Qualification Tournaments for the World Championships 2010

• @ Matthias

Kerstin Tzscherlich was outstanding today and made the difference, together with the combination of a good German service/very bad Dutch reception.

I'm pessimistic about Chaine's Staelens future. She has had too many knee-surgeries in the past and the result of those is that she is restricted in moving.

@ matteo

You are right, reception is very important. Many people forget that without a good reception the middle-attackers are useless.

• So, Croatia and Czech Republic are the newcomers, compared to the previous WC. :thumbup: Only Azerbaijan misses out.

Vesovic played really well against Croatia tonight, probably her best performance in NT so far.

• Overall I am a bit disappointed. The only surprise was that Bulgaria lost all matches, but everything else went as expected (which means boring results ;) ).
    There were two matches who could have made the tournaments more interesting until the last day if they had ended differently, but both ended 16-14 in 5th set in favor of the favorites (POL vs BEL and CRO vs ESP). But eventually the best teams qualified, so everything is OK :thumbup:

• Croatia and Czech Republic: Welcome to world volleyball !! :drink: :thumbsup: It's nice that some new teams will appear on Japanese volleyball courts :lol:

• Yes, I am really really HAPPY that Vesovic has such a great performance !!! :dance4:
    Suprisingly that she got more points than Djerisilo 8o
    Do you record this match ? If yes, could you please post on Multimedia ?? I eagerly want to see the whole match~~~!!

I think she had another good performance before in the European League play against Bulgaria (she got 21 points :thumbsup:)

So, Croatia and Czech Republic are the newcomers, compared to the previous WC. :thumbup: Only Azerbaijan misses out.

Vesovic played really well against Croatia tonight, probably her best performance in NT so far.

• Kathleen Weiss played very well in Martinus but now she is bad again?????

Haven't you see the game? I was there and she was really good today! Always surprising the Dutch blockers :obey: :cheesy:

• I am very thankful to all Azerbaıjan supporters. ı am really very dıssapoınted wıth result.>Our team deserved to qualıfy.The maın reason was ın theır mood. They lost fırst two sets to Germany but showıng typıcal Azerı charachtere whıch they used to show everytıme ın theır good tımes they won two followıng sets. In the tıe-break set our gırls were 5-1 ahead.but ı don"t know what happened to them. ı thınk ıf they could wın thıs match they could wın any other matches.
    Yelena Parkhomenko was ınjurıed a day before at ıt changed all our tactıcs and plans.She ıs one of leaders and key players of our team. Althoug she ıs central player she can receıve very good. I am dıssapoınted ın Oksana Mammadyarova whıch used to be one of the best receıvers at all and leaders of our team.After pregnancy she can not play. lıdıya Maksımenko ıs not hıgh level player and there"s no place for her ın our team. Ksenıya Kovalenko ıs a very good player but wıthout correct receptıon she can not play. Because Oksana Parkhomenko can not pass to centarl players as receptıon ın our team ıs very bad. Ksenıya was the best blocker when she was 18 at ındesıt Champıons league and she has a charachtere of lıder. But thıs torunament was not hers. Natalya Mammadova ıs a greatest player I have seen.She never stops and ıs never tıred.ı love herrrrr!!!!! Oksana Parkhomenko ıs the world class players.She blocked 11 tımes and ıt ıs the best stats ın all the whole tournament. Mamma ıs the bset scorer as we are usual to see her.Korotenko ıs the best receıver. Polına Rahımova ıs the thırd spıker and second server. She ıs seconda MAMMADOVA and we hope she wıll grow up to a very great player.She had 7 aces ın the match agaınst Slovenıa. She ıs very strong player and one of Azerı volleyball future hopes. We mıss very much our Yelena Shabovta.Alla Hasanova and Mammadyarova"s past tımes.As Shabovta saıd.We wıll have problems ın receptıon ın whıch we used to be the best and everybody noted that ın our team. But I hope young players Lıke Oksana Kıselyova.Nıgar Bashırova wıll reaplace them.Even the players of Shabovta level ıs born one ın 100 years. She was.she ıs and she wıll be my ıdeal!

But the lıfe goes on! We wıll have the past success INSHALLAH! We hope and we belıeve!

• Overall I am a bit disappointed. The only surprise was that Bulgaria lost all matches, but everything else went as expected (which means boring results ;) ).
    There were two matches who could have made the tournaments more interesting until the last day if they had ended differently, but both ended 16-14 in 5th set in favor of the favorites (POL vs BEL and CRO vs ESP). But eventually the best teams qualified, so everything is OK :thumbup:

I should add one more game GER vs AZE ;)

• I should add one more game GER vs AZE ;)

Please don't remind me :D

Kathleen Weiss played very well in Martinus but now she is bad again?????

Haven't you see the game? I was there and she was really good today! Always surprising the Dutch blockers :obey: :cheesy:

I have seen the game, ok she can surprise blockers but the quality of her sets was really weak throughout the match. She is trying to (well, Guidetti wants her to...) play very quick sets to the outsides but often they're too far from the net or too close to the net or anything else. I'm not at all a fan of her, I think Denise Hanke should play :thumbdown:

• have seen the game, ok she can surprise blockers but the quality of her sets was really weak throughout the match. She is trying to (well, Guidetti wants her to...) play very quick sets to the outsides but often they're too far from the net or too close to the net or anything else. I'm not at all a fan of her, I think Denise Hanke should play

I have another opinion.I think I saw another game as you. She was really quick, defense was good, and set-ups are faster as Denise,but I think she always find Maggi good, no chance for Holland to block her. I think that's because of Kathleen .

• I think we watched the same game but we just have different views of what makes a good setter ;)
    Yes she was quick, yes she plays good defense, yes she sets faster than Denise, yes she finds Maggi, no question about all this.
    But the problem is because she plays so quick it often affects precision. My opinion is that if you can't play fast sets precisely then don't play them (I mean fast sets to pos 2 and 4, not with the middle blockers). Beier is not a very good attacker so Guidetti thinks she must be used with quick sets, but the weekend showed that it doesn't make any difference, she can't constantly kill quick sets either and she plays tips all the time when sets don't come well. Brinker always attacks diagonal with a lot power and it becomes too much sometimes. With higher sets maybe she'd hit longline a bit more often. And the middle sets to Fürst don't work out very well either, many times Weiss sets them too low and Fürst can only kill them because of her long arms and good reach.
    I have never been and will never be a big fan of Weiss, but when I saw her with Martinus I always thought she played really well. But I keep my opinion that she is not that good with Guidetti as coach.

• For me the results are ok. It will be nice to see best European teams (I mean Russia, Italy, Serbia, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey and Germany) competing against rest of the world next year. None of them get past quarters at the Olympics (from these which qualified offcourse) and I would like to see if anything will change in 2010...

I'm only sad that Bulgaria performance was so poor... :down: and also that Azerbaijan had such a tough group but it was rather their fault... :(

• I want to comment something about Polish supporters during the tournament. They are really fantastic. Watching POL-TUR game I envied them. And today our setter Naz Aydemir wrote on her blog that she was so impressed on Polish supporters and the way their supporting Polish team. And also she said that she and her team mates were so jubilant about congiality and respect which Polish people showed themselves when they were going around the city after the games. Unfortunately our team is not so popular in Turkey and they dont see the respect and attention as they earn though they are probably the most successful national team on any sport in the country. But even mostly no tv broadcasts or news coverage about their games.

Thanks for all Polish supporters make our players feel so happy.

• Unfortunately our team is not so popular in Turkey and they dont see the respect and attention as they earn though they are probably the most successful national team on any sport in the country. But even mostly no tv broadcasts or news coverage about their games.

I suppose your football team take all the popularity for itself: 3rd in WC 2002, 3rd in Euro 2008.
    About Polish supporters: you're welcome :drink:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• there is no doubt that polish and japanese supportersare the most admirable fans...

Yeah, but Japanese fans are supports only Japan, shout "Nippon!" all the time and wave their colorful gummy sticks. That's the way they do this generally :roll: I prefer Brazilians.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I suppose your football team take all the popularity for itself: 3rd in WC 2002, 3rd in Euro 2008.
    About Polish supporters: you're welcome :drink:

Well, in fact football always take all the popularity no matter what results the teams (club or national) get. Yes we have some success and might seem successful in football but it's not we are better, just luckier than our opponents. Therefore probably we will fail getting World Cup 2010 finals though our preliminary group is not hard :(

So our football teams are not strong and competitive as volley and basketball teams are and they were never but always luckier, no doubt I think.

• I want to comment something about Polish supporters during the tournament. They are really fantastic. Watching POL-TUR game I envied them. And today our setter Naz Aydemir wrote on her blog that she was so impressed on Polish supporters and the way their supporting Polish team. And also she said that she and her team mates were so jubilant about congiality and respect which Polish people showed themselves when they were going around the city after the games. Unfortunately our team is not so popular in Turkey and they dont see the respect and attention as they earn though they are probably the most successful national team on any sport in the country. But even mostly no tv broadcasts or news coverage about their games.

You can read Aydemir's blog @ http://www.nazaydemir.com/en/haberler.html