The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• Celso,
    I'm suspecting, that you're very happy person :P

Congratulations for Brazilian grils. They were very stressed at this match and i was wandering, does they will win... but they won and i should congratulate to the best team in the world.

Yeah, I am!

I've been longing for this day since 1996!!!!

• Cong. Brazil. :)
    But i wanted USA won because of Lang Ping.Will she stay in USA NT?

• cant believe you actually said that! Oh, and I'm happy Poland got eliminated early on :D

I don't understand what do you mean :what: What you can't believe? And why you are happy, that Poland got eleminated, cause I'm not specially happy, that Thailand didn't play here... I think we have some misunderstanding here. If you mean that Iw anted Brasil to lose the set... I will repeat that: the victory tastes better, if you have to fight harder for it. Am I clear now? :roll:
    USA played great tournament and Brasil was even greater, the best. Congratulations to both teams :obey:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Congratulation to Brazil! to Mari,Fofao,Paula,Fabi,Fabiana,Walewsaka,Sheilla,Jaqueline ,Ze roberto and to everybody who support brazil.

Today,I am really happy that my favourrite team can do it.

Brazil with gold medal. They deserve it. :dance6:

• Brazil 3 - 0 Algeria (25-11, 25-11, 25-10)

Brazil 3 - 0 Russia (25-14, 25-14, 25-16)

Brazil 3 - 0 Serbia (25-15, 25-13, 25-23)

Brazil 3 - 0 Kazakhstan (25-13, 25-06, 27-25)

Brazil 3 - 0 Italy (25-16, 25-22, 25-17)

Brazil 3 - 0 Japan (25-12, 25-20, 25-16)

Brazil 3 - 0 China (27-25, 25-22, 25-14)

Brazil 3 - 1 USA (25-15, 18-25, 25-13, 25-21)

• I'm happy that Brazil finally won! They really deserved that title! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Today in Brazil must be samba night. Hehe :dance6: :dance6:

Congrats to Brazilian girls, especially to Fofao!! :cup:

• Wow...Italy was the only team which did not lose one set with 10 or more points difference :white:

So for the first time the Brazilian nerves were as good as their game. I am really happy for Fofao, a great career ending with the biggest possible achievement. I think she should have been MVP, but actually everyone in the team could have gotten it.

• Congratulations to Brazil. The bad memories of losing in crucial matches is erased by this Gold medal. Fofao is the MVP for me. I hope she trains Dani Lins and Ana Tiemi Takagui, they will learn a lot from her. I am expecting the core of this team to be in London to defend their title. I think all the Brazilian volleyball players, even from the past decade contributed to this win by inspiring the present crop of players. I know, Ana Moser, Leila Barros, Virna Diaz and Fernanda Venturini are all happy with this win. (But I am not really sure about Fernanda though :lol: ).

Congratulations to the US team too. The silver medal is sweet for them, thinking that everybody (including me) counted them out early in the tournament. Scott-Arruda (after those long years, at last, you earn it. :D , Tara and Keba will forever envy you :lol: ), Bown, Ahmow-Santos can retire with pride and dignity. This win is a product of faith, perseverance and teamwork. Oh, and also JLP :D . i hope that Logan won't lose her passion for indoor volleyball and make a come-back for 2012. Also, I hope JLP won't leave the team and will develop players who will be the stars in 2012. I hope Foluke will pursue volleyball and improve in blocking. I hope Kamana'o will tryout for the NT like Willoughby. And I hope that Willoughby will still improve as a player now that she will play for Despar Perugia.

I hope that the Russians also will develop a team that will be a medal contender in 2012. I hope Andrushko, Pasynkova, Fateeva and Matienko will improve along with Merkulova and Borodokova.

Again Congratulations to all the winners. :olympia:

• I think Cuba would again improve their hitting, serving and athleticism in order to come out on top. They'll just have gain more experience and team cohesion playing at home, They're not in the Grand Prix in 2009. Hopefully, they can gain mental and psychological toughness. As for defense, that'll come with more experience. But really have to do something w/ their reception fast. It wasn't much of a problem in the 90's because Luis and Bell could hit very high sets successfully. I don't see Ruiz, Calderon, and Carcases able to do the same. Again, maybe they'll just be training on better outside hitting. I don't see them abandoning the 6-2 for 5-1. It's their tradition and it suits their culture and athletic ability. Also, its what sets them apart from other teams. If they didn't have the wonderful symmetry of 6-2, I wouldn't have been a fan.

:olympia: