World League 2009

• Everybody, please pot this matches on anything server on Internet, how megaupload, rapidshare, easyshare, or another

I can't download for torrents because my server..=/

Help me pleasee

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Women's World Championship 2010
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's World League 2011
    :super: :thumbsup:

• I second this. When I try to download the torrent, it says "You're not authorized to download. Sorry..." even though I'm logged in. What should I do? The FAQ doesn't address this.

This thread has over 12000 views but the torrents each have fewer than 20 completed transfers. I think it isn't very popular to do it that way. I think megaupload used to show the number of downloads per file and for matches it was often in the 100s.

Finally, the FAQ on the torrent site says there are penalties for being under a ratio of 2.0. Problem is, it is mathematically impossible for everyone to be above a ratio of 1.0 so anyone joining the site has a really hard time getting the files.

• I second this. When I try to download the torrent, it says "You're not authorized to download. Sorry..." even though I'm logged in. What should I do? The FAQ doesn't address this.

Have you checked the email that you used to sign up with? When you first registered it says the following:

"An email as been sent to the indicated email address. Click on the included link to confirm your account."

You need to click the link in that email to 'validate' your account and be allowed to download the torrents. If you can't find the email check your spam box.

This thread has over 12000 views but the torrents each have fewer than 20 completed transfers. I think it isn't very popular to do it that way. I think megaupload used to show the number of downloads per file and for matches it was often in the 100s.

The main complaint about torrents seems to be when they are blocked by ISPs, work etc, but there's ways around that if you do some searching on google. And number of completed downloads is often misleading; the total number goes down for some reason sometimes when the tracker updates. If you want to download from megaupload etc. the best place is still probably http://www.sport-video.pl.

My issue with megaupload and sites like that is that I don't like to sit in front of the computer while I download a match that's split into 9 or 12 or 15 different parts, and maybe have to restart a download if I lose my connection or something. You don't have to worry about that with torrents, and you get speeds that are usually twice as fast.

Finally, the FAQ on the torrent site says there are penalties for being under a ratio of 2.0. Problem is, it is mathematically impossible for everyone to be above a ratio of 1.0 so anyone joining the site has a really hard time getting the files.

Don't worry about the ratios. There's no penalties and I don't actually track the ratios because we're usually ok with seeders.

• Have you checked the email that you used to sign up with? When you first registered it says the following:

"An email as been sent to the indicated email address. Click on the included link to confirm your account."

You need to click the link in that email to 'validate' your account and be allowed to download the torrents. If you can't find the email check your spam box.

Thanks for the reply. I did confirm my account (and I just did it again to make sure) but I still get the same permission error when I try to download a torrent file. I know my ISP doesn't block torrents because I have downloaded other things.

• mattyrey: never mind! I created a new account and it works now. I guess there is a mistake in my old account. Download speeds are good! Hopefully there will be something I can help seed since nothing is uploading right now!

Welcome aboard! :)

• When I try to save the torrent file it says "cannot read from source file" or something like that. Any tips?

• Dear Mattyrey,

At first thanks a lot for your enormous contribution to this thread!! :obey: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Is it possible to share the final (SER-BRA) on a portal like Rapidshare or Megaupload or other? I unfortunenately don't know how to cope with torrents and I think I am not the only one on this board..

Many many thanks in advance !!