China NT

• News from the Chinese Nationalteam

New Chinese Women's National Team Formed

Beijing, China, March 1, 2007 --The Chinese Vollellyball Association announced here on Wednesday the 18-member roster for the new national women’s volleyball team, with Chen Zhonghe remaining the head coach and Yu Juemin as.assistant coach

Eye-catchng setter Feng Kun and middle blocker Zhao Ruirui are left of the line-up as they are now pursing medical treatment in the United States. However they will certainly join the national team after their recovery.

Fourteen out of the 18 players will start training in a closed camp in Southeastean Province of Fujian from March 5. The four reserve players will not participate in the first leg training.

The 14 players are as follows:

Setters: Wei Qiuyue (18 years old), Han Xu (19),

Opposites: Zhou Suhong (27), Li Juan (24),

Wing Spikers: Wang Yimei (19), Yang Hao (26), Zhang Yuehong (32), Sun Xiaoqing (22),

Middle Blockers: Xu Yunli (19), Xue Ming (20), Liu Yanan (26), Ma Yunwen (20),

Libro: Zhang Na (26), Zhang Xian (22)

Veteran player Zhang Yuehong from Liaoning province is recruited to the national women’s team again after two years when she quit the national team in the wake of the 2004 Athens Olympics, where she helped China struggle to re-capture the gold after a 20-year wait.

Zhang’s town mate Chu Jinling has also been replaced by Sun Xiaoqing from the army’s team. Chu Jinling has reportedly been sent off the team for not being fit enough in previous matches.

The two setters Wei Qiuyue and Han Xu are very young and joined the national team for the first time.

In an interview with China Central Television Station (CCTV), a CVA official said it’s not the final squad for the Beijing Olympics next year, indicating further changes will be probably made to achieve a perfect lineup.

source: fivb.org

well, im interested to see how the team will change during the time till Beijing and also how the team will participate in all the other tournaments! Cos right now i dont know how to rate the team at all :?

• Zhao Ruirui and Kun Feng definitely make the difference in the Chinese NT. I'm sure China will cause lots of trouble to the other teams in the Beijing OG.

Obviously, this year, the Chinese coach will try to hide as much as possible China's game with the excuse that he's testing new players so that the other teams won't predict their main plays so easily and find a way to neutralize them.

• Quote from "Celso"

Zhao Ruirui and Kun Feng definitely make the difference in the Chinese NT. I'm sure China will cause lots of trouble to the other teams in the Beijing OG.

Obviously, this year, the Chinese coach will try to hide as much as possible China's game with the excuse that he's testing new players so that the other teams won't predict their main plays so easily and find a way to neutralize them.

the head coach has that excuse, yes he has...but i think its a bit too late to train new players with a year to go

and the two setters are short compare with Naz, 186 cm tall, a rising star from brazil, belcik, of poland standing at 185 cm and akulova is 184

i hope china could make their effort to be a semi finalist in 08 OG lol

• Quote from "Celso"

Zhao Ruirui and Kun Feng definitely make the difference in the Chinese NT. I'm sure China will cause lots of trouble to the other teams in the Beijing OG.

today, new china will take on the traditional rival cuba ...a great game it will be

surprisingly, george eugenio will very probaly use 30 years old ruiz as spiker for the tourney

and china will also probably use the 32 years old zhang yue hung as spiker today

ps: hao yang has minor knee injuries; wang yi-mei has not yet recovered from her twisted ankle caused by her weight; old libero zhang na has her kneck injuries since the world championship

the starting line-up for montreux will probaby the list minus wang and zhang na :roll:

• [quote="colossus"]
    cuba finally won over china 3-2

after china got the first 2 sets at hand, cuba came back strong and tied 2 sets and in the fifth set, barros' serve caused great damage to china and sealed their victory

chinese squad: zhang yue hung and li juan as spikers, zhou su-hung as opposite, 19years old wei as setter, MDS: xue ming, 20 years old, xu yun-li, 20 years old, Ma yun-wen, 20 years old

next week, 4 teams will go into the 2nd round in ningbo, the host city for grand prix 07

• [quote="bobaas"]What about performance new setter and new libero??

so far not so good but so far okay :D
    of cos she is not as feng kun but she is heathy and set gets on well with all the players---thats a good thing, isnt it

libero, below average for passing, but improving; defense good. need more experience right now

as zhang na has knect problem, the new libero will be in montreux and grand prix, same for the new setter

• [quote="colossus"]

chinese young players got awards

best setter: wei qiu-yue: China
    best blocker: xue ming: China
    best libero: zhang xian: China

Best ATTACKER: Flier: Holland
    Best SERVER: Santos: Cuba

for the first round, china 2 wins 1 loss but with better points ratio and set ratios ranked no 1 despite holland with the same win records

china: 3-0 dominica; 3-1 holland and 2-3 lost to cuba
    holland: 3-2 cuba, 3-2 dominica and 1-3 lost to china

dominica: 0-3 to china, 0-3 to cuba and 2-3 to holland

• [quote="colossus"]

2nd round will begin tomorrow
    live broadcasting time cctv5

30th may, 7:30pm hk time: china vs holland
    31st may, 7:30pm hk time: china vs dominica
    1st june, 7:30pm hk time: china vs cuba

re-broadcasting time, cctv5
    31th may, 9:30am, hk time: china vs holland
    1st june, 9:30am, hk time: china vs dominica
    2nd june, 2:50pm, hk time: china vs cuba

• [quote="colossus"]cuba beat dominica 3-2

cuba again had a hard fight: first 2 sets beaten by 23-25, 22-25, cuba came back again with 25-23, 25-20. in the final set, cuba took a very long time before cuba finished off dominica at 20-18

china beat holland 3-0
    china met holland again but this time it surprised all china won a 3-0 victory
    1st set: 25-16; 2nd set: 25-18; 3rd set 26-24

• [quote="colossus"]
    china beat cuba 3-2

tonight, a big match is going on, china took the first set 25-18; the second set cuba came back strong and took the set by 25-15; but china did not improve the reception and lost the third set by 18-25 but china refused to go away by taking the fourth set. in the final set cuba did not play consistent game trailing at 9-14 but cuba got 2 points but a serve error caused cuba the set and the game :?

• [quote="colossus"]

yesterday, its decided yi-mei wang and zhang na the veteran libero will not go to montreux and russia for yeltsin cup

b4 the injury, she sang with the coach, "i only care about you"

now she has to rest for recovery

• Quote from "sisam"

Quick correction, Naz is from Turkey not Brazil :wink2:

sorry for the misinformation,

update: china sent a 11 woman squad to russia for the yeltsin cup, hoping to defend the title

first day: china beat russia 2 in str8 sets

2nd day china beat holland 3-1

tonight, china will take on azerbaijan, 8pm hk time, Shanghai TV Channel; Guandong TV Channel :wink2:

• I already commented about this in the other China Women's "topic"...but if you haven't gotten a chance to see my comment, here it is...I was wondering where is Zhang Ping #18 of the China Women's National Team...? She contributed so much during the 2004 Olympics that I hate to NOT see her play for the 2008 Olympics...She is MY Favorite out of everyone on the TEAM...my second is the setter Feng Kun....but Zhang Ping!! WHERE IS SHE?

• I already commented about this in the other China Women's "topic"...but if you haven't gotten a chance to see my comment, here it is...I was wondering where is Zhang Ping #18 of the China Women's National Team...? She contributed so much during the 2004 Olympics that I hate to NOT see her play for the 2008 Olympics...She is MY Favorite out of everyone on the TEAM...my second is the setter Feng Kun....but Zhang Ping!! WHERE IS SHE?

i like ZhangPing too!! but i think we cant see her playing for NT in a short time :(
    she got serious knee injury & she had a surgery in Germany few months ago...now she stays at TianJin for recovery(i didnt hear her latest news since she is back from Germany)

heard that she need to rest at least one year or even more ;(

her latest photo: (she congrats her teammates for winning the Champion of Chinese League)

• In women volleyball China is much stronger than in male one. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona