Jeroen Paul Trommel

• Does anyone has an opinion aboutn this guy ? I remember him from the dur=tch NT but by 1-2 games i can`t have a clear opinion about him. I think this season he played in turkey

• For the season 2007-2008 he was the 3rd outside hitter of the french championship according to l'Equipe. (Oli Kunnari and Jiri Novak were first and second)
    And he ranked 14th (and 5th outside hitter) of a fan vote on an internet forum. (Novak, Baranak, Shafranovich and Kunnari got more vote than him, And Kilama got exactly the same number)

When in Cannes along with Kunnari, they were performing really well. Both are rather balanced* outside hitter, and I think that Trommel fit well with that kind of player.

*balanced between spiking and receiving skills.

• Plus, he 's got a phantastic serve. I haven't watched him this season at all though.

• Thanks both ....

>For the season 2007-2008 he was the 3rd outside hitter of the french championship according to l'Equipe

That`s the most promising thing. In my mind the french league is the best if you are looking for quality balanced out. hitters

I hope we`ll sign him

• He performed pretty well in İstanbul Büyük Şehir Belediyesi. He has a good reception and strong serve but he renewd his contract with his team. You can watch him next season in IECL

• Yeah, he's been a starter on our national team for the last few seasons. He has a very tough jump serve. This is mainly because it has some side-spin in it and he's left handed, so it's something rather different for most receivers. Good reception and good attack. Of course he doesn't have massive height in his spikes, but he seems to know how to compensate for it. Like the others said, very well balanced player.

• Hey Loy_ball

I'll give you some good info about him:

these are links to 2 videos of his team from the Turkish league this year:

http://vimeo.com/2482828 (num 4 white)
    http://vimeo.com/2454078 (num 4 blue)

This is his CV from his agent:

Position: outside-reception
    Current Club: IBB Spor, Turkey
    Citizenship: NL
    European Uninon: yes
    Date of Birth: 01/08/1980
    Height: 194cm
    Weight: 89kg
    Dominant Hand: left
    National Team Player: yes
    Reach Spike: 340cm
    Reach Block: 320cm

Comments / Awards:
    Captain of National team Holland (200 games)
    Champion of European League with Holland in 2006
    1/4 final Champions League 2008 with Cannes
    Winner of the French Cup 2007
    Club History:
    2008-2009: IBB Spor (Turkey)
    2006-2008: AS Cannes (France)
    2005-2006: Tourcoing (France)
    2002-2005: Omniworld Almere
    1998-2002: Alcom/Capelle
    P.S.

according to the agent's site, it is not written that he signed in Turkey for next year.

I hope it's good for you

• I heard in an interview with the guy himself that he'll stay in Turkey.