European Championships 2009 - Turkey

• I had the opportunity to watch both matches (final and bronze medal) live in Izmir. Poland played like at home, they had so many fans and they never stopped cheering, so fantastic!!

It's nice to hear it! :) At last we have Gold Medal!!! :cup:

Poles comes for gold medals, they are celebrating and we can see Romain Vadeleux... no comments.

I remember that.. I was about to swear. :mad: I hope that Turkey will evolve to a great team. They also played very well at this tournament.

• 8o What a great pic! ^^ Stephane looks really nice in polish shirt :D

like polish commentator during the final said: He's almost a Pole :)

• I think the other users have already said everything about the teams and what they've showed. Huge dissapointment for me after our 1/2, so I will just congratulate the champions, the finalists and our team for the bronze medal. And I want to suggest that in the next european championship the groups and the streams should be normal, not in that ridiculous way...

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• And I want to suggest that in the next european championship the groups and the streams should be normal, not in that ridiculous way...

Do you want an adress to CEV? We could write some letter of complaint together ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• The reasons Poland to win are several:

1. The polish players are complex players - they have all elements from the game above average, like the Brazilian ones. This means good tradition and investments in the youth and also good Italian trainers.

2. The polish players also have the physics - tall and with good jump.

3. In this competition, Poland was not favorite for the title and they played without any pressure. Even the polish audience didn't have great expectations about them. This let them win. I've seen matches in 2007, when the expectations were the reason for poor performances and now this burden was gone.

4. They played with only a few errors - this made the difference in the second set against Bulgaria and this helped them to win against France at the final. This summer, after the World League Poland lost only one match - the first friendly match with Bulgaria - Bulgaria - Poland 3:0. The reason was that this game was under the old rules. The high accuracy is very important in the modern volleyball and they have it.

5. Italian trainer.

6. A little bit of luck in key moments of several games in the tournament - but this is the smallest reason and the luck is with the strongest trams. Bulgaria for example had a little bit of luck against Netherlands and that was all - all went for this game :)

Conclusion: Deserved champions. The next year they will be favorites and this may stop them from replacing Brazil as a super-power in men's volleyball. Poland does not play well as a favorite. I hope we can beat them at the final :)

• 5. Italian trainer.

:wavy: our coach is from Argentina :)
    i agree with everything you said. specially with that favorite part. our player hardly ever play well when expectation are high. now we will se true test next year when everybody will excpect only wins cus hmmm if we consider last 4 years we are the most succesfull European team :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• May be he is born in Argentina, but he is definitely Italian Trainer. Student of Silvano Prandi ;)

About the best European team - as you can see from FIVB this is Russia, according to their criteria. Most of the time this ranking is subjective, because there is no absolute criteria, except when one team wins all the time everything, so we can argue both sides, but I agree with this ranking. After your title, however, you can climb at the top in Europe if you keep that momentum.

About fthe favorites - Bulgaria has the same problem as you - we don't play well as favorites. We gave you the match, because of that, otherwise could be 3:2 or 2:3

• I feel so bad for not commenting in this thread earlier, but I just wanted to congratulate our fabulous guys for winning the European Championship. It was quite unexpected I must admit, and the taste of victory was definitely very sweet :) They are absolutely fantastic and it really is amazing how well they did considering our key players were missing. Great job!!

• Polish team can play well no matter of the players (if Zagumny is there) because it has a system. Very good system.

• Oh I think Zagumny is a genius! Seriously! He's a fantastic player and we are so happy to have him! :)

I feel bad for Swiderski though that he couldn't be there! Zagumny wearing his shirt at the end was a wonderful gesture :)

• I regret this also - the guy is very important for your victories 2005-2008 and has no gold medal

• I regret this also - the guy is very important for your victories 2005-2008 and has no gold medal

Exactly!! That is so not fair!! I hope he'll still make a comeback to the national team!! I'm certainly rooting for him!!