World Championship Japan 2010

• Perepelkina is from Her husband. Today I watched the game Russia-Brazil again and in My opinion Russia's Middle Blockers were better than Brazil's. Maybe Their worse disposition was caused by hard Semifinal overcome Japan.

• Perepelkin is her husband's name. She is from Kazakhstan.

Goncharova is the only one who played for the NT of her native country, so it doesn't matter that the others weren't born Russian.

So any NT can have as many naturalized citizens on their team as long as they haven't already represented the NT of their nation of origin? Not picking on Russia, just want to know what the FIVB rules are.

• So any NT can have as many naturalized citizens on their team as long as they haven't already represented the NT of their nation of origin? Not picking on Russia, just want to know what the FIVB rules are.

Yes, right. You can be American but you can play in any NT, if you have got citizenship of those country, no matter who you really are. And you can change NT only once. As you wrote, Goncharova changed Ukraine for Russia, so can't play for Ukraine and any other NT anymore ;)

• Yoko Zetterlund is a great example of a player who chose between two countries.

An American dad and a Japanese mother, Yoko was born in the USA, but lived in Japan and even played on the Junior National team for Japan. Tried out for the US national team when the Japanese federation said she wasn't good enough. Plays in Barcelona Games and gets a bronze medal. Returns to Japan in 1996 to play volleyball in the V-League and still lives there.

I would guess that many of the Russian team were born when it was still the USSR, so they could claim Russian status if they wanted. Players born before December 26, 1991 would have been a part of the USSR, not including the countries who had declared independence before that date.

• I hope you didn't call me a liar.

I only shared information I knew. If you didn't want to know or don't care for the information, then ok

No no,I'm only guessing