World Championship Japan 2010

• Considering Brazilian reactions. Well, it's not the first time, actually. Plus Kim was the judge for Russia - Brazil semifinal (Athens 2004), Russia-Brazil final (WC 2006) and now and Russia won all those matches. Sometimes it seems that SOME Brazilians just can't admit that smb can win with them. In 2006 Fofao said that it was "just sheer luck" that Russia won WC, now Brazil lost because of judge mistake, after the match between Russia and Brazil at WGP 2007 final round (Russia won 3-2) Brazilians even didn't shake judges hands, thinking that judges did too many mistakes in favour of Russia. However, Sheilla, for example, simply told that Russia played well and deserved to win, no more no less. Ze Roberto is mad with that judge I think, because he always loses when Kim is the main referee.

If you come back a few pages you will find the same reaction here. People were telling "oh Russia is playing bad" instead of Brazil was playing good the 1st and 3rd set. I don't think Kosheleva did anything different than other games but this time Brazil had a high block and a solid defense for her. And yet people will always say Kosheleva played bad. I alwats think it's 50-50%. You will call for the team you are supporting. So you might end with something like "my team played great" or "my team played bad".

Once again I saw interviews and read reports of players giving credits to Russia but most of times they were just apologizing for the game and for brazilian fans. I don't think russians need credits for their win. They simple are the World Championship winners. What else they need?

• Dinamo Kazan and Dinamo Moscow will be Top Teams in Russian League. And this Teams will fight in one group for Ticket to Final Four of 2010 Russia Cup.

• Fofao already that.... Barcelona + Atlanta + Sydney + Athens + Pequim
    I can't remember if there's anyone else...

I think you are being unfair and you are making most a big deal than brazilian ones. So I checked UOL and Globo and there are reports about that but they aren't any big as you seem to understand. They are all declaring that ball was important but they are never blaming the referee for the brazilian lost. In fact the report I read in both sites has Jose Roberto and players telling that ball was important as any other else but they are all telling that didn't change the victory. The way you said seems like brazilians players blamed only the referee for losing the WC and it's not like that. I went to melhordovolei and planetavolei... both are great sites and there isn't anything like that. So maybe you could quote and tell me those many blogs you know 'cause I would love to know more about brazilian volleyball.

http://blogdobrunovoloch.blog.uol.com.br/ is the most famous blog, go through the commentary by Brazilian fans and you'll see the extent of their excuses. If you saw Globo, then you saw this http://globoesporte.globo.com/…cou-de-novo-o-brasil.html. That's not merely mentioning the alleged referee error within context, it's A HEADLINE on the biggest media outlet in the country. The fact that it was even mentioned by Ze Roberto and/or players is classless. When you lose, you lose with dignity and grace. You don't sob hysterically and then offer excuses that a single call perhaps jeopardized the match and make racist comments that because you're in Japan you should have a Japanese referee and not a Korean. It was complete non-factor and a distracts from the Russian's achievement. I also said "as one of the reasons that they lost," I did not say that they claimed it was the ONLY or MAIN reason they lost.

• Buno Voloch's blog has himself telling the referee is NOT to be blamed. Globo is for sure the major media we have here but yet if you had so many time to read why don't you say the players themselves are telling referee made a mistake but he's NOT the reason why Brazil lost? It's all written there. Players aren't blaming referee. And the same Globo has a report of Jaqueline praising Gamova.
    I read reports about Jose Roberto disliking the coach and it's right. But I didn't read yet him telling racist comments. He only said he dislikes the corean referee. And btw the same link you post has a quote when it tells the FIVB recognized the ball was in. Once again my point is you are only telling the bad side of the story. Just as I shared my opinions with Joanna some days ago. It's up to anyone else what side you want to see. But if you're gonna come here and point something else it wuold be good if you give credits to players because the way you said it still looks like players and coach are all blaming the referee and once again I'm telling "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN". I'm enough of that and as many times as I already posted here congrats to Russia, Japan and Brazil. I never expected Brazil could win this WC so it didn't hit me that much.

• Considering Brazilian reactions. Well, it's not the first time, actually. Plus Kim was the judge for Russia - Brazil semifinal (Athens 2004), Russia-Brazil final (WC 2006) and now and Russia won all those matches. Sometimes it seems that SOME Brazilians just can't admit that smb can win with them. In 2006 Fofao said that it was "just sheer luck" that Russia won WC, now Brazil lost because of judge mistake, after the match between Russia and Brazil at WGP 2007 final round (Russia won 3-2) Brazilians even didn't shake judges hands, thinking that judges did too many mistakes in favour of Russia. However, Sheilla, for example, simply told that Russia played well and deserved to win, no more no less. Ze Roberto is mad with that judge I think, because he always loses when Kim is the main referee.

That was also the thing I thought when I ran into Ze Roberto's explanations in the press conference. Fofao explained the victory by "just sheer luck" in 2006 and now the coach is doing what she did 4 years ago. First, Jaqueline's explanations about Picci, then these totally unfair comments are completely inappropriate. Russia deserved to win and Brazil just can't accept that they lost because of their ego.

• Buno Voloch's blog has himself telling the referee is NOT to be blamed. Globo is for sure the major media we have here but yet if you had so many time to read why don't you say the players themselves are telling referee made a mistake but he's NOT the reason why Brazil lost? It's all written there. Players aren't blaming referee. And the same Globo has a report of Jaqueline praising Gamova.
    I read reports about Jose Roberto disliking the coach and it's right. But I didn't read yet him telling racist comments. He only said he dislikes the corean referee. And btw the same link you post has a quote when it tells the FIVB recognized the ball was in. Once again my point is you are only telling the bad side of the story. Just as I shared my opinions with Joanna some days ago. It's up to anyone else what side you want to see. But if you're gonna come here and point something else it wuold be good if you give credits to players because the way you said it still looks like players and coach are all blaming the referee and once again I'm telling "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN". I'm enough of that and as many times as I already posted here congrats to Russia, Japan and Brazil. I never expected Brazil could win this WC so it didn't hit me that much.

I didn't say read his blog, I said READ THROUGH THE COMMENTARY. Just as this is a forum where people post, there is substantial commentary by Brazilian fans that follows each of his postings. Read through it and tell me that you find that to be positive praise for Russia. And FYI here is a DIRECT quote from Ze Roberto from the post-match press conference " The final is in Japan. Why is there a Korean judge? There should be a Japanese judge." That can be found on FIVB.org. If that's not a a racially driven charge I don't know what is. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I am, as my name states USAFAN, and wanted the Americans to win the tournament. But that doesn't make me illogically biased towards my country and allow me to make disparaging remarks about the competition or excuses for their losses. Russia and Japan played better, pure and simple. There is no need for ANY negative comments. My issue is that the Brazilian fans/coaches/media always seem to have some reason for their lack of success over the years. In 1996 it was unsportsmanlike conduct by the Cubans, in 2004 it was the referee's, WC 2006 "pure luck", Pan 2007 (they choked and couldn't admit it), and now 2010 WC. Congratulations to Russia, you are the best team in the world!!!

• I didn't say read his blog, I said READ THROUGH THE COMMENTARY. Just as this is a forum where people post, there is substantial commentary by Brazilian fans that follows each of his postings. Read through it and tell me that you find that to be positive praise for Russia. And FYI here is a DIRECT quote from Ze Roberto from the post-match press conference " The final is in Japan. Why is there a Korean judge? There should be a Japanese judge." That can be found on FIVB.org. If that's not a a racially driven charge I don't know what is. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I am, as my name states USAFAN, and wanted the Americans to win the tournament. But that doesn't make me illogically biased towards my country and allow me to make disparaging remarks about the competition or excuses for their losses. Russia and Japan played better, pure and simple. There is no need for ANY negative comments. My issue is that the Brazilian fans/coaches/media always seem to have some reason for their lack of success over the years. In 1996 it was unsportsmanlike conduct by the Cubans, in 2004 it was the referee's, WC 2006 "pure luck", Pan 2007 (they choked and couldn't admit it), and now 2010 WC. Congratulations to Russia, you are the best team in the world!!!

I'm laughing out loud. So because he asked for a japanese referee he was being racist? lol.
    Once again, enough! You only want to point out the bad side and you NEVER pointed out the praise playes and coach give. In fact, just because I pointed out that you stopped telling about our players. You only want to say the bad side of Jose Roberto and I only point the side where he admits Russia played better and praised Gamova.
    Take what you want and I will do the same. Nothing's gonna change. Congrats to Russia and better luck for our teams next time.

• I'm laughing out loud. So because he asked for a japanese referee he was being racist? lol.

While you may not think so, in most parts of the world, a comment like that would be frowned upon.

Ze probably wouldn't have asked for a JAPANESE referee if they had won. LOL.

CONGRATULATIONS RUSSIA! :drink:

• READ THROUGH THE COMMENTARY. Just as this is a forum where people post, there is substantial commentary by Brazilian fans that follows each of his postings. Read through it and tell me that you find that to be positive praise for Russia

Well not all (so called) fans are as well behaved as they are on this board. I do not know Brazil fans, but you should try reading comments on Polish stories sometime.... Random people being sore losers means nothing.

• What is happened between Jaqueline and Piccinini??

• What is happened between Jaqueline and Piccinini??

Following the Italy vs. Brazil game in the second round, in an interview Jaqueline said that she laughs when they serve on Picci because she makes so many mistakes at reception and that they are having a fun time when they target Picci at their serves. This is not just unsportsmanlike behavior but also childish, and full of arrogance.

• I didn't say read his blog, I said READ THROUGH THE COMMENTARY. Just as this is a forum where people post, there is substantial commentary by Brazilian fans that follows each of his postings. Read through it and tell me that you find that to be positive praise for Russia. And FYI here is a DIRECT quote from Ze Roberto from the post-match press conference " The final is in Japan. Why is there a Korean judge? There should be a Japanese judge." That can be found on FIVB.org. If that's not a a racially driven charge I don't know what is. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I am, as my name states USAFAN, and wanted the Americans to win the tournament. But that doesn't make me illogically biased towards my country and allow me to make disparaging remarks about the competition or excuses for their losses. Russia and Japan played better, pure and simple. There is no need for ANY negative comments. My issue is that the Brazilian fans/coaches/media always seem to have some reason for their lack of success over the years. In 1996 it was unsportsmanlike conduct by the Cubans, in 2004 it was the referee's, WC 2006 "pure luck", Pan 2007 (they choked and couldn't admit it), and now 2010 WC. Congratulations to Russia, you are the best team in the world!!!

Sorry, I take issue with that. I think we can all go beyond the biased thing, cause, really, c'mon. I'm brazilian and I can very well recognize that Zé Roberto usually copes with losses like this - it's not the first time. When Brazil lost to Cuba in the Pan American Games in 07, it was the same thing: the guy was convinced that the last ball was in, or out, or whatever, but he couldn't admit the referee made the right call. Same thing today, he probably has done it a couple of times more. Not classy, not high spirited, not a great attitude, ok. He made a bigger deal than he should've. But, for you to come in here and attack brazilian fans/coaches/media as a whole, calling us all "sore losers", I think that's really not classy at all either. There's good fans and bad fans, good press and bad press, so I find it "intimidating" of you to single us out like that. I really don't care what team you support and what team you don't, but show respect, man.

By the way, I'm sick and tired of hearing a bunch of brazilian journalists saying our team is better than the others - and some passionate nonsenses along those lines -, but I think it would be fair to say that these girls collectively recognized the superiority of the russian team and pointed that as the main reason why they lost, wether they kept composure or cried their eyes out. So, I don't know what you get coming in here and trying to make us - fans/media/coaches, as you put it - all look bad. But I just don't think it's cool.

• ze roberto said in an interview that in the aftermatch, people from fivb told him that the ball was in.... now i waant to see fivb posting it on their site if it is true

• If I good remember, Sokolova played also in Japan. And one year She didn't because of Karpol. Right?

• Absolutely great matches by Japan and Russia. I congratulate them because of their fantastic fight and team spirit. Although I was supporting their opponents :) Well deserved gold and bronze.
    I'm quite sad USA didn't win any medal. They were told to win gold and they finished with nothing.
    Silver and bronze medalists of these WCh haven't been given any individual award. It happens really rarely :whistling:
    Poland took a sweet revenge on China and finished as a 9th team in this tournament. Is this a good result? I'm not sure... Generally - it could have been better, but it also could have been much worse (if we had lost to Turkey). So - I won't say I'm disappionted.
    The tournament is over now. There were some very good matches. Much more, than in male WCh. Of course, the rules weren't so crazy like in Italy. So it might be one of the resons why we have high level of the tournament.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Following the Italy vs. Brazil game in the second round, in an interview Jaqueline said that she laughs when they serve on Picci because she makes so many mistakes at reception and that they are having a fun time when they target Picci at their serves. This is not just unsportsmanlike behavior but also childish, and full of arrogance.

:mad: :mad: :mad: ....she had the right punishment yesterday :D