Brazil's NT 2009 - 2012

• 18 players are in the team roster for the next competitions. My surprise lies on the fact that Carol Albuquerque won't be called to play for the NT anymore. Zé Roberto said he will invest in new players for the London OG and that Carol's cycle with the NT is over. Last year he asked her not to retire from the NT so that she would help him in the transition of setters. I just didn't get that, but I wish good luck to the newcomers.

Brazil's team will start to practise on May 4th and the team roster is the following:

Setters: Ana Tiemi - 1,87m (Finasa/Osasco), Dani Lins - 1,83m (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Fernandinha - 1,73m (Yamamay Busto Arsizio) and Fabíola - 1,83m (Brasil Telecom/Brusque)
    Opposites: Joycinha - 1,90m (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Natália - 1,86m (Finasa/Osasco) and Sheilla - 1,85m (Blaüsiegel/São Caetano)
    Outside hitters: Jaqueline - 1,86m (Scavolini Pesaro), Mári - 1,89m (Blaüsiegel/São Caetano), Paula - 1,85m (Finasa/Osasco), Regiane - 1,90m (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Sassá - 1,79m (Finasa/Osasco)
    Middle-blockers: Adenízia - 1,87m (Finasa/Osasco), Carol Gattaz - 1,92m (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Fabiana - 1,93m (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Thaísa 1,96m (Finasa/Osasco)
    Liberos: Fabi - 1,69m (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Camila Brait - 1,59m (Finasa/Osasco)

I believe the starting team will be: Dani Lins - Sheilla - Mári - Paula - Fabiana - Thaísa and Fabi (L). I really like Adenízia and Natália and I hope they could play well for the National Team.

• I don't think so. I believe she will recover from her problem in a few days just by resting and undergoing the medical treatment. She wasn't able to rest in the last days cause her team was deciding the title of the Championship. Now she has pleenty of time to do that.

As far as I am concerned. Paula's problem is a natural consequence of the sugery she suffered in her knee in 2004. I haven't heard anything about her undergoing another knee surgery. I don't think that is the case.

• I don't think so. I believe she will recover from her problem in a few days just by resting and undergoing the medical treatment. She wasn't able to rest in the last days cause her team was deciding the title of the Championship. Now she has pleenty of time to do that.

As far as I am concerned. Paula's problem is a natural consequence of the sugery she suffered in her knee in 2004. I haven't heard anything about her undergoing another knee surgery. I don't think that is the case.

:lol: Thanks for your information. That is good for her. But she has to go to the NT training center soon, right? So that's not a lot of time for her to rest. :super:

• paula pequeno is to undergo the knee cirgury on next wednesday...it will take up to 3 months for her to recover

• No Walewska! :O
    Thaisa for starting MB! Agh... just when you thought brazil couldn't dominate anymore.

• I think Walewska has retired from the NT.

• The real roster for Montreux Volley Masters is the following:

Setters: Dani Lins (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Ana Tiemi (Finasa/Osasco)
    Opposites: Sheilla (Blaüsiegel/São Caetano), Natália (Finasa/Osasco) and Joycinha (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)
    Outside hitters: Mári (São Caetano/Blaüsiegel), Sassá (Finasa/Osasco) and Regiane (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)
    Middle-blockers: Fabiana (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Thaísa (Finasa/Osasco) and Carol Gattaz (Finasa/Osasco)
    Liberos: Fabi (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Camila Brait (Finasa/Osasco)

Paula is not in the Montreux Roster cause she will undergo a surgery in her left knee. It will take her 6 weeks to recover. I believe she will be able to play the World Grand Prix and the World Grand Champions Cup in case Brazil qualiifes for this competition.

I believe Jaqueline will be called after the end of the Italian League. The new FIVB rule allows teams to have 14 players in their roster and there is still one spot left.

The starting-six plus the libero might be:

Setter: Dani Lins
    Opposite: Sheilla
    Outside hitters: Mári and Jaqueline (in casse Jaqueline were not called I believe Sassá will replace her in the starting six)
    Middle-blockers: Fabiana and Thaísa
    Libero: Fabi

I hope Adenízia be given the chance to play for Brazil's NT. I really like her.

• Just adding What Celso said...

Looks like Fernandinha wont be in National Team....she lets say...kind of refuse it....hehehe.....well..not that exacly...but....
    In an interview....to UOL.com...had
    Após saber da inscrição inicial por recados de amigos em um site de relacionamento, Fernandinha chamou o técnico da seleção para uma conversa de dez minutos, depois da eliminação de seu time para o Pesaro, de Zé Roberto, no último domingo. Na ocasião, a levantadora falou de seus problemas físicos na coluna e no pescoço - resquícios de um atropelamento em 1992.

Portuguese:
    "Foi uma conversa bem franca que sabia que teria que ter, porque ele sabe da minha condição física. Quando falei que precisava dar um tempo para o meu corpo e fazer reforço, o Zé Roberto ainda disse para eu tentar tratar com ele. Mas infelizmente não tem como", explicou Fernandinha ao UOL Esporte. A levantadora vai aproveitar as férias no Campeonato Italiano para retornar ao Brasil, descansar e fazer pilates e RPG para a recuperação de sua coluna.

Ao contrário de Carol Albuquerque, Fernandinha diz que esta chance de vestir a camisa verde-e-amarela provavelmente seria a primeira e única. "As portas se fecham totalmente. É uma coisa que falei para ele [Zé Roberto] que é real. Não é como o joelho que volto quando terminar de tratar. Posso conseguir manter o estado estagnado ou pior, mas melhorar não tem como. Não tem como pensar em futuro na seleção", lamentou.

English:
    After knowing about the first calling for National Team through a relationship site (I believe must had been through orkut..or facebook), Fernandinha called the coach from National Team for a ten minutes talk, after the elimination from her team to Pesaro, from Zé Roberto, in last sunday. In that ocasion, the setter talked about her physical conditions in her back and neck - problems came from a car acident in 1992.

" Was a very honest talk that I knew that would have to happen, cause he knows about my physical condition. Wehn I told him I needed a time for my body and for making a reforce, zé still told me for me to try to treat myself with them. but unfortunetly dont have how." explained Fernandinha to UOL Esporte. The setter will take the time from vacations from Italian Championship to return to Brasil, rest and make pilates and RPG for recovering her back.

In a different speach from Carol Albuquerque, Fernandinha says that this chance to wear Brasil shirt is probably her first and only. " The doors close totaly. And is one thing I told him [Zé roberto] that is real. Is no like the knee that I come back when finish treatment. I can keep the stage the same or worse, but get better dont have how to. Tehre si no way how to think in a future in National Team". said with sorrow.

So..I think that is it...Fernandinha will only be playing in clubs now.....but is easy to understand her actually....cause..Zé..never gave her a chance, not even to train....actually..he never give much chances to players that are not teh ones he is used to work with...and she always showed a bit of "angry" with him cause of that...and now that she is in media....he remember her....I dont know....if she dont like him....and have other prioridies in her life..is easy to understand..but of course..for me as a Brasilian..I fell sorry...cause I think she would have a lot to give for National Team....

• I agree with you Joana, but on the other hand Fernandinha is already 29 years old and she is not tall. I believe Zé Roberto made the right choice by calling Dani Lins and Ana Tiemi. I thought Carol Albuquerque would be called to the NT later on, with Paula and Jaqueline, cause I remember Zé Roberto asking Carol not to retire from the NT. Things might have changed, though.

• It is so sad that Fernandinha refused. But I think that when she will join, she won't be the main setter as Ze will groom Dani. I think that made a factor too in her decision.

Fernandinha is not tall, but she can set very well, she can block (based from her matches I saw with Busto), and she can definitely put down overpasses from the opposing team. :)

• So..I think that is it...Fernandinha will only be playing in clubs now.....but is easy to understand her actually....cause..Zé..never gave her a chance, not even to train....actually..he never give much chances to players that are not teh ones he is used to work with...and she always showed a bit of "angry" with him cause of that...and now that she is in media....he remember her....I dont know....if she dont like him....and have other prioridies in her life..is easy to understand..but of course..for me as a Brasilian..I fell sorry...cause I think she would have a lot to give for National Team....

:wacko: I feel sorry for her. It seems she feels she was not treated fairly for so many years. :( I hope she can have a chance to show her ability at least one time. :super:

• It is so sad that Fernandinha refused. But I think that when she will join, she won't be the main setter as Ze will groom Dani. I think that made a factor too in her decision.

Fernandinha is not tall, but she can set very well, she can block (based from her matches I saw with Busto), and she can definitely put down overpasses from the opposing team. :)

I think she did not refused joining the NT. She was actually refused by the coach. She uses to talk more than she should. Her interview last week for UOL (a Brazilian site) was sort of saucy and we know the Brazilian coach does not like this type of behavior.

• Lins/Sheilla - Mari/Natália - Fabiana/Thaísa - Brait... Let's go!

Nice team, Victor! I really liked it!

• Adenizia has been called to train as well

• Kuraf, what's with Natalia's face? Are they pimples or burn scars? Browsed through the pics you posted and noticed her face.