Poland - PlusLiga 2008/2009

• Resovia Rzeszów - Kędzierzyn-Koźle 2:3 (21:25; 25:20; 22:25; 25:11; 14:16) stats
    Resovia Rzeszów: Gierczyński (17), Oivanen (18 ), Wika (14), Gawryszewski (4), Hernandez (11), Ilić (1), Ignaczak (libero) and Woicki, Kaczmarek, Perłowski (9), Papke.
    Kędzierzyn-Koźle: Masny (3), Kacprzak (11), Novotny (23), Szczerbaniuk (15), Szczygieł (8 ), Ruciak (9), Mierzejewski (libero) and Lewis, Pilarz, Witczak (2).
    MVP: Novotny

Krzysztof Stelmach won his first match as a coach (:

• Jastrzębski Węgiel - Delecta Bydgoszcz 3:1 (37:39, 25:18, 25:23, 25:16) MVP: Guillaume Samica
    Trefl Gdańsk - Skra Bełchatów 1:3 (16:25, 27:29, 28:26, 18:25) MVP: Mariusz Wlazły
    AZS Częstochowa - AZS Politechnika Warszawska 2:3 (25:23, 19:25, 22:25, 25:23, 11:15) MVP: Jurii Gladyr

• After the first round my impression that Skra is unbeatable in Poland remains :) Not that the PlusLiga is weak, on the contrary, it is among the five best in the world (along with Russian Superleague, Italian Serie A, French Pro A and Greek Superleague). But I think this year the situation is going to be the following: Skra - first and all the other clubs in the PlusLiga behind. I hope I am wrong so that we can see surprises in the final stage!

As for the teams in general, I am very disappointed by AZS Czestochowa. Not because they lost, it can happen to any team, but because they, in my personal opinion, don't have that competitive team this year. I wanted to see Wika, Szczerbaniuk, Gierczynski and Woicki in the IECL but, obviously, not this year. The season is just starting, I know, there is all the time in the world to prove me wrong, but I think they will disappoint a lot more during the season. Maybe in the IECL as well though they are considered to finish in top two along with Iraklis!

On the other hand, it's very nice to see teams like Trefl Gdansk, Asseco Resovia Rzeszow, ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle and Jastrzebski Wegiel getting stronger and stronger. Their rosters appeal to me a lot and they will challenge the highest league positions for sure! I used to like Mostostal-Azoty very much and what happens in Kedzierzyn-Kozle now makes me very happy! The combination of a young (for a coach) coach with players like Szczerbaniuk, Novotny and Ruciak should be successful!

I watched this winter Lukoil Neftochimik - Asseco Resovia in my hometown Bourgas! Now they have even more powerful spikers, not only experience in their team (as was the case last year) and they should also perform well in the PlusLiga. In fact, I think that Asseco and Skra will reach the final playoff though Jastrzebski is an awesome team as well!

This is promising to be definitely the most interesting Polish championship ever! I just hope that you, guys, will upload some games in order to watch the giants getting in shape ;)

• as for SKra yes you are right. what's upset me about SKra is that they have lots of young players like Mozdzonek Kurek Jarosz but they will spend most of the time on the bench so they cant improve :(

AS for Czestochowa dont expext miracles. AZS is THE YOUNGEST team in history of POlish league :whistle: they all need time . avarage age of starting six is about 21 and the whole team even lover.

i think this year cometition will be very interesting. there are 2 3 team which cant compete for medals but all others can. i'm very impressed about Trefl Gdansk. it's firs season for them and they manage to sign with a great players like Janic Zannuto Kadziewicz Samardzic. all they need to be complete team is good OPP.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• It is really impressive, how Polish volleyball league improved in the last years. For a longa time it was basketball league, which was the most professional and had the highest sport level in our country. Now, I think, volleyball is on the first place and I have nothing against that. :) Great native and foreign players, stabile finances, full halls, good atmosphere, good international performances by the teams, many matches in TV. What could a real volleyball fan want more :whistle:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Here are some pics from matches of 1st round:
    AZS Olsztyn - Jadar Radom
    Trefl Gdańsk - Skra Bełchatów
    Jastrzębski Węgiel - Delecta Bydgoszcz and here
    Resovia Rzeszów - Kędzierzyn-Koźle
    AZS Częstochowa - AZS Politechnika Warszawska

AS for Czestochowa dont expext miracles. AZS is THE YOUNGEST team in history of POlish league :whistle:

And I see they have the youngest cheerleaders also ;)

• What could a real volleyball fan want more :whistle:

Matches closer from my place ... ;(

AS for Czestochowa dont expext miracles. AZS is THE YOUNGEST team in history of POlish league :whistle: they all need time . avarage age of starting six is about 21 and the whole team even lover.

Yeah, I can see that! I just expected a team representing Poland in the most prestigeous European club competition to be competitive enough! It's sad that they could not hold their key players but it's admirable that they have such a young squad! Unfortunately, the only experience comes from Andrzey Stelmach and, partially, Smilen Mlyakov... I think this is simply not enough but you're right - they have very talented young players with the future ahead of them! It's good for volleyball in general when junior-looking teams like Czestochowa prosper!

• Jadar Radom - Jastrzębski Węgiel 0:3 (24:26, 21:25, 20:25) stats
    Jadar: Maciończyk (2), Terlecki (6), Kosok (4), Żaliński (13), Pawliński (10), Kocik (8 ), Stańczak (libero) and Domonik, Hernandez (2), Owczarski (3)
    Jastrzębski: Freriks (1), Hardy (11), Samica (12), Prygiel (14), Czarnowski (8 ), Jurkiewicz (5), Rusek (libero) and Pęcherz, Nowik
    MVP: Guillaume Samica (2nd match in polish league and 2nd award :roll: )

AZS Politechnika Warszawska - AZS Olsztyn 1:3 (18:25, 19:25, 30:28, 20:25) stats
    AZS Politechnika: Kłos (7), Gladyr (12), Neroj (2), Kapelusz (9), Kvasnicka, Rybak (17), Milczarek (l) and Skórski (14), Położewicz (2), Buszek (5), Wojtaszek
    AZS Olsztyn: Grzyb (2), Kowalczyk (8 ), Oczko (1), Kunnari (19), Siezieniewski (17), Szymański (18 ), Andrzejewski (l) and Józefacki (4), Zagumny
    MVP: Paweł Siezieniewski

Tomorrow: Skra Bełchatów - AZS Częstochowa (TV) and Delecta Bydgoszcz - Resovia Rzeszów

• Delecta Bydgoszcz - Resovia Rzeszów 0:3 (17:25, 12:25, 19:25) stats
    Delecta Bydgodzcz: Janczak (4), Lipiński (2), Cerven (3), Kokociński (6), Pieczonka (4), Sopko (2), Dębiec (libero) and Konarski (9), Krzywiecki (5), Augustyn (1), Kozłowski, Kaczmarek
    Resovia Rzeszów: Papke (13), Gawryszewski (5), Perłowski (9), Wika (8 ), Gierczyński (14), Woicki (1), Ignaczak (libero) and Łuka (1), Kaczmarek (1)
    MVP: Marcin Wika

Skra Bełchatów - AZS Częstochowa 3:0 (25:16, 25:20, 25:13) stats
    Skra: Falasca (3), Wlazły (13), Pliński (8 ), Wnuk (3), Kurek (15), Murek (9), Gacek (libero) and Bąkiewicz
    AZS: Stelmach, Mlyakow (13), Wrona, Nowakowski (6), Michalczyk (1), Bartman (7), Zatorski (libero) and Janeczek (2), Drzyzga (1), Wiśniewski (1), Gradowski, Wierzbowski
    MVP: Bartosz Kurek

Last match of 2nd round Trefl Gdańsk - Kędzierzyn-Koźle will be played on 31.10

3rd round
    24.10 AZS Częstochowa - Trefl Gdańsk (TV)
    25.10 AZS Olsztyn - Skra Bełchatów (TV)
    25.10 Jastrzębski Węgiel - AZS Politechnika Warszawska
    25.10 Resovia Rzeszów - Jadar Radom
    25.10 Kędzierzyn-Koźle - Delecta Bydgoszcz

• i have goodnews for those who would like to watch matches of PLus LIga. there will be live video from games. you just need to download programme called ipla(it is available
    on PLus LIga site just go to videos section) there's no matches
    available yet but i think it's a metter of couples of days. from what i
    see quality is great and i hope tommorow there will be live stream
    from Skra vs OLsztyn. i also hope it's not just words and they will
    really do live video from matches, games from PLus LIga KObiet will be
    probably also available :)

• i have goodnews...

Me too ;)
    AZS Częstochowa won :dance6:
    AZS Częstochowa - Trefl Gdańsk 3-2 (27:29, 25:22, 25:17, 25:15, 20:18 ) stats
    AZS Częstochowa: Fabian Drzyzga (3), Wojciech Gradowski (15), Łukasz Wiśniewski (4), Piotr Nowakowski (14), Zbigniew Bartman (29), Smilen Mlyiakov (6), Paweł Zatorski (libero) and Przemysław Michalczyk (1), Bartosz Janeczek (10), Dawid Gunia (5)
    Trefl Gdańsk: Wojciech Winnik (11), Łukasz Kadziewicz (14), Jarosław Stancelewski (9), Wojciech Serafin (15), Bojan Janic (17), Jakub Bednaruk (1), Marco Samardzic (libero) and Łukasz Kruk, Dariusz Szulik, Krzysztof Kocik (3)
    MVP: Zbigniew Bartman

• yes it's great news indeed :) at last they won NOwakowski was great at last he play well his service was awsome Janic and Samardzic have lots of problem with it:super: of course Bartman was the best in AZS he was unstopable and his reception wasn't that horrible like last times :) i'm waiting for CHL and i hope "my" :lol: boys will do fine with Fenerbache :box:
    and i hope Mlyakow won't be the first OPP from today :)

• The program is cool! 10x for the information! But how do you know which games and when will be available on ipla? In the 'Plus Liga' section there is no information (it is just empty)...

• The program is cool! 10x for the information! But how do you know which games and when will be available on ipla? In the 'Plus Liga' section there is no information (it is just empty)...

i now there no matches yet but from what i read today matche SKra-Olsztyn will be available it start at 3 pm so it;s good to try today :) every matches which was brodcasted by Polsat sport will be available so every week there will be 2 more matches in Plus Liga section :)

• AZS UWM Olsztyn - PGE Skra Bełchatów 1:3

(21:25, 25:23, 23:25, 24:26)

Składy:

AZS UWM: Oczko, Kunari, Siezieniewski, Kowalczyk, Grzyb, Szymański, Andrzejewski (libero) oraz Zagumny, Józefacki

PGE Skra: Falasca, Murek, Kurek, Wnuk, Pliński, Wlazły, Gacek (libero) oraz Bąkiewicz, Możdżonek, Dobrowolski

Olsztyn was leading 10:4 in 4th set :D

Skra's :bump: was awful! But because of reception: :obey: for Falasca.

Supporters behaved reprehensibly! They were whisteling when Możdżonek came into game.

• Jastrzębski Węgiel - AZS Politechnika Warszawska 3:2 (19:25, 25:18, 20:25, 25:17, 15:9) stats
    Jastrzębski Węgiel: Freriks (5), Czarnowski (3), Jurkiewicz (11), Prygiel (17), Hardy (10), Samik (16), Rusek (L) and Łomacz, Grygiel (2), Rafa (4), Nowik (5)
    AZS Politechnika: Polozhevets (3), Kapelus (11), Gladyr (12), Rybak (15), Skórski (9), Kłos (10), Milczarek (L) and Wojtaszek, Buszek (1), Radomski, Gałązka (1)
    MVP: Paweł Rusek

ZAKSA Kędzierzyn Koźle - Delecta Bydgoszcz 3:1 (22:25, 25:17, 28:26, 25:20) stats
    ZAKSA Kędzierzyn Koźle: Masny (4), Novotny (21), Szczerbaniuk (15), Kaźmierczak, Martin (8 ), Ruciak (7), Mierzejewski (L, 1) and Pilarz, Kacprzak (7), Szczygieł (6)
    Delecta Bydgoszcz: Kaczmarek (2), Cerven (10), Pieczonka (8 ), Kokociński (4), Sopko (18 ), Janczak (15), Dębiec (L) and Lipiński, Konarski (2), Krzywiecki, Augystyn (4)
    MVP: Robert Szczerbaniuk

Resovia Rzeszów - Jadar Radom 3:0 (27:25, 25:22, 25:16) stats
    Resovia Rzeszów: Gierczyński (14), Oivanen (18 ), Wika (7), Gawryszewski (4), Perłowski (11), Woicki, Ignaczak (L) and Papke (3), Ilić
    Jadar Radom: Maciończyk (4), Kosok (6), Pawliński (4), Żaliński (7), Kocik (9), Terlecki (3), Stańczak (L) and Hernandez (1), Małecki, Owczarski (3), Salas
    MVP: Mikko Oivanen

Next match:

Last match of 2nd round Trefl Gdańsk - Kędzierzyn-Koźle will be played on 31.10

Match you can watch on TV and probably on justin.tv also.

• Supporters behaved reprehensibly! They were whisteling when Możdżonek came into game.

Yes, he is a traitor fo them. It is rather childish :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

As for now you can watch Skra Bełchatów - AZS Częstochowa, AZS Olsztyn - Jadar Radom, Resovia Rzeszów - Kędzierzyn Koźle and AZS Politechnika Warszawska - AZS Olsztyn.