Champions' League 2008/09

• pretty interesting match going on between Cannes and Beograd. im positively surprised by the serbian team :)
    1:1 in sets now

well the match finished now.
    RC Cannes - Postar Beograd 3:2 (21:25 25:22 23:25 25:23 15:6)

It was a very entertaining match. Ravva had a great serving series in the tie-break.
    Generally it was nice to watch, didnt expect that at first...

• yes Cannes against Postar was good match indeed . who will thought that Cannes will have so much problem with beating young team from Serbia. i like their OPP she was really good but i dont remember her name. in Cannes i like their libero and Fiorin played quite good match. Ravva's spikes was uneffective today but wow how many total spike she had got today. she is probably one of a few MB that spike more than wing spikers :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• It 's not such a surprise that Postar played good game.It's a team that consists of former ,current or future Serbian NT players.

For me it definitely was and im sure im not the only one thinking that way.
    Since you are serbian, u probably know these players. I dont.

All of them are so young and compared to Cannes' players, they are "nobodies"... Unfortunatly they couldnt win the 5th set. Seemed like they lost their focus and were too nervous...

Its just great to see that a team without major superstars is able to build up a competitive team.

• The serbian team played amazingly well... I was not expecting this young team to play as brillant. They were really great in receiving, and the setter had all the choice possible. Their opposide had a great match.
    In cannes' side lot of problems in receive and their bloc/defense strategy still needs some work ( when the setter is at the net she don't block...the middle player and the outside bloc alone). I think with Akiko Ino as libero and Fomina as outside hitter it would have been a different match.
    Fiorin had a bad game except in the fifth set where she was really good in attack and permit the team to win.

I am sure that this young serbian team will pose a lot of problems to other teams in this champions league.

• Matches today:
    Vakifbank Günes S. Istanbul - Volley Bergamo
    Zarechie Odintsovo - DELA Martinus Amstelveen
    Colussi Sirio Perugia - Farmutil Pila
    Scavolini Pesaro - Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul

• :white: :white: :white:
    HOW HOW can they lost leading 11-5 in tie break? my god only Polish teams can do it;/ why they always loose in that way? im sooo angry about it :mad:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Finally, Perugia won some serious game! :thumbsup:

:white: :white: :white:
    HOW HOW can they lost leading 11-5 in tie break? my god only Polish teams can do it

Germany did it already before :lol:

I think the team neads to see a psychiatrist after this game.........

So, you think, that psychologist is helpless in such a case? :D ;)

• :white: :white: :white:
    HOW HOW can they lost leading 11-5 in tie break? my god only Polish teams can do it;/ why they always loose in that way? im sooo angry about it :mad:

Farmutil Piła should be mentioned in Guinness Record Book with this match... Yesterday was terrible for Polish teams, but this game killed me for good :roll: Maybe if they had two or three Matlak's on the bench, they wouldn't lose it? I don't know. The match was lost in typical Polish style :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Farmutil Piła should be mentioned in Guinness Record Book with this match... Yesterday was terrible for Polish teams, but this game killed me for good :roll: Maybe if they had two or three Matlak's on the bench, they wouldn't lose it? I don't know. The match was lost in typical Polish style :(

Yes, it was a very exciting game, I watched it on Laola TV. This Perugia is a joke as compared to last year. It's really sad to see last year champions in such a poor condition. All key players left and they couldn't sign decent players to replace them. They might improve later but I'm almost sure they won't reach Final Four this year with the current roster. Well done Pila :) They started as an underdog, didn't respect the much higher ranked Italian team, fought hard and missed a great success in the end because couldn't keep cool in key moments, maybe also because some of their players still lack international experience.