Please please!Olympic Qualification 2004 in BAKU!

• That was a big miss for Turkey 😭

Nice to see Grun playing as OH with her weird spiking approach. Sylvester is giving me Ebrar vibes. Meanwhile I realized how much I miss Aysun Özbek. Nowadays we don't see such good sliders (Eda did a great job after Aysun but now we don't have any youngster that could fill in Eda's role after she retires.)

• -> This is a video from 1994 WCH, Azerbaijan vs Peru.

I want to watch Victoria Ravva in Azeri team but in this video, she is back row 3 rotations ;( when she is front row, video ends.

-> 2006 Champions League semi final between Vakifbank and Perugia, I searched it in 3 languages but couldn't find. It's the game I wanna watch again so badly.

https://www.cev.eu/Competition…3&ID=191&CID=2122&PID=459

Vakif was leading 2-1 but lost in tie break. If I'm not wrong, it was even 7-7 in tie break and then Vakif fell down. Perugia won final much more easily.

Vakif was playing with 1 middle, opposite with setter. Ukranian setter Komisarova was blocking in middle. Buzayev and his weird system.

Peru, the team played Olympic final against USSR in 1988 was also playing in this system with legends Perez del Solar(mb) and Rosa Garcia(s)

• Vakifbank tried that system later on with Elif Ağca. It works when a team has a tall-ish setter and good slider MBs. In that system backrow attack is done by OH from zone 6. It could have work in our NT previously since we had better MBs than opposites in last couple of years but now we have Ebrar so it is not necessary anymore

• I remember that match very well, Neslihan was amazing. She was serving very well as well, Walewska was receiving when she was back row.

Was that the match Senna Usic came and played instead of Dorota Swieniewicz when Dorota twisted her ankle? I might be mistaken but I remember such thing, might be another final four.

• That was a big miss for Turkey 😭

Nice to see Grun playing as OH with her weird spiking approach. Sylvester is giving me Ebrar vibes. Meanwhile I realized how much I miss Aysun Özbek. Nowadays we don't see such good sliders (Eda did a great job after Aysun but now we don't have any youngster that could fill in Eda's role after she retires.)

Sorry, but Turkey was not playing at all except Nealihan and Aysun. Natalia Hanikoglu looked soo bad, she was standing and giving bad vibes to her team.:down:

Was that the match Senna Usic came and played instead of Dorota Swieniewicz when Dorota twisted her ankle? I might be mistaken but I remember such thing, might be another final four.

No, this was year before. In 2006 she was in a very good shape after 2005 ECH gold and was best European player that year.

• Was that the match Senna Usic came and played instead of Dorota Swieniewicz when Dorota twisted her ankle? I might be mistaken but I remember such thing, might be another final four.

You are right about Senna Usic. She came from bench but the one injuried was Zetova, not Dorota.

Senna played really good as 20yo newcomer in this semi final. Oh gosh, she had tremendous potantial but after an injury, she was never same attacker again.

• You are right about Senna Usic. She came from bench but the one injuried was Zetova, not Dorota.

Senna played really good as 20yo newcomer in this semi final. Oh gosh, she had tremendous potantial but after an injury, she was never same attacker again.

I don't remember if this was already discussed in this forum but why did Usic get retired such an early age?

• there's a video of poland vs russia in that tournament

It was cut at the beggining of set 4 but good game,russia without sokolova but great game

So mad against this poland generation after flopping at all international tournaments,great squad and legendary players

I remember they also lose at details in 2008 against russia in the final and in 2012 they win from them

• There a video from that tournament but it's not this. The description is wrong.

This is match from WGP2004 qualification tournament held in Piła, Poland.

Here is Poland vs Russia from Baku 2004:

https://drive.google.com/file/…MOpiqlRlQLRnOKC9i8jO/view

https://drive.google.com/file/…xw-bzTfTp9uouJtdBVft/view