World League 2009

• I'm a little bit disappointed about Poland. They lost too easly against Brazil yesterday. It was easy to notice, that it is very unexperienced team: they were leading in the first two sets till 18-15 and 17-14 and then...stopped playing. And the third set was... I don't know how to call it: walkover, disaster, shame, compromitation, nightmare :white: :pinch: . Choose what you want. I hope it will be better today. New hall in Łódź is great, fantastic atmospher. It would be nice, if we didn't have two Polish defeats there...
    AFROMAN, Superbobo was right - Russia crushed you in the second game ;) But he was also wrong, cause he predicted two loses :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• I'm a little bit disappointed about Poland. They lost too easly against Brazil yesterday. It was easy to notice, that it is very unexperienced team: they were leading in the first two sets till 18-15 and 17-14 and then...stopped playing. And the third set was... I don't know how to call it: walkover, disaster, shame, compromitation, nightmare :white: :pinch: . Choose what you want. I hope it will be better today. New hall in Łódź is great, fantastic atmosphere. It would be nice, if we didn't have two Polish defeats there...
    AFROMAN, Superbobo was right - Russia crushed you in the second game ;) But he was also wrong, cause he predicted two loses :D

It was even worse today :roll: Easy 3-0 victory for Brazil. Too bad. No point,no set for Poland in two matches :aww: It is not the same Brazil that we usually watch and it is possible to beat them, especially, that level of the game today was very low by both side. Poles wanted to win, but after all played bad and didn't deserve it.
    Brazil is confident to take first place in this group, but I'm not sure if they are able to win whole WL this season. I suppose, they will even have a lot of problems in the games against Finland. Our new hall didn't have lucky beginning.

The most important 3:

• I think the Polish NT suffers from the syndrome called BRAZIL :) No matter the competition, the venue, the squad, during the last years Brazil has always beaten Poland.. I mean, as far as NT are concerned! I don't even know when was the last time Poland managed to overcome Brazil.. This team has a potential and has always had, but I can't explain how come they always lose to Brazil.. I watched the game today, it was indeed an easy one for "celecao" despite the fact that both formations were very young! Poland was amazing against Venezuela, I'm sure they can show teeth against Finland as well, but against Brazil it's always another story.. The only trouble I saw in the Polish NT was the opposite position where, in my modest opinion, neither Jarosz, nor Gromadowski can lead Poland to something great! Otherwise, with Wlazly and Szymanski it's another story, you have the future ahead with Bartmann, Kurek, Nowakowski, but the new opposites I think are still not that good enough..

I am happy to see the first marks of Prandi's period in our NT!!! I didn't expect the victory on Saturday, but then the defeat on Sunday, unfortunately, was easily predictable :( If someone had told me we would have a better block and serve than the Russians, I would have advised him to go to the hospital :D Now since it's obvious that Prandi is doing a good job overall, I think we should just patiently wait for the results, because I am sure they will come sooner or later! I'd prefer the team to lose some games now in the summer, but to impress in Turkey in September :) I hope we will find the consistency and the self-confidence we are looking for!!!

• I don't even know when was the last time Poland managed to overcome Brazil

In 2002 Poland beat Brazil three times in four WL matches.

The most important 3:

• If you manage to play so well against Brazil with second squad, you will beat them for sure with A.I'm sure. You just are missing key players. About two losses - I didn't know Russia will underestimate us so much in the first game and we will play very good. In the second game I think referee made mistakes in favour of Russia, but we can't blame only him. We didn't play so well - Kazyiski and Sokolov were serving bad. But they must have good shape in August 14-16 when WCHQ come.

• If you manage to play so well against Brazil with second squad, you will beat them for sure with A.I'm sure. You just are missing key players.

But Brazil is also missing some players, so I'm not that sure...

The most important 3:

• Pool A
    USA - China 3-0 (25-20 25-19 25-21) stats
    Netherlands - Italy 2-3 (25-21 25-23 19-25 15-25 9-15) stats
    USA - China 3-0 (25-20 25-23 25-22) stats
    Netherlands - Italy 0-3 (23-25 15-25 20-25) stats
    Standing
    1. USA 14
    2. Netherlands 11
    3. Italy 8
    4. China 3

Pool B
    Serbia - Argentina 2-3 (25-20 22-25 25-18 23-25 13-15) stats
    France - Korea 3-1 (25-18 25-19 16-25 25-21) stats
    France - Korea 3-2 (25-23 24-26 34-32 20-25 15-10) stats
    Serbia - Argentina 3-0 (25-15 27-25 25-19) stats
    Standing
    1. France 11
    2. Serbia 10
    3. Argentina 8
    4. Korea 7

Pool C
    Japan - Cuba 0-3 (22-25 19-25 25-27) stats
    Russia - Bulgaria 1-3 (29-31 25-16 23-25 20-25) stats
    Japan - Cuba 0-3 (22-25 21-25 18-25) stats
    Russia - Bulgaria 3-0 (25-22 25-18 25-22) stats
    Standing
    1. Cuba 15
    2. Russia 12
    3. Bulgaria 6
    4. Japan 3

Pool D
    Finland - Venezuela 3-2 (19-25 26-24 24-26 25-13 27-25) stats
    Poland - Brazil 0-3 23-25 22-25 10-25) stats
    Finland - Venezuela 3-0 25-21 25-23 25-19) stats
    Poland - Brazil 0-3 19-25 21-25 20-25) stats
    Standing
    1. Brazil 17
    2. Finland 9
    3. Poland 5
    4. Venezuela 5

• We have been talking about how young our teams are. :whistle:

I guest we try to justify their mistakes or to predict how brilliant their future could or must be. And that's great because we are showing that we care about and love VOLLEYBALL. :heart:

Here is the list (from younger to older) of the participating teams based on their rosters of 19 players, except China with 18 players. Let's dream about which are the most promising teams.

Average age in years by teams:

China: 22.61

Cuba: 22.63

Poland: 23.69

Korea: 24.68

Serbia: 24.73

Netherland: 24.94

Argentina: 25.1

Venezuela: 25.21

Finland: 25.26

France: 25.31

Japan: 25.47

Bulgaria: 25.73

Russia: 26.36

Brazil: 26.94

USA: 26.94

Italy: 27

Any thoughts or :read: ?

• When Wlazly and Winiarski are coming? It's very interesting if they come. You can get "Wild Card". I think candidates for Wild Cards are - Poland, Cuba, Argentina and why not Bulgaria. Cuba is also playing like Poland so why not come back too after 4 years not in finals?

• When Wlazly and Winiarski are coming?

Either on the World Championships Qualification tournament in August or on the European Championships in September. Hopefully, if everything is well with their health. They are not in the group of 19 players chosen for the World League.

• I think candidates for Wild Cards are - Poland, Cuba, Argentina and why not Bulgaria.

I agree, but only, if these teams will take 2nd places in their groups. Team from 3rd place shouldn't be given "The wild card".

The most important 3:

• I agree, but only, if these teams will take 2nd places in their groups. Team from 3rd place shouldn't be given "The wild card".

Remember last year? Who get Wild Card - Japan.
    And they are 3-rd I think in ther group ...

• Remember last year? Who get Wild Card - Japan.
    And they are 3-rd I think in ther group ...

Yes, I remember. And I didn't like it. So, as I said before, only teams from 2nd places should be given "wild cards". Although I am a Pole I wouldn't think it is fair, if Poland got the "wild card" as a for example 3rd team in the group. If you are 3rd it means you don't deserve the place in the final. But of course, in WL not only sport is playing a role...

The most important 3:

• Yes, I remember. And I didn't like it. So, as I said before, only teams from 2nd places should be given "wild cards". Although I am a Pole I wouldn't think it is fair, if Poland got the "wild card" as a for example 3rd team in the group. If you are 3rd it means you don't deserve the place in the final. But of course, in WL not only sport is playing a role...

Yes, I think also that. Last year for me this wild card was surprise that was given to Japan...
    I hope this year not to be like that.... without surprise like this :)

• There was big mistake by FIVB last year and they won't do the same this year.. I hope Poland will have wild card becouse of our supperters.. :D

• Thanks for this list. It is really interesting. Im supprised to see Italy on the last place. They play without Cisolla, Fei, Mastrangelo, Zlatanov, Tencati, Bovolenta... so I thought that they'll be higher in this kind of ranking :roll:

• Thanks for this list. It is really interesting. Im supprised to see Italy on the last place. They play without Cisolla, Fei, Mastrangelo, Zlatanov, Tencati, Bovolenta... so I thought that they'll be higher in this kind of ranking :roll:

I thought too, so just wait until then join to the team. :)

Aging teams have advantages and disadvantages: experience vs. renovation. Hopefully Italy won't have problems renovating its team since they have such a deep supply of players and a very competitive league.

• Yes, I remember. And I didn't like it. So, as I said before, only teams from 2nd places should be given "wild cards". Although I am a Pole I wouldn't think it is fair, if Poland got the "wild card" as a for example 3rd team in the group. If you are 3rd it means you don't deserve the place in the final. But of course, in WL not only sport is playing a role...

I totally agree, I think there are too many strings attached....but this is how it works.

Another comment: What do you think about pre-selecting the host for the final round and giving to the country the right to play in the finals?

Believe me nothing in particular against Servia (one of the best teams in the world) neither against hosts for previous editions, but I think it is unfair that some teams are giving heart and soul on the court, exposing their best players to injuries and fatigue while the host countries reserve their best players for the final using the competition to train younger players.

Some teams even finished last in their groups :whistle:

• Another comment: What do you think about pre-selecting the host for the final round and giving to the country the right to play in the finals?

Believe me nothing in particular against Servia (one of the best teams in the world) neither against hosts for previous editions, but I think it is unfair that some teams are giving heart and soul on the court, exposing their best players to injuries and fatigue while the host countries reserve their best players for the final using the competition to train younger players.

Some teams even finished last in their groups :whistle:

Yes, it is a problem. But it is almost impossible to solve it. In fact, host team shouldn't play group stage if this team has the final competition. We have that rule in any other competitions (ECH, WCH etc.). But this is World League and if hosts played only Final Six, they wouldn't earn that much. And FIVB woulnd't earn because of television rights. :D

The most important 3:

• Poland - 12 players for matches with Venezuela

S: Łomacz 87, Woicki 83

OP: Gromadowski 85, Jarosz 87

OH: Bartman 87, Kurek 88, Bąkiewicz 81, Ruciak 83

MB; Możdżonek 85, Nowakowski 87, Kłos 89

L: Zatorski 90

yeah... :dance6: I think next week we can create kindergarten :lol: