2009 transfer news

• Gustavo Scholtis signed in Mayaguez.

Eric Vance and Taylor Wilson signed in Guaynabo.

Vibo is also showing interest towards Marco Molteni (Yoga Forli) and getting on loan Javier Gonzalez (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo). I don't think they will sign Gonzalez though...

...well... it happened - Javier Gonzalez signed for two years with Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia.

• Erdem Sonat in Besiktas. New team of the league Besiktas settles with Erdem Sonat who has played for Manavgat in 2nd league last season. Black-whites got Erman Gulcin and Soner Erol before, now they have 1983 born spiker too.

• Sean Rooney(USA) is the new outside hitter of Panathinaikos

• Two transfers from the Russian Superleague:

Sergey Khoroshev (Lokomotiv Belgorod) goes to Dinamo-Yantar Kaliningrad

Alexander Korneev (Zenit Kazan) goes to Lokomotiv Novosibirsk

Lokomotiv Novosibirsk have bought some world-class players for the new season. I am curious whether Priddy will stay there for one more year.. In case he does, this team will be very competitive! Hector Soto left despite the fact that Lokomotiv will be surely stronger next year, but they might find a good replacement in the following months... It's interesting also whether Alexander Butko will join Novosibirsk...

• Galatasaray found the setter. While seeking for a new setter after failure on Donald Suxho, Galatasaray found the new setter. Cimbom settles with Brett Alderman. 30 year old and 1.91 m tall player played for Ziraat Bankası in 2006-2007 season. After having Australian setter, Galatasaray comes to an agreement with Ali Peçen of Fenerbahçe in principle.

• According to the commentators of sport + (french broadcater of WL) Jean-François Exiga will play with Montichiari next season.

• Some transfer news from Germany:

The 18-year-old German junior NT player Christian Fromm (Zurich Team VCO Berlin) signed with VfB Friedrichshafen.

In evivo Dueren there are several new names to mention: Renzo Verschuren (Netherlands, middle-blocker, coming from SC Moerser), Artur Augustyn (Poland, middle-blocker, Delecta Bydgoszcz) and Jan Umlauft (Germany, attacker, Montpellier).

• I've just read, that Pavel Abramov signed with Jastrzębie 8o :!:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I've just read, that Pavel Abramov signed with Jastrzębie 8o :!:

8o wow i din't expect that coming :D i don't like him(most Poles don't like him heh) but he is great player , good job JW :thumbup:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• 8o wow i din't expect that coming :D i don't like him(most Poles don't like him heh) but he is great player , good job JW :thumbup:

Well, I also don't like him :D , but he definitely can give a lot to his new team. Very good news for Jastrzębie's fans (and generally for Polish volleyball fans), after Samica changed the club.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Two Dutch NT players and key members of Ortec Rotterdam Nesselande signed with Noliko Maaseik last month. Niels Klapwijk (attacker) and Yannic van Harskamp (setter) are moving from the Netherlands to Belgium.

• Jose Rivera (32, 1.94 m) is the new outside hitter of E.A. Patron.

The club from Patra has also signed Ioannis Livathinos (setter, 32, 1.83 m), Dimitris Gkaras (libero, 24, 1.85 m), both from Lamia and Christos Kitsios (middle blocker, 32, 2.02 m) from Ethnikos Alexandroupolis.
    Moreover, in the next few days they will officially announce their agreement with Israel Rodriguez.

They have renewed the contract with middle blocker Michalis Kovats (38, 2.07 m).

Boyan Yordanov and Andrey Zhekov have a valid contract with E.A.P. for next season.

• Player of Fenerbahce, Baris Hamaz singed a contract with Halkhank from strong team of Ankara.

• Former Olympiakos' player and captain of Greek NT, Nikos Roumeliotis (31, 2.01 m) is the new opposite of Aris Thessaloniki.

Theodoros Bozidis (36, 1.96 m) is the new setter of PAOK Thessaloniki. Last season he played for Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia.

• Giba signed a pre-contract with a brazilian new club , Pinheiros....Pinheiros also signed with middle-blockers Rodrigao and Gustavo, and setter Marcelinho..

source: http://globoesporte.globo.com/…ODRIGAO+E+MARCELINHO.html

brazilian superleague will be quite competitive next season.. :woohoo: