Champions League 2009/2010

• Pool A : Dinamo Moscow (RUS), Olympiacos Piraeus (GRE), Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice (CZE), Trentino Volley (ITA)

Pool B : Zenit Kazań (RUS), Tours VB (FRA), Unicaja Almeria (ESP), CSKA Sofia (BUL)

Pool C : Lube Banca Macerata (ITA), Noliko Maaseik (BEL), Hypo Tirol Insbruck (AUT), Budvanska Rivijera Budva (MNE)

Pool D : Skra Bełchatów (POL), Knack Roeselare (BEL), CAI Teruel (ESP), Radnicki Kragujevac (SRB)

Pool E : Copra Piacenza (ITA), Panathinaikos Athens (GRE), VfB Friedrichshafen (GER), Jastrzębski Węgiel (POL)

Pool F : Resovia Rzeszów (POL), Paris Volley (FRA), B.Sehir Belediyesi Istanbul (TUR), ACH Volley Bled (SLO)

• I simply cannot understand the decisions by CEV sometimes ?( What was the point of placing the current champions in the last pot with the teams from lower-ranked countries?!?!? In that case it was almost obvious that the champion will be drawn in a very tough group! I mean, I don't care about Trento that much, but it is far from logical to put the champion in the pot with the "wild-card-takers"! I have never seen something like this, I believe they could have sent them in the leading pot and then make a separate draw, if they want to, for the other Italian teams.. The draws for this tournament have always been somehow misterious, I would have never approved a way of potting teams like this if I were responsible for this :) Of course, it is based on the fact that there is no club ranking in volleyball at all, but there exist loads of better solutions for the draw..

Otherwise, two, however, different groups of death. One (Pool A) where one excellent team will have to leave very soon - Dinamo, Olympiacos, or Trento, and another one (Pool E) where basically all the teams have almost equal chances of reaching the next phase! It's interesting that again PAO and Friedrichshafen invloved together in groups of death as was the case last season!

The other groups are more or less OK! I think the newcomers Asseco Resovia were lucky tonight, they can't complain about their opponents :) Teruel and Budvanska Rivijera also have good chances to qualify! I also hope that this year CSKA will show some potential and win at least one game for the prestige of Bulgarian volleyball :super: Unicaja is a team we, if we play normally, can overcome in Sofia. It's also true that the team won't be the same, but I hope for a better Bulgarian performance this year than the last one!

• Quite good draw for Skra and Resovia. Jastrzębie may have much more problems, but with their new squad they can make the nest round. We will see. I'm waitnig for an interesting competition.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• i wonder why we are always drawn in a hard pool...:-)
    no problem, it will be very interesting facing Panathinaikos, Friedrichshafen and Wegiel, no boring matches since the beginning!

other interesting pool is certainly Pool A, the others are not so balanced...

i've heard that London can be the place for the final four....it would be great! hope to reach it, we need to take a revenge of Lodz 2008...
    it still hurts...

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Anyone knows if London is confirmed as hosted city for the Final Four?
    or Cev has meanwhile choosen another place?

• Anyone knows if London is confirmed as hosted city for the Final Four?
    or Cev has meanwhile choosen another place?

i've heard some rumors that F4 will maybe be held in Lodz again but i dunno if that's true

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• FF in Łódź again?I'm Polish and against this idea.It's not good if every big tournament is set in only one country.

I want to see FF in Germany, Spain or in France.

BTW. Which arenas and cities are your favourites to host FF 2010?For me Stuttgart (Porsche Arena, capacity 6,100, host team: Friedrichshafen), Mannheim (SAP Arena, capacity: 13,000, host team: Friedrichshafen), Paris (Omnisport Bercy capacity, 14,000, host team: Tours Volley or Paris Volley), Barcelona (Palau Blaugrana, capacity: 7,500, host teams: Unicaja Almeria or CAI Teruel) or Badalona ( Palau de Badalona, capacity: 12,500, host teams: Unicaja Almeria or CAI Teruel).

• Which arenas and cities are your favourites to host FF 2010?

i would love Wien, Amsterdam or Barcelona, don't like the previous editions of champions league when the hosted team of final four was authomatically qualified for the semifinals without playing eightfinals and quarterfinals.
    it was much better last year, a neutral city and the four team of the final four had to gain their right to play in Prague on the field.

• So you don't know yet?

We will have AGAIN a host team in the Final Four :(

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…_2009_08_18_with_logo.pdf

PAGE NR 24

Why they did it again?

i would love Wien, Amsterdam or Barcelona, don't like the previous
    editions of champions league when the hosted team of final four was
    authomatically qualified for the semifinals without playing eightfinals
    and quarterfinals.

it was much better last year, a neutral city and the four team of the
    final four had to gain their right to play in Prague on the field.

Does Amsterdam have a big enough hall?

• We will have AGAIN a host team in the Final Four :(

oh nooooooo!! :cursing: c'mooon holy Jesus Cev is getting worser and worser year after year!

Does Amsterdam have a big enough hall?

there's one in Rotterdam actualy, 10.500 seats, but i couldn't find the arena in Amsterdam

• Why do you think in this season host team for sure will play in FF?
    On page nr 24 we can find both option, with host team in FF and without.

Sorry I didn't read it carefully :) but I still think that they're going to organize FF with a host team.I've heard that they are talking about it with Skra's chairman.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

From page 26

ALTERNATIVE COMPETITION METHOD IF THE FINAL FOUR
    ORGANIZER WITHOUT TEAM PARTICIPATING OR QUALIFIED FOR
    THE FINAL FOUR.

The organizer is determined at the latest at the Drawing of Lots for the
    League Round (June);

We still don't know where will be held FF so probably we will have the old competition formula

• First matches of CL are coming (:

Pool A
    02.12.2009 19:30 Olympiacos PIRAEUS - TRENTINO BetClic
    01.12.2009 18:00 Jihostroj CESKE BUDEJOVICE - Dinamo MOSCOW

Pool B
    02.12.2009 19:00 Zenit KAZAN - CSKA SOFIA
    02.12.2009 20:00 TOURS VB - Unicaja ALMERIA

Pool C
    02.12.2009 20:30 Noliko MAASEIK - Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA
    02.12.2009 20:30 Lube Banca Marche MACERATA - Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK

Pool D
    02.12.2009 20:30 CAI TERUEL - PGE Skra BELCHATOW
    02.12.2009 18:00 Radnicki KRAGUJEVAC - Knack Randstad ROESELARE

Pool E
    02.12.2009 20:00 VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - CopraNordMeccanica PIACENZA
    02.12.2009 18:30 JASTRZEBSKI Wegiel S.A. - Panathinaikos ATHENS

Pool F
    02.12.2009 17:00 ISTANBUL B.Sehir Belediyesi - PARIS Volley
    02.12.2009 20:30 Asseco Resovia RZESZOW - ACH Volley BLED

• LAOLA1.tv to air all matches of the 2009/2010 CEV Indesit Champions League
    Vienna, Austria, November 27, 2009. LAOLA1.tv – the international online sports TV – will broadcast the entire season of the 2009/2010 CEV Indesit Champions League. Starting from next Tuesday, December 1, 2009, Volleyball fans from all over the world can enjoy Europe’s best club teams at http://www.laola1.tv
    LAOLA1.tv shows all live matches of European top teams such as Italian Lube Banca Marche MACERATA, Dinamo MOSCOW of Russia, PGE Skra BELCHATOW and Bank BPS Fakro MUSZYNIANKA from Poland. All games are also available as free on-demand clips in full length and at the best streaming quality.
    The competitions are off to an exciting start with a bunch of very exciting matches. Greece’s Olympiacos PIRAEUS will face titleholder TRENTINO BetClic of Italy, while the women’s tournament starts with a very much anticipated match featuring Zarechie ODINTSOVO of Russia and Italy’s Asystel NOVARA.
    Moreover, all users of http://www.laola1.tv have access to current scores, standings, and many editorial reports or interviews with players and coaches.
    No registration or log-in is needed to enjoy the live streams, on-demand videos, and many other top events from the world of sports.

• First matches of CL are coming (:

VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN - CopraNordMeccanica PIACENZA

even if we're not in a good period and with some players injured, it's time for our first travel of this champions league.
    more or less 50 supporters, i will go there by car :lol: so hope to find a sunny weather without snow!! otherwise... :aww:

• Very interesting position for Winiarski, but he has world class reception so I expect the be good libero :lol: