Olympic Games - Schedule and Broadcasting Info

• Use this topic to inform about channels, which are broadcasting online. or which matches will be shown on which channels. Generally all about Transmission :)

Match Schedule

Saturday: 09/8
    Beijing Institute of Technology Gymnasium
    10:00-11:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Italy - Russia
    12:00-13:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Serbia - Kazakhstan
    Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Algeria - Brazil
    14:30-16:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Poland - Cuba
    20:00-21:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Venezuela - China
    22:00-23:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Japan - USA

Monday: 11/8
    10:00-11:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Algeria - Serbia
    12:00-13:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Kazakhstan - Italy
    Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool A USA - Cuba
    14:30-16:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Brazil - Russia
    20:00-21:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A China - Poland
    22:00-23:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Japan - Venezuela

Wednesday: 13/8
    10:00-11:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Italy - Algeria
    12:00-13:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Venezuela - USA
    Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Russia - Kazakhstan
    14:30-16:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Serbia - Brazil
    20:00-21:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Cuba - China
    22:00-23:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Poland - Japan

Friday: 15/8
    10:00-11:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Algeria – Russia
    12:00-13:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Brazil - Kazakhstan
    Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Venezuela - Poland
    14:30-16:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Serbia - Italy
    20:00-21:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A USA - China
    22:00-23:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Japan - Cuba

Sunday: 17/8
    10:00-11:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Kazakhstan - Algeria
    12:00-13:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Cuba - Venezuela
    Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool A Poland - USA
    14:30-16:00 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Italy - Brazil
    20:00-21:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool A China - Japan
    22:00-23:30 Women's preliminaries - Pool B Russia - Serbia

Tuesday: 19/8 Capital Indoor Stadium
    10:00-11:30 Women's quarter-final 01 After drawing result
    12:00-13:30 Women's quarter-final 02 After drawing result
    20:00-21:30 Women's quarter-final 03 After drawing result
    22:00-23:30 Women's quarter-final 04 After drawing result

Thursday: 21/8 Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's semi-final 01
    20:00-21:30 Women's semi-final 02

Saturday: 23/8 Capital Indoor Stadium
    12:30-14:00 Women's bronze-medal match
    20:00-21:30 Women's gold-medal match
    21:50-22:10 Women's Award ceremony

• Good news! The net of CCTV has launched the web TV to broadcast all of the matches of OG.I don't know if foreigners can watch them, but you'd better have a try during the game.
    Here's the link(English version):The CCTV Web You can find Spanish version and French version there. And you can also find some vidoes and photos of every contry's preparing for the OG. What's more, you can find some videos to teach you Chinese! (But I don't find the 24-hour- broadcasting program in the English Version now, but you can find all of the CCTV programs.)

Here's the link(Chinese version):The CCTV Web

• It is a good thread!
    Here is the CCTV Volley-Channel. CCTV will broadcast all of the volleyball matches on the net. I don't know whether CCTV will put some IP protection on it. If you can wathc it, you have to download and install the little plug-in first. If you want to see other OG games, you can find it from the post above.
    CCTV Volley-Channel

• It is a good thread!
    Here is the CCTV Volley-Channel. CCTV will broadcast all of the volleyball matches on the net. I don't know whether CCTV will put some IP protection on it. If you can wathc it, you have to download and install the little plug-in first. If you want to see other OG games, you can find it from the post above.
    CCTV Volley-Channel

Thank you!!!

but, i can't connect this thread.

english version is ok, but chinese version doesn't.

do you know why?

• It must be because CCTV put IP protection on the website. I think you can use some proxy to 'change' your IP to Chinese IP, just I did when downloading the mega videos(I use US IP)

• Due to the 10-hour time lag between Brazil and China, tha majority of Brazil's matches will be broadcast at 3 AM, others around midnight.
    Basically, in Brazil, the Olympic day will start at 10 PM and it will finish at 12 AM.

• For happy owners of TVP Sport

RUS vs. ITA (live) [04:00 polish time]
    SRB vs. KAZ (live) [06:00]
    CHN vs. VEN (live) [14:00]
    JPN vs. USA (live) [16:00] (Eurosport)

USA vs. CUB (live) [06:30]
    BRA vs. RUS (live) [08:30]
    JPN vs. VEN (live) [16:00] (Eurosport)

:thumbdown:

BRA vs. KAZ (live) [06:00]
    SRB vs. ITA (live) [08:30]
    JPN vs. CUB (live) [16:00]

CUB vs. VEN (live) [06:00]
    ITA vs. BRA (live) [08:30]
    RUS vs. SRB (live) [16:00]

2x 1/4 finals (live)
    1x 1/4 on TVP1 (live)
    (i don't know which quaterfinals will show TVP)

1) 1/2 final on TVP 1 (live)
    2) 1/2 final on TVP Sport (live)

Bronze Medal Match (live) [06:30]
    Gold Medal Match (live) [14:00]

• Polish matches:

09.08 POLAND vs. CUBA (live) [08:30] TVP 2
    11.08 POLAND vs. CHINA (live) [14:00] TVP 1
    13.08 POLAND vs. JAPAN (live) [16:00] TVP 1
    15.08 POLAND vs. VENEZUELA (live) [06:30] TVP 2
    17.08 POLAND vs. USA (live) [06:30] TVP 2
    ;)

• Thank you :) does TVP has a live stream or sth?
    (btw, seems like ur BBCode is not activated, so next time u use one of the codes, please check the box "enable BBCode in this post" U can do this, where the smilies are (u see there are different tabs "smileys, settings, attachments etc" You can find that option under settings). I activated the code myself in the last posts :) )

• You guys can try the following link:

http://esportes.terra.com.br/pequim2008/index.html

This is an internet server that is announcing they will broadcast the OG for free. They signed a contract with the International Olympic Comitee and they will be the only website in Latin America that will broadcast the OG. Besides the live events users will be able to watch any replays they want.

As this is an Latin American website though, I am afraid they will focus more on the American continent's competitors, anyway, as volleyball is the 2nd most popular in Brazil, I am pretty sure they will have a full coverage of the volleyball event.

I hope this website be useful for the inside-volleyball forum users.

• Are there another european satellite channels except TVP, which will show lots of olympic volleyball?

• German digital channel EinsPlus (on Astra unfortunately) will show some volleyball every day....detailed schedule is not out yet.

EinsPlus can be seen with Zattoo!(http://zattoo.com) I hope all the pl games will be shown there..but I wouldn't bet on it. At least some volleyball though. When you know the detailed schedule, could you post a link?

• German digital channel EinsPlus (on Astra unfortunately) will show some volleyball every day....detailed schedule is not out yet.

Got it. Thank you! :thumbup: Let's wait for TV guide...

I'm wondering, will channels in other countries broadcast volleyball live? In Russia they seem not be going to do it at all ;(
    In Italy there are tons of sport channels and two great teams. Aren't they going to show?? Serbia, Croatia, France, Bulgaria, Spain, Turkey !?!?!?!? People! Let us not to die without VB!!! 8o

• It must be because CCTV put IP protection on the website. I think you can use some proxy to 'change' your IP to Chinese IP, just I did when downloading the mega videos(I use US IP)

How can i change it?? i cannot go into the chinese version...anyone who knows how to deal with that please tell me...

• you can go to http://www.nbcolympics.com and catch some live volleyball matches online. ofcourse it will be highlighted by USA matches. if you fail to catch the live match(es), there is an archive section where you can still view the ones that you missed.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Schedule of German TV stations ARD (Das Erste), ZDF and the digital channels EinsPlus and EinsFestival:

http://www.ard-digital.de/23258_1

Unfortunately it's not very much and not very detailed either....it was much better in Athens :down:

and since volleyball is not so popular here, they probably will show just some minutes of the matches and go back to other "more interesting" sports...

It was cool in Athens, if i remember right ZDFinfo showed almost all female volleyball matches. And cos of that i became a volleyball fan :lol: