Montreux Volley Masters 2007

• turkey is not taking place ın that tournament japan instead :(

• Quote from "Nastja"

it cant be held in march :) cos all the national leagues are still going on at that time ;)

anyway, i think that even June is too early :lol: but since its not a so important tourney......

true, with brazil not playing, the tourney is not that important really
    it used to be an important one
    anyway, no tv coverage here, so....
    hooked to this years grand prix

• some news from the press corner

Newcomers at the 2007 MONTREUX VOLLEY MASTERS
    Montreux, 28th February 2007. In addition to the world-famous teams of Russia (2006 World Champion), China (2004 Olympic Champion) and Cuba (Bronze Medal at the 2004 Olympic Games), new rising teams like Serbia (Bronze Medal at the 2006 World Championship), Netherlands and Turkey (respectively 8th and 10th at the 2006 World Championship) will take part in the 2007 MONTREUX VOLLEY MASTERS. Poland (2005 European Champion) and Germany (2003 European Vice-Champion) will complete the roster of this 23rd edition that promises to be refreshing.

On Tuesday June 5th, 2007, in the late afternoon at the Pierrier sportshall of Montreux, the first balls will fly over the net for the greatest pleasure of the volleyball fans coming from allover Switzerland and from abroad to share great emotions in the stands. For the fist time in its history, the MONTREUX VOLLEY MASTERS will host a rookie team that already belongs to the gotha of international volleyball: Serbia, a wish that finally turns into reality for the organizing committee! Upon its fantastic world bronze medal, the experts announce the leading selection of Eastern Europe as THE team of the year.

Moreover, with Netherlands, the organizers managed to enroll a team, which is very likely to delight the public. Under the direction of Avital Selinger, their attracting game, dynamic and very modern, have led the teammates of Manon Flier, Chaïne Staelens and Ingrid Visser, three indisputable world stars, to a wonderful 8th rank at the last World Championship.

However, the odds-on for this 2007 edition remain undoubtedly the Russian team. The players of the Italian coach Giovanni Caprara are of course leading the FIVB world ranking, after having won the world crown, but they also were Olympic finalists, and obtained the silver medal at the 2006 World Grand Prix. Nevertheless, Poland, Germany and Turkey will strive to challenge Russia’s supremacy over the Old World.

Last but not least, China, the 2004 Olympic Champion, and the spectacular team of Cuban that cast a spell on the Pierrier for most than twenty years, have both confirmed their participation again.

Thus, from June 5th to 10th, 2007, in Montreux, eight from the best teams in the world will compete for a new prestigious victory. A subtle combination of precision, speed and emotions – the MONTREUX VOLLEY MASTERS should, once again, delight the spectators.

• SORRY ı just visited that web site http://www.volleymasters.ch/ and ı couldn't saw TURKEY and thoght that we won't participate in this great tournament but why turkey-holland and serbia is not in the list of participating teams ın that site?anyway ı am glad to hear that our team will participate ın such a big organization :lol:

• [quote="Nastja"]hmm i guess u just didnt look at it well, cos i found turkey, serbia and the netherlands :) i took a screenshot of all the participating teams
    there u go

thx nastja, i wish china in pool a to give more chance to face the world powers lol

• there are many european counties participating in this tournament

• Brazil decided not to take part of this tournament cause the team will focus on 2 competitions this year: The Pan-American Games, which will be held in Rio de Janeiro and the World Cup.

For this reason, Brazil won't play the Montreux Volley Masters in order to be well prepared for the Pan-American Games. One week after the Pan-American Games, Brazill will play the World Grand Prix. Due to this one-week gap, Brazil will not send its stars to play the WGP. There will be many young players playing for Brazil NT in this competition.

Im my opinion, the 2007 WGP will be the starring of many young talents of Brazil team like Thaísa (1.96 m middle blocker), Joycinha (1.90 m opposite), Ana Tiemi (1.87 m setter) and Natalia (1.83 m outside hitter), I guess both Marcelle and Érika will play the WGP too. I can't wait to see Paula in action this year. It seems she's already on the top of her form again.

• Quote from "Celso"

...//For this reason, Brazil won't play the Montreux Volley Masters in order to be well prepared for the Pan-American Games. One week after the Pan-American Games, Brazill will play the World Grand Prix. Due to this one-week gap, Brazil will not send its stars to play the WGP. There will be many young players playing for Brazil NT in this competition.

........//

Celso, I'm not sure about Brazil not sending its best players to the WGP. In order to keep the good level of competition, the World Grand Prix regulations require the participation of each country's best team. This was the reason Thailand will not participate in the next edition because at the same time they will hosting the world universiade tournament and they prefered to send their best players to this competition rather than theWGP.
    Let's see what happens then.

• Polish players on Montreux
    Setters:
    Bełcik Izabela - Muszynianka Muszyna
    Godos Magdalena - Winiary Kalisz
    Sadurek Milena - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała
    Skorupa Katarzyna - Nafta Piła

Middle blockers:
    Bednarek Agnieszka - Nafta Piła
    Dziękiewicz Eleonora - Winiary Kalisz
    Kuczyńska Dominika - Energa Gedania Gdańsk
    Liktoras Maria - AES Bałakowo (RUS)
    Naczk Monika - Centrostal Bydgoszcz
    Tomsia Berenika - Energa Gedania Gdańsk

Outside hitters:
    Barańska Anna - Winiary Kalisz
    Frąckowiak Joanna - AZS AWF Poznań
    Kaczorowska Klaudia - SMS Sosnowiec
    Kuligowska Joanna - Centrostal Bydgoszcz
    Rosner Milena - Marichal Tenerife (ESP)
    Staniucha Joanna - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała
    Świeniewicz Dorota - bez klubu

Opposites:
    Kosmatka Agnieszka - Nafta Piła
    Podolec Anna - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała

Liberos:
    Leśniewicz Dominika - Centrostal Bydgoszcz
    Maj Paulina - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała
    Zenik Mariola - Zariecz Odińcowo (RUS)

• Team Russia on Montreux
    1: SEDOVA Yulia
    2: ZHITOVA Olga
    3: ALIMOVA Natalia
    4: PRONICHEVA Zhanna
    5: DUSKRYADCHENKO Maria
    6: IVANOVA Anna
    7: SAFRONOVA Natalia
    8: MARGATSKAYA Ekaterina
    9: KRYUCHKOVA Svetlana
    10: SAZIHNA Olga
    11: GROMOVA Ekaterina
    12: STARTSEVA Evgeniya
    13: ZHADAN Maria
    14: KABESHOVA Ekaterina
    15: MAKHNO Lesya
    16: MERKULOVA Yulia
    17: KULIKOVA Natalia
    18: AKULOVA Marina

• i just notice that caprara is choosing small middle blockers.(exept for merkoulova and borodakova)..like Zhitova and Bruntseva in 2006 and Sazhina and Alimova in 2005.and i really miss Belikova and Tebenekhina i hope Caprara will recall them

• Team Turkey

1: URCU Bahar
    2: KAYALAR Gülden
    3: YELDAN Nihan
    4: ÖZCELIK Özlem
    5: ÖZBEK Aysun
    6: DENKEL Gökçen
    7: HANIKOGLU Natalia
    8: KONAR Nilay
    9: HAKYEMEZ Deniz
    10: KIRDAR Gözde
    11: ÇELIK Pelin