European Championships 2009

• Are you kidding me... Turkey first or second :lol: They rarely can win against Italy and also I don't remember when was the last time they beat Germany. And there is also Serbia on their way.

turkey beat germany last year in GP. 8) not so far right? and italy. in mediterrean games we lost in italy2s home 3-2 and tie-break was 15-13 :what: that is, they are not so strong we cannot beat ;) ı don t want to claim
    anything again, ı have already said my reasons. you can also say your reason , because it isnot logical say X team will win without talkıng about any reasonable justification...

• I think, that thies ECh don't have clear favorites. But in my opinion Italy should win it and I also expect quite good play by German and Czechs. Poland or Turkey with medals? I doubt. It is not impossible, but rather difficult to achieve. I even believe, that it is worse for Poles, that they will play at home. Maybe it sounds a little bit strange, but I'm affraid home ground won't help us.

My prediction:
    1. Italy
    2. Germany
    3. Russia
    4. Netherlands
    5. Turkey
    6. Poland
    7. Serbia
    8. Czech Rep.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• In my opinion it wasn't a great success for Turkey to be defeated by Italy 2:3...I think this results doesn't show Turkish force and doesn't give big hopes for win over Italy on EC.
    Italy didn't play good at the beginning of this season...On EC they should play much better. Even Poland (who isn't designated as favoutite on this forum) defeated Italy on tournament in Turin....

• To make prediction is very difficult, because the competition is very balanced. At least 7 teams are almost on the same level. Anything can happen.

In my opinion this are the strong and weak points of the competitive teams. The one that will play on the weak points of the opposite teams will win.

RUSSIA
    -strong point = powerful hitters, jump serve, blocking
    -weak point = defence, setting, predictable game, attack in the middle

SERBIA
    -strong point = setting, quick play, blocking, jump serve
    -weak point = reception, confusion on court, some inexperienced players

POLAND
    -strong point = combinations, float serve, blocking
    -weak point = reception, defence, demoralization

TURKEY
    -strong point = defence, float serve, setting if Aydemir is on
    -weak point = predictable game if playing too much with Neslihan

ITALY
    -strong point = balanced team, defence, setting, quick play
    -weak point = serve, blocking

NETHERLANDS
    -strong point = experienced middle blockers, strong opposite
    -weak point = reception, not very developed way of playing, bench

GERMANY, I don't know really. I didn't see them much. I need som help here. I guess serve is their strong point.

Obviously anyone can disagree with me. :lol:

• Russia has completely given up jump serves, but therefore their defense has improved a lot.

Serbia also is using jump float more than power jump serves now, and I don't think setting is one of their strong points. I like Ognjenovic, but she is too inconsistent.

Germany's strengths are mainly the serves, but also good block and defense and solid reception. Our problem certainly is the attack :down:

• You said;one of Italy's weak point is blocking.What about Barazza?She is an impressive middle-blocker (But for attack Gioli is a super-hero :super: ) in my opinion.And I think Netherlands won't have receiving problem,because they have a wonderfol outside hitter,Debby Stam.

• You said;one of Italy's weak point is blocking.What about Barazza?She is an impressive middle-blocker (But for attack Gioli is a super-hero :super: ) in my opinion.And I think Netherlands won't have receiving problem,because they have a wonderfol outside hitter,Debby Stam.

Barazza and Gioli are great middle blockers both in blocking and attacking! But the rest of the team is really not that good in blocking.

• Russia has completely given up jump serves, but therefore their defense has improved a lot.

Serbia also is using jump float more than power jump serves now, and I don't think setting is one of their strong points. I like Ognjenovic, but she is too inconsistent.

Germany's strengths are mainly the serves, but also good block and defense and solid reception. Our problem certainly is the attack :down:

Really Russia has given up jump serves? That's shocking news. It was their trademark

About Maja, I think when she's on she great! I remember the pipes with Nikolic. :win:

• POLAND
    -strong point = combinations, float serve, blocking
    -weak point = reception, defence, demoralization

well i can't agree with that at all. now you hardly ever see Poles with any combination and our block is way to unpredicable. we can score 26 points (with Dominicana Rep) or 3 . yeah our Float service is probabbly one of the best if not the best in Europe, we do have problems with succesfull spikes (becasuse of bad reception our setting are more prediable) and defence is our strong point :P Baranska Zenik and Sadurek are all great diggers, now we are quite short team (only Gajgal have 190 cm) so our defence improve a lot :)

so if i would do a strong and weak points of Poland it would look like that
    Strong points: Service Defence and we can consider block as strong point
    weak point Reception Attack(basiclly the most importand ones) and we are making far too many errors

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• well i can't agree with that at all. now you hardly ever see Poles with any combination and our block is way to unpredicable. we can score 26 points (with Dominicana Rep) or 3 . yeah our Float service is probabbly one of the best if not the best in Europe, we do have problems with succesfull spikes (becasuse of bad reception our setting are more prediable) and defence is our strong point :P Baranska Zenik and Sadurek are all great diggers, now we are quite short team (only Gajgal have 190 cm) so our defence improve a lot :)

so if i would do a strong and weak points of Poland it would look like that
    Strong points: Service Defence and we can consider block as strong point
    weak point Reception Attack(basiclly the most importand ones) and we are making far too many errors

I have to say that I didn't watch much of volleyball this summer, but I always remember Poland as a team that played a lot of combinations (except with the last Bonitta period) and blocked a lot (I'm not talking just of killing blocks but blocking in general which slows the ball and help the defence).
    With Podolec, Glinka and Skowronska defence was really a weak point. Hopefully Rosner, Maj or Sawicka were included to help.

But if Poland decided to not play combo and worsening the reception it isn't going far. Playing predictable game with smaller players isn't a very smart thing.

• With Podolec, Glinka and Skowronska defence was really a weak point. Hopefully Rosner, Maj or Sawicka were included to help.

But if Poland decided to not play combo and worsening the reception it isn't going far. Playing predictable game with smaller players isn't a very smart thing.

well it wasn't that bad after all. SKowronska is really good digger despite her high POdolec is rubish we have to say that and Glinka is too tall for great dogger :P but still in OG in Beijjin we were one of the best defensing team :D

well with such a bad reception you can't do much unfortunatly :( we miis a pleyrs like Rosner or Swieniewicz who no matter how difficult ball was to receive they could pass it straight to setters hands. right now we are playing one combination quite often mainly with Baranska -ball is not that width and Ania spike nearly from the middle of the net but that's it really, without SKowronska we don'y use back row attack that much ;/ but thankfully our MB are getting more balls now :drink:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Who will be MVP of this European Championships ? Your prediction please. :win:

I think best hitter will be Darnel Neslirhan, best player Gamova, best blocker Stefana Veljković, Maja Poljak or Ivana Milos, best libero Cardulo or Popovic....

and teams...
    1.Serbia, Italy, Germany
    2.Turkey, Russia, Croatia
    3.Holland, Poland

• There's too bad news for Turkey.. Seda and Gülden won't be in ECH :(

• It would be easier to predict EC results if we had any information about team rosters... :whistle:

What about Germany ? There are chances for Roll, Grun or Radzuweit ? Will they play in Poland ??
    Russia :Are Merkulova, Kryuchkova and Pasynkova ready for EC ?
    Netherlands: Wijnhoven ?
    Italy: What about Del Core's shape ?
    Serbia: They had so many health problems this year... Did Brakocevic, Derisilo and Cebic recover ? I wonder if they are ready for playing at the highest level.
    Turkey: I think we know all we should...Seda and Gulden won't play... :huh: somebody else ?

As for Poland all is clear. Matlak called 17 players and only these girls have a chance for European Championships performance (he will chose 14 players for Euro)
    S: Sadurek, Bełcik
    OH: Barańska, Jagieło, Woźniakowska, Kaczorowska, Kosek
    O: Kaczor, Bamber, Wellna
    MB: Bednarek, Gajgał, Pykosz, Dziękiewicz
    L: Zenik, Sawicka, Maj

• for turkey,14 players:
    setters: naz aydemir-pelin çelik (probably naz will play as starting setter)
    Middle blockers: eda erdem-bahar toksoy ipek soroğlu-gökçen denkel
    hitters: neslihan demir darnel-esra gümüş-deniz hakyemez-gözde kırdar-neriman özsoy-elif onur
    libero:nihan yeldan- gizem güreşen

the darker names are probably will be in the line up.
    the others missing players except gülden and seda are natali hanikoğlu,duygu bal,elif ağca...
    neslihan is getting in good shape after her pregnancy. gözde has not recovered properly yet after injuries and neriman still has some problems but rest of others are ok both health and shape...

pol, in your opinion, which players would be in 14 players roster and moreover in starting line up? is mirek still injured and weren t bamber injured? will she play?

• Germany is currently training with 17 players, 14 of them will play ECH.

S: Kathleen Weiß, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Sabrina Ross
    OH: Heike Beier, Maren Brinker, Anne Matthes, Sarah Petrausch, Nadja Schaus
    MB: Christiane Fürst, Corina Ssuschke, Berit Kauffeldt, Kathy Radzuweit :what:
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen

I think Möllers, Schaus, Thomsen and Kauffeldt or Radzuweit will be out. I am surprised that Kathy is even there, after WCHQ she said she would take the rest of the summer off.

No Sylvia Roll :mad: :thumbdown: ;(