female volleyball market

• Let's talk about something I really don't know very much: volleyball market and its dynamics.
    How much are players in top clubs paid? Who does receive all the money? Just players or also federations? What about agents? Do clubs make speculations (example - buy a player for a season for 100, make a contract of two years, and than sell it for 200)? Are the prices on the rise? Which roles are more paid? Does the prices depend on players offer and demand (I mean if there is more offer of good liberos than demand the prices should go down, but if there is less offer and more demand of good setters the prices should go up?)?

closed markets (almost no export and no import) - China, Cuba
    almost closed markets (few export and few import) - Japan (one foreigner for club), South Korea
    no export but some import (limitations of two or three foreigners for club) - Russia, Turkey
    some export and more import - Italy
    some export and some import - Poland
    some export and almost no import - Brazil, Azerbaijan
    imports a lot and almost no export - Spain, Greece, France (especially Cannes), Switzerland (especially Volero)
    exports a lot and almost no import - United States, Dominican Republic, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands

It would be great if Cuba and China opend their markets!

• Being from Germany I can say that we do have quite a lot of import. But it is very different from team to team. Some teams consist only of German players, others almost only of imports. The thing is just that there are no FAMOUS imports ;)

• As far as I can remember we had 3 imported players in serbian league this season:Liana Mesa(Cuba) played for Red star(Crvena zvezda), Yulia Kovtun(UKR) and Paula Cortes Isajar(COL) for Jedinstvo.About export...well, I can name more than 50 serbian female players playing all over Europe.

• Danielle Scott played in Brazil 6 seasons..
    Logan Tom ,Kebba Pheeps and Pirv have already played in Minas ,in the Brazilian superleague...Piccinini played in Rexona ...last season we had cuban Indira Mestre on Mackenzie roster...
    hope we have at least one foreign player next season

• after neslihan come back her former club (vakıfbank güneş sigorta) there is only yağmur koçyiğit,which plays in spain, who play in foreign country.
    in fact,ı believe we shouls export some of our players(eda erdem,seda tokatlıoğlu,neriman özsoy,esra gümüş,gülden kayalar..etc) but as you all know in turkey,there are lots of strong and rich volleyball club such as eczacıbaşı,vakıfbank,telekom,fenerbahçe ...they pay enough money and our league is storng as much as italy and russia. so we don t export turkish players.(although every reason,ı hope one day they can encourage to o abroad and represent our country like neslihan darnel)

How much are players in top clubs paid?

Glinka when she was playing in MUrcia she was earning 300 000 euro per season and she was the highest paid female plauer in POland :) in POland the highest paid players can expect something like 30 000 zl per month(~7000 euro)

the only players of POland playing abroad are Skowronska and POdolec and it's really shame that eg Baranska Bednarek Sadurek Skorupa are sitting in POland and playing in our poor league. i even heard that Bednarek had offert from Bergamo and Sadurek from NOvara(she would played there insdead of Feng) and i don't know why they don't go to Italy-they all have high potential but they are wasting it in our Leauge :(

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• closed markets (almost no export and no import) - China, Cuba
    It would be great if Cuba and China opend their markets!

Although they haven't in recent years, ı used to think Cuban players only play in Russian League. But if someone have a look at the team rosters of the 1999-2000 season teams of Seria A like Reggio Calabria and Despar Perugia, you see that players like Ruiz, Ana Ivis, Regla Bell and Marlenys Costa played in Italy in 1999-2000 season and they didn't have to stop playing for NT.
    Statistics from the play offs 1999-2000 Despar Perugia-Reggio Calabria
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…llinoGara.asp?IdGara=1277

I don't know how this happened cause normally we think Cuban players do not play abroad. Is this a special situation? I'm asking about this cause ı think Cuba's exporting volleyball players to Europe would have a big impact on the European Leagues.
    Look what two of them(Mirka and Aguero) are doing and how succesful they are :thumbup:

• Although they haven't in recent years, ı used to think Cuban players only play in Russian League. But if someone have a look at the team rosters of the 1999-2000 season teams of Seria A like Reggio Calabria and Despar Perugia, you see that players like Ruiz, Ana Ivis, Regla Bell and Marlenys Costa played in Italy in 1999-2000 season and they didn't have to stop playing for NT.

I don't know how this happened cause normally we think Cuban players do not play abroad. Is this a special situation? I'm asking about this cause ı think Cuba's exporting volleyball players to Europe would have a big impact on the European Leagues.
    Look what two of them(Mirka and Aguero) are doing and how succesful they are :thumbup:

I think that Cuban players played in Italy with a spacial agreement with the Cuban federation. The same probably happened later in Russia.
    Cuban and Chinese players would have a big impact on European League.

• Glinka when she was playing in MUrcia she was earning 300 000 euro per season and she was the highest paid female plauer in POland

My goodness that is big money! I guess that Sokolova, Aguero, Francia, Gamova and Fofao are paid even more then. :what:

• What is the average pay of players in the Italian League, Russian League, Brazilian League and the Turkish League?

• In Brasilian League...the player that has recieved more from all history is Sheilla for this season in Sao Caetano...she was reciving something a bit more then 700.000 reais...something around 250.000 Euros

Well..I think the market is very different around the world...cause first thing is to adapt to the own country market...and second to the rules of the championship and everything...but I beleive that in all cases....the contract is between only the players/agents and the clubs....I dont think federations wins something...

when the contract ends in one club..the player can make a deal with other clubs...being in their own country or out....but probably the federation must be tell of...specially in some cases like here in Brasil for example...players under 23 cant go to Italy..is a rule from our federation..to keep the youngers here...so..defienlty in that case..the federation gets in the middle...but...out of that..I dont see reasons they would get in the middle of a transference...(maybe only in Cuba and China of course..because of the way of the governament)
    When the contract is not over yet with a club...another team can sign with this player...but usually paying something to the club that she has contract too....

I think works kind of like that...but I cant be sure ofcourse...only someone that works in that middle to tell...

• But if someone have a look at the team rosters of the 1999-2000 season teams of Seria A like Reggio Calabria and Despar Perugia, you see that players like Ruiz, Ana Ivis, Regla Bell and Marlenys Costa played in Italy in 1999-2000 season and they didn't have to stop playing for NT.

I took a look at those stats. Wow, Italian league looked insanely strong back then. Just unbelievable some of the rosters. It's a shame the league seems to be losing some of its strength for the last few seasons, but then some of the other leagues in Europe have got stronger.

• Wow, USD 750, 000 is a lot of money!

• :cheesy:
    Really?? I'm not sure they've got their money's worth in that case...

You are right that's why she was sent from Türk Telekom, I don't think Aguero left Türk Telekom by her own wish cos she had one more year contract but she had so much ups and downs during the season and she was like a disaster in semi finals.

:what:OMG, You mean US dollars? So what Aguero earned is the double of what Sheilla earned. 8o

According to some romours Türk Telekom sent offers some top Brazilian players, I hope one of them is Sheilla, if she was Sheilla I hope she comes, Türk Telekom can pay her like they did Aguero, cos they are richest team of Turkish league, I'm sure Sheilla would be more helpful than Aguero.

• According to some romours Türk Telekom sent offers some top Brazilian players, I hope one of them is Sheilla, if she was Sheilla I hope she comes, Türk Telekom can pay her like they did Aguero, cos they are richest team of Turkish league, I'm sure Sheilla would be more helpful than Aguero.

Now Turkey is the country who supports female volleyball market so much. Thank you. :rose:By the way Aguero was fired? :mad:

• Now Turkey is the country who supports female volleyball market so much. Thank you. :rose:By the way Aguero was fired? :mad:

I'm not sure she was fired or not nobody knows what was going on but it seems like that, cos she had contract for next season as well, maybe it was mutual decision or team's or Ping's, we don't know, Aguero was the most expensive player of Turkish league but she couldn't pay it back last season. She didn't play like she used to be.

• I'm not sure she was fired or not nobody knows what was going on but it seems like that, cos she had contract for next season as well, maybe it was mutual decision or team's or Ping's, we don't know, Aguero was the most expensive player of Turkish league but she couldn't pay it back last season. She didn't play like she used to be.

Did she say any reason physically or mentally? Or maybe she just wasn't used to the life there for the first season.