World Championship Japan 2010

• Hello everyone :wavy:

World Championships has now ended. Awards were also given but who would win awards if you were you ?

My awards would be as follows

Most Improved Player: Tatiana Kosheleva (RUS)
    Most Sympathetic Player: Ekaterina Gamova (RUS)
    Disappointing Player: Fracesca Piccinini (ITA)
    Best Spiker: Tatiana Kosheleva (RUS)
    Best Blocker: Christiane Fürst (GER)
    Best Setter: Yoshie Takeshita (JPN)
    Best Libero: Yuko Sano (USA)
    MVP: Ekaterina Gamova (RUS)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I wouldn't say Piccinini was disappointing...at least, not more than the whole Italian team, and remember she was injured in the beginning of the tournament.

For me the biggest disappointment was Foluke Akinradewo, after winning MVP in Grand Prix she could show only 50% of that performance in WCH...

• I wouldn't say Piccinini was disappointing...at least, not more than the whole Italian team, and remember she was injured in the beginning of the tournament.

For me the biggest disappointment was Foluke Akinradewo, after winning MVP in Grand Prix she could show only 50% of that performance in WCH...

I agree. Piccinini wasn't even a good shape, but she played her best. I'd say C.Staelens was a big disappointment. I know that she had been injuried for a long time with her knee, but she should have played better, and she was supposed to help Manon. (I'm not offending at all) also, Akinradewo was disappointing as Matthias said.

• My Best 7 for WCH 2010.

Logan Tom - Christiane Fürst - Neslihan Darnel
    Ekaterina Gamova - Maria Perepelkina - Eleonora Lo bianco
    Stacy Sykora

P.S, If I'm supposed to make an impressive young team from the result of WCH 2010... it will be,

Tatiana Kosheleva - Ming Xue - Destinee Hooker
    Natalia Pereira - Milena Rasic - Evgeniya Startseva

• My Best 7 for WCH 2010.

Logan Tom - Christiane Fürst - Neslihan Darnel
    Ekaterina Gamova - Maria Perepelkina - Eleonora Lo bianco
    Stacy Sykora

neıther neslihan nor gamova can receive :whistle: only tom won 't be enough ı guess :lol:

my best after WCH:

Takeshita-Neslihan
    Furst- Gioli (one for block other for attack)
    Saori- Logan
    Yuko Sano

• neıther neslihan nor gamova can receive :whistle: only tom won 't be enough ı guess :lol:

my best after WCH:

Takeshita-Neslihan
    Saori- Logan
    Yuko Sano

I know that none of them is able to recieve except Logan Tom. but I could not ignore Gamova's monster spikes... :D

• neıther neslihan nor gamova can receive :whistle: only tom won 't be enough ı guess :lol:

my best after WCH:

Takeshita-Neslihan
    Saori- Logan
    Yuko Sano

While they are good players, I'm pretty sure the current Russian team would quite easily take care of this squad.

I think gamova is the best opposite in the world.

• Most Improved Player: Destinee Hooker (USA)
    Most Sympathetic Player: Margareta Kozuch (GER)
    Disappointing Player: Foluke Akinradewo (USA)
    Best Spiker: Tatiana Kosheleva (RUS)
    Best Blocker: Ivana Plchotova (CZE)
    Best Setter: Yoshie Takeshita (JPN)
    Best Liberos: Yuko Sano and Sykora (JPN)
    MVP: Saori Kimura (JPN)

• And World starting 6(7) for WCH:

OH: Saori Kimura, Ljubov Sokolova,
    Opp: Destinee Hooker,
    Setter: Y. Takeshita,
    Libero: S.Sykora,
    MB: Ivana Plchotova, Yunwen Ma

Most perspitive for WCH 2014:
    OH: Kosheleva, Maret Grothues (Nermian Ozsoy)
    Opp: Destinee Hooker (S. Malagurski),
    Setter: Naz Aydemir (A.Glass, Wei Qiuyue?)
    Libero: Merlo,
    MB: Xue Ming, Okuniewska

• my ideal team of this WCH..

Takeshita-Gamova

Sokolova-Tom

Furst-Fabiana

Sykora

News from the USA gym is that three USA starters had injuries in the WCH: Glass (ankle injury -- could not move well), Akinradewo (ankle -- jumping was limited) and Tom (right shoulder muscle -- could not hit).

A shame cos I really wanted to see USA at their best.

• i really enjyed usa team and players, but i think that this time russia was a bit over all teams using their experience on crucial points.
    but i'd say tha the oposite of usa is a verry strong player she is doing much better then haneef and usa is gona be a strong team for olympics.
    about russia i don't know when they will like in london, but it's gona ba tough without kilic and gamova, cause gamova is a leader on offensif part and sokolova is a key on the construction of russian game.
    i am so happy to see russian victory, players like gamova and sokolova really deserve that, they've been on top of women volleyball players since 98, russia at that time always felt down in front of cuba and then china in olympic games.
    about chossing best playerss i'd say:
    mvp: GAMOVA
    best libero: SYKORA
    best setter: TAKESHITA
    but i would give a special gift to LIOUBOV SOOKOLOVA KIILC AS the best women volleyball player of the last decade;
    she really showed with her personality and abilities and verstaility what a strong and modern player should look like.

• News from the USA gym is that three USA starters had injuries in the WCH: Glass (ankle injury -- could not move well), Akinradewo (ankle -- jumping was limited) and Tom (right shoulder muscle -- could not hit).

A shame cos I really wanted to see USA at their best.

mmmmm until they won they were well :lol:

• mmmmm until they won they were well :lol:

lol I think you mean until the lost, but yeah I agree :P

• lol I think you mean until the lost, but yeah I agree :P

I'm Italian...english is not for me!!! :lol:

• DUSKRYADCHENKO Maria and Maria Perepelkina is the same player??

• DUSKRYADCHENKO is her hausband surname?

• What are the rules regarding playing for the Russian NT and Russian citizenship? On FIVB.org it said that Kosheleva was in fact born in Belarus to a Russian father (does Russia have dual-citizenship?), Goncharova is from the Ukraine, and I can't remember where but I believe someone mentioned that Perepelkina was not born in Russia either.