Montreux 2009

• Another dreadful performance by Japan :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    IMO they are completely on the wrong way. They should stick to their traditional strengths like reception, defense and quick play instead of trying to play "modern" volleyball. Come on, Japanese players will never be great backrow hitters!!!

Italy has just so many good players, it's incredible. Barcellini and Marcon are new in NT and already show very good performances on this level, also Merlo and Rondon have been doing very well today and yesterday after a not so good performance in the first match. I feel almost sorry that probably many of these players will not be in Italy's best team when Lo Bianco, Piccinini and all the rest are there :S

• POland won a set with Brasil - the end of world is near :lol:
    FINALLY :drink: god for how long we waited for that ?? 1990? :D even though we were smashed in 3rd and 4th set i'm so proud of you girls :rose: i mean how many teams have won a set against Brasil over past year :D

Japan :wall: i haven't seen their performance but i really don't like the way this team is heading :mad:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• We won a set against Brazil...it's something new :lol:

It's nice result because we played without Zenik as libero and we had no opposite...Żebrowska was replaced by Przybysz (because of injury). Moreover Kaczor and Barańska weren't in "12" today.

I'm quite satisfieid with our play in Mountreux. Poland may be really strong this year but we should wait for it. Now there is no starting six and Matlak uses all players. It's importnat to have Kasia Skowronśka in roster because we have same problem with position of opposite. And of course we still wait for Dziękiewicz (she may come back for European Championships, not earlier.... :whistle: )

• Another dreadful performance by Japan :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    IMO they are completely on the wrong way. They should stick to their traditional strengths like reception, defense and quick play instead of trying to play "modern" volleyball. Come on, Japanese players will never be great backrow hitters!!!

Italy has just so many good players, it's incredible. Barcellini and Marcon are new in NT and already show very good performances on this level, also Merlo and Rondon have been doing very well today and yesterday after a not so good performance in the first match. I feel almost sorry that probably many of these players will not be in Italy's best team when Lo Bianco, Piccinini and all the rest are there :S

I like so much Barcellini. I hope she will improve more and more. And I like also Bosetti. Unfortunately she has to watch instead of playing because of injury. Garzaro is also a good MB. Yesterday she played a good match. Today Crisanti played instead of her. I'm proud of those young girls! :)

Japan had a bad defence today. I think Matthias is right, they should play their traditional volley. When they do they are able to beat a fair amount of teams (WCH06, WGP06...). Last year they beat Italy 3-0 and I remember them beating also China 3-0 in 2007 and Cuba in 2006. In these games their play was amazing. Smart and witty.

• i mean how many teams have won a set against Brasil over past year :D

Very few! Congratulations to Poland considering they played without Glinka, Skowronska, Podolec, Zenik! :thumbsup:

• Very few! Congratulations to Poland considering they played without Glinka, Skowronska, Podolec, Zenik! :thumbsup:

Well, if Poland didnt have those three important players, Brazil also played without Jaqueline and Paula. And Poland should not be overenthusiastic, because Brazil is focusing on trying the new players. When they dit take the matters seriously the result of the 3rd and 4th sets were elf evident: 25- 14 and 25 -13. I am sure Brazil will dominate the volleyball scene for the years to come, I feel lucky to be able to watch such a team. What a joy

• Just for the sake of curiosity, in 2008, Brazil played 27 official matches.
    The team's record was the following: 26 victories and 1 defeat. 80 sets won and 9 sets lost.

• The semifinals will be:

Brazil vs. Netherlands

Italy vs. China

• Well, if Poland didnt have those three important players, Brazil also played without Jaqueline and Paula. And Poland should not be overenthusiastic, because Brazil is focusing on trying the new players. When they dit take the matters seriously the result of the 3rd and 4th sets were elf evident: 25- 14 and 25 -13. I am sure Brazil will dominate the volleyball scene for the years to come, I feel lucky to be able to watch such a team. What a joy

I disagree, Poland had its merits. I believe the Polish girls could have even reached the semifinals if they had first met Germany, then China and Brazil. In my opinion, the Polish teams lacks stability when it comes to the team's roster. I am convinced that if the Polish team could keep its main players for one season or two, they will be a very strong team in volleyball scene. It is a pity that Poland's team is always missing one player or two in important tournaments. They rarely play with their full force and even so they achieve impressing results.

As for Brazil, of course the team is playing well, but without Fofão, things will be very tough and I wouldn't underestimate any opponents at all, especially a tall and promising team like Poland. I believe Brazil will be a strong team, but there are other strong teams in the world and if they play well, they will beat Brazil and this will be no surprise at all.

• Well, I'd prefer we lost 3-0 but in closer sets. That one won set doesn't taste that good, if you lose other so clearly and with no discussion. Even if yo play against Brasil. I was expected such a result (it wasn't difficult to predict it), so I'm not angry . But I also don't see special reasons to be happy :roll: .

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• I enjoy this year's Brazilian team.

Carol Gattaz - great blocker, 9 against China and 5 against Poland!
    Ana Tiemi - fierce setter considering it's her first senior national callup
    Danielle - another setter I like, I think Ze Guimaraes will not be having a hard time finding a setter considering these 2 and Brazil always produces great setter (eg Venturini, Fofao, Mauricio etc)
    Adenizia - I really like her in the 4th set against Poland
    Natalia - the future of Brazilian volleyball

I can't wait to see Camila Brait.

I think they're perfecting their serves. Sassa, Fabiana, Adenizia etc

• I disagree, Poland had its merits. I believe the Polish girls could have even reached the semifinals if they had first met Germany, then China and Brazil. In my opinion, the Polish teams lacks stability when it comes to the team's roster. I am convinced that if the Polish team could keep its main players for one season or two, they will be a very strong team in volleyball scene. It is a pity that Poland's team is always missing one player or two in important tournaments. They rarely play with their full force and even so they achieve impressing results.

As for Brazil, of course the team is playing well, but without Fofão, things will be very tough and I wouldn't underestimate any opponents at all, especially a tall and promising team like Poland. I believe Brazil will be a strong team, but there are other strong teams in the world and if they play well, they will beat Brazil and this will be no surprise at all.

I absoulutely agree with you about Ploish tema"s instability. And something more- I guess lack of harmony between certain players. Brazil, on the other hand, doesnt seem to be very much influenced by the absence of the exceptional, unique, legendary Fofao. DOnt forget that Ana Tiemi will not be the setter of Brazil, but DAnielle Lins (also the captain).

• Well, I'd prefer we lost 3-0 but in closer sets. That one won set doesn't taste that good, if you lose other so clearly and with no discussion. Even if yo play against Brasil. I was expected such a result (it wasn't difficult to predict it), so I'm not angry . But I also don't see special reasons to be happy :roll: .

Personally , although I am a crazy fan of Brazil, Poland should be the most successful tem in Europe. I dont know what is wrong. Perhaps Bonitta was not the right choice (he also had problems with Italian NT, so much that someplayers woved to quit) In the Olympics, too the team played great in some parts, but the stability was the problem. Thats why I wroter above that the Polish should not be overenthusiatic about winning a set against Brazil. Poloand should sit down and figure out what prevents them from showing their talents fully. By what I am seeing in Montreux, I dont think Poland will be much successful in the following torunaments. I think , based on the current situation they will finish 4th in European championship in September, after Italy, Russia, and another team (Serbai, the Netherlands, or Turkey)

• Well, if Poland didnt have those three important players, Brazil also played without Jaqueline and Paula. And Poland should not be overenthusiastic,

i get ur point but i don't think PAqueno and Jaquline are as importand to Brasil as Skowronska and Podolec are to POland. i mean i Brazil when Paula is missing there's still a long queue of great player to replace her. in Poland there is SKowronska than long big nothing and than there are Kaczor Zebrowska etc. Poland do have some good players with potential like Bednarek Sadurek or Baranska but their not world class. we have 3 world class player in that moment(Skowronska Zenik and Podolec) and yesterday none of them was playing so i'm very happy with that one set :D

Personally , although I am a crazy fan of Brazil, Poland should be the most successful tem in Europe. I dont know what is wrong. Perhaps Bonitta was not the right choice (he also had problems with Italian NT, so much that someplayers woved to quit) In the Olympics, too the team played great in some parts, but the stability was the problem. Thats why I wroter above that the Polish should not be overenthusiatic about winning a set against Brazil. Poloand should sit down and figure out what prevents them from showing their talents fully. By what I am seeing in Montreux, I dont think Poland will be much successful in the following torunaments. I think , based on the current situation they will finish 4th in European championship in September, after Italy, Russia, and another team (Serbai, the Netherlands, or Turkey)

the problem of Polish team both male and female is their mentally. we just don't have mentally of a winners . we never beliave in ourselfs we always yhinking we don't have any chance etc. somethimes i have feeling that Poland is afraid to win :what: i mean look at our past tournaments.OG- we lost 2 tie breaks we had a chance against China to lead to the tie break but we lost all 3 matches. qulification to OG in Halle we played great we lead to the tie break we were leading in tie break and we lost. WC tie break with Cuba and Japan wchich we should have won but again we lost close match against USA-if we have won those close matches we would qulify from WC :S and finally ECH. we smashed Serbia in a group phaze we were leading 23-20 in the semis and we lost whole match 3-0(up to this day i can't understand how could we lost that) . we are always so close but still we can't make that final step

and talking about ECH i'm rather optimistic. Russia should struggle without their big names . Holland will be strong but our team seem to like to play with Dutch and on ECh Skowronska will be back(hopefully she won't need surgery) Dziekiwicz will be back,Baranska in her top shape is deadly dangerous ,Pole will play in front of 12 thousand fanatic fans so it can't go wrong :D

• Group A:
    Brazil 6 pts
    China 5 pts
    Poland 4 pts
    Germany 3 pts

Group B:
    Italy 5 pts
    Netherlands 5 pts
    Cuba 5 pts
    Japan 3 pts

Schedule: 13.06.2009 - Half Finals
    Poland - Japan 3-0 (25-22)(25-23)(25-21)
    Cuba - Germany 0-3 (17-25)(21-25)(12-25)
    Brazil - Netherlands 3-0 (25-23)(25-20)(25-16)
    Italy - China 3-0 (31-29)(25-23)(25-23)

Officall Web Site : http://www.volleymasters.ch/[/quote]

• Poland defeat Japan 3-0
    that result can mean 2 things. either Japan is really reaaly in horrible shape or Poland play a match of a lifetime :lol: first option is more likely cus in good shape Japan always manage to kich Poles asses :D congrats girls that's one of the best if not the best result in Montreux :wavy:

Cuba lost to Germany 3-0 . and it's stop to be funny . their continue their pathetic performance in fact i havne't watch that match but 28 errors in 3 sets it waaaaaaaaay too much ;/

• Ok Cuba never receives well but this today...please, any high school team receives better than this!!!
    28 errors in 3 sets is dreadful, but 14 errors in one set (1st) even more so! 3rd set performance was an insult for the spectators, they came there to watch volleyball and not 6 Cuban girls only standing there and looking good :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :!:

But anyways....for us it's the chance to take revenge on Poland tomorrow :D

• But anyways....for us it's the chance to take revenge on Poland tomorrow :D

:wavy: or for Poland to proof it wasn't random win :win:
    but anyway i hope Germany will play better than in first match cus than they didn't show their full potential. i'm looking forward to see a good match and the result is really not importand on that stage :drink:

• Yes I totally agree...when both teams play with their best players (i.e. those that played in today's matches) it should be a very balanced and interesting game. Guidetti should finally stop giving too much playing time to the new players and rather try to find a competitive starting six for WCHQ in July. There will be plenty of time to try players again in WGP...