Champion's League 2009/2010

• Our teams surely didn't make some great performances this week and so far in this IECL...surely Cannes has a strong team, so does Fenerbache (probably that's just a superb team). Also Vafikbank has a good team, some polish teams, Dinamo, but that's it!

This still doesn't mean italians team will reach nothing in this competition; these matches are actually countless, 3 teams of 4 are qualifying to the next round...

Surely Novara has some great problems, really no one was expecting this situation, with no player that is managing to play at her best. Bergamo has different problems, without Lo Bianco (I'd add with Guijska), plus without Piccinini, Ortolani not in her best shape. Same goes with Pesaro, that is still playing quite well, considering all the problems Guiggi, Usic, Skowronska and now Costagrande have (some had).

However one more point I think is really important to consider, is that never as this year our championship (Italian League) is extremely well-balanced, with many many good teams and no team that you can beat without trying to do your best. It is not this way in Turkey (a part from Eczacibacsi, Fenerbache and Vafikbank, there are just a few more good teams), not this way in Russia, not this way in France (Cannes is a great team, but plays a serious match once in a while and it is easier to prepare it).

Don't you think so?

I still think that this year it will be difficult (as always) to win the IECL for our team, but not that more difficult than usually.

• @ Pedro

Thank you for your comments.

What's your explanation (or in Italian press / Italian volleyball-community) for the disastrous performances of Novara?

• Countries performance in 09/10 CEV CL:

Poland, Russia - 3 wins/6 losses. Considering how much Dynamo and Zarechie spend to acquire International stars, what a waste of money. Some of Polish teams are very good, some not.
    France 3/3 - Heroic performance by Cannes.
    Italy 6/3 - could be better.
    Turkey 6/0. Behind of all the great games from Fener, do not forget about VakifGunes Telecom, another team from Turkey, who also has 100%.

Overall a very good season for Turkey, under par performance by Italy, and very frustrating for Russia. Poland and France have ups and downs.

• Turkey 6/0. Behind of all the great games from Fener, do not forget about VakifGunes Telecom, another team from Turkey, who also has 100%.

These results is not a coincidence.The Turkish league every year becomes stronger. There playing the best Turkish players plus more and more foreign stars.

• you are right, our league is not well balanced(in addition to fenerbahce,vakifbank and eczacibasi, Galatasaray may be considered as a competetive team) but i have different opinion with you about this situation. having a not contentious league is not and advantage in contrary it is drawback for strong teams. for example fenerbahce can rarelt play hard game in our league, most of league matches fenerbahce can beat their opponents with even their subs :whistle: due to this easy matches in turkey, strong teams such as fenerbahce and vakifbank can not improve themselves and can't show their besst performance ;)

• you are right, our league is not well balanced(in addition to fenerbahce,vakifbank and eczacibasi, Galatasaray may be considered as a competetive team) but i have different opinion with you about this situation. having a not contentious league is not and advantage in contrary it is drawback for strong teams. for example fenerbahce can rarelt play hard game in our league, most of league matches fenerbahce can beat their opponents with even their subs :whistle: due to this easy matches in turkey, strong teams such as fenerbahce and vakifbank can not improve themselves and can't show their besst performance ;)

... and when they play against a strong team in IECL, they may face lots of difficulities...

you are so right about that.. This is my only fair, all though i trust our teams this year

• cannes and Bank BPS Fakro Muszynianka Muszyna will participate of top volley ..it wil be an opportunity to see if this team of cannes is really strong...

• I watched Fakro-Novara games and I dont believe that ıt is Novara. :down: :white: .They were awful..Kozuch getting many times to block..I think she is really good opposite but she isnt OH.. She cant receiving :S I want to see her one of Turkish team :D And Novara has a reallly good players but they don't have a TEAM..They must play more better..

• yea, unfortunately I think so too

Why? Do we always have to think "Polish"? We won, but probably our opponent didn't want to win or had bad day - common statement in Poland. Come on :roll: Of course, Asystel may win this second match , but don't assume it before the fact...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Post a video and have a shot at a trip to attend Final Fours
    In association with the European Volleyball Confederation, Italian-based company Indesit – which has been linked to the Champions League as its title sponsor since 8 years – has decided to launch a special contest named “100% Volley fun” addressed to all Volleyball fans with trips to the venues of the Final Fours being at stake.
    All Volleyball enthusiasts will have the chance to join the contest as they film and upload their own funny videos to an ad-hoc website, http://www.indesitvolley.com
    This Internet resource features some samples to refer to, but the most relevant pre-condition to join the contest is being creative and innovative enough to work out some funny videos that display Volleyball actions in your everyday life!
    To register, you simply have to surf to the above mentioned URL, read through the terms and conditions, fill out the form and then eventually start uploading your own clip.
    The “100% Volley fun” contest is an innovative marketing action, whose promotion will benefit of the main social networks available on the net, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Moreover, additional cards recalling the contest will be distributed at the venues of the Champions League starting from next January as well as in the many points of sale Indesit has been spreading across Europe.
    There will be a draw per country to award a trip to the venues of the CICL Final Fours (still to be determined, as they will be announced in January, at the end of the League Round), with a special package that includes travel expenses, accommodation and attendance to the matches. There is even more at stake since a second and third video – always per participating country – will be rewarded with an Indesit Prime Appliance each.
    To be retained for the contest, videos will have to be loaded up to next March 11, 2010, i.e. up to the end of the Playoffs 6.
    So we expect tons of fans to join the contest and good luck!!!
    CEV