was strange that the referee overruled the two linesmen that called that ball in. Is the Brazilian coach going to face any penalty for his criticism of the referee and why "they used a Korean referee if the tournament is in Japan"?? :wall:

• He should be penalized. Racist comments should not be tolerated. Also, I thought the ball was out and judging by the reaction ,or lack there of, by the Brazilian side at the time of the call it seemed like it was the correct call. If they ball was so blatantly in there would have been a HUGE reaction by the Brazilian team and Ze Roberto. They were more hopeful than sure that the ball was in.

• Yes, they did.... Sheilla hold Mari's and Adenizia was with Paula's one.

Actually from what I heard Gamova just thanked the fans.

Journalist asked why They won Gold Medal. Borodakova said- Why? We are the Best of course :). She also thanks fans in arena and all Fans in the World. Sheila was holding T-shirt Her Girlfriend.

Thank you for your explanations :)

• YEAH!!!! We are World champions!!!!!! :cup: :cup: :cup: :win: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6:
    Two times in a row, it's something really great I should say. Congratulations to our girls! Big thanks to the whole team. They played really great through the whole tournament, worse in semifinal and final, but who cares now. Russian girls proved once again that when they are well prepared for the competition, not many teams can beat them. They made me very happy today. I am waiting for OG now and hope that they will prepare for OG properly, not like last time. They can lose ECH again, WGP, it doesn't matter, but I wish them to be prepared for OG like for these WC.
    Gamova - 35 points. Everything was said before :obey:
    Sokolova proved one more time how important for the team she is. She's getting old but still is one of the best all around players in the world. What really amazes me is that she can score very difficult balls and at times when most needed. :obey:
    Kosheleva was 100% stoped by Brazilians, (8 out of 32 and 25% in attack). Just totally failed final match. Brazilians prepared really well for her. I think that if Kosheleva performed as she did before the match would be easier and shorter. But I can't blame her, it's her first grand final.
    Really liked Perepelkina today. :thumbup:
    It was classical 5 set final match between these teams.

Considering Brazilian reactions. Well, it's not the first time, actually. Plus Kim was the judge for Russia - Brazil semifinal (Athens 2004), Russia-Brazil final (WC 2006) and now and Russia won all those matches. Sometimes it seems that SOME Brazilians just can't admit that smb can win with them. In 2006 Fofao said that it was "just sheer luck" that Russia won WC, now Brazil lost because of judge mistake, after the match between Russia and Brazil at WGP 2007 final round (Russia won 3-2) Brazilians even didn't shake judges hands, thinking that judges did too many mistakes in favour of Russia. However, Sheilla, for example, simply told that Russia played well and deserved to win, no more no less. Ze Roberto is mad with that judge I think, because he always loses when Kim is the main referee.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Sokolova has beautiful Olympic Road: Atlanta-Sydney-Athens-Beijing-London?. Has any Player achievement like Her?

Fofao already that.... Barcelona + Atlanta + Sydney + Athens + Pequim
    I can't remember if there's anyone else...

The Brazilian press and blogs are making a big deal out of the ball that the upper ref overturned in the 5th set as one of the reasons that they lost. Sore losers.

I think you are being unfair and you are making most a big deal than brazilian ones. So I checked UOL and Globo and there are reports about that but they aren't any big as you seem to understand. They are all declaring that ball was important but they are never blaming the referee for the brazilian lost. In fact the report I read in both sites has Jose Roberto and players telling that ball was important as any other else but they are all telling that didn't change the victory. The way you said seems like brazilians players blamed only the referee for losing the WC and it's not like that. I went to melhordovolei and planetavolei... both are great sites and there isn't anything like that. So maybe you could quote and tell me those many blogs you know 'cause I would love to know more about brazilian volleyball.