World Grand Champion's Cup 2009

• Grande Italia! :cup:
    This last match against Japan was amazing. Very long actions, great defense. Italy played very good during all tournament, even without Aguero. For me, Ortolani doesn't deserve to be first OH. But we should praise Bosetti. In spite the change of the position and lack of the experience, she played very well, much better than Ortolani. However obviously the best was Piccinini and Gioli. Sometimes they hit like a men! :)

• congratulazioni ragazze, sono fiero di essere un vostro fan....giocate meravigliosamente e ovviamente meritate di essere le campionesse !!! :cheesy:
    - p.s. mi è mancata Martina Guiggi in campo, spero di vederla alla prossima partita =/

Ortolani still needs to improve a lot if she wants to deserve to be the main OPP, on the other hands, Bosetti played amazingly well today.

• For me this was definetly the best game of the season so far!!!!!Woooooowwwww!!!!!My heart stopped some moments..hehehehe :super:

Great defense from Italy..and well..Japan as always of course, but Italy was great!!!!Italy definelty deserved the championship!!!!!!They grow in the right moment!!!!!Picci was great today :love: ...had patience, and turn the balls that needed to....Del Core was amazing in defense!!!And Gioli...well..definetly deserved the mvp!!! And I know Takeshita is an amazing setter, but sometimes they should give the awards for others!!!I mean...Lo Bianco played one of the best tournaments for Italy and Italy were champions..so..I think would be more fair the award for her...ubt..ok....Italy won..and I"m extremily happy for that already!!!Congratulations for them!!!!!! :drink:

:woohoo: :cup:

• YAY! :dance6: :dance6:
    We won...
    These girls will make me die someday! They are AMAZING. I'm so, so happy. :cup:
    Of course nobody talked about this in the Italian media, I had to surf the web to find out, but still. :thumbsup:
    I'm so sad I couldn't see the match. From your comments, it must have been great. ;(
    Well, anyway.
    GRAZIE RAGAZZE!!

• I'm so sad I couldn't see the match. From your comments, it must have been great. ;(

yeah it was absolutly amazing. i share the same opinion as Joannamss that it was the best match of the season )

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• yeah it was absolutly amazing. i share the same opinion as Joannamss that it was the best match of the season )

So good, huh? ;(
    Well, I hope someone will upload it on Youtube in the next few days. I'd really like to see it! :)

• So good, huh? ;(
    Well, I hope someone will upload it on Youtube in the next few days. I'd really like to see it! :)

I record the match..I'll upload in megaupload and put the links here..anyway..I'm sure you wont have problems finding this game in youtube too!!:)

• @ Joana

I join Matthias in saying thank you in advance for uploading the match Italy - Japan :obey: :flower:. Since it is in your opinion the best match of the season so far, it sounds very promising! A little off-topic: Did you see the match TVCA - Pollux yesterday on volleybal.tv ? I did and I was very surprised. A 0-3 loss for TVCA was the last thing I expected before.

• Congratulations to Italian girls!! They were really great! :super: :dance6:

• I record the match..I'll upload in megaupload and put the links here..anyway..I'm sure you wont have problems finding this game in youtube too!!:)

Thank you joanamss! :obey:
    You're giving us a great present :)

• The last few minutes of each set are on Youtube, search for user hectorjapan08.
    The match point for Italy was really an amazing rallye :obey:
    So unusual to see Barbolini as furious as in the end of 1st set when the line judge wanted to help Japan :D

• My pleasure...^^
    I'm passig to my pc already...maybe tomorrow I able to upload here...(sorry my pc is not very fast...hehe) But I'm uploading this in front of the others...cause I know everyone is expecting a lot...hehehe...the game and the awarding cerimony!!^^

• @ Joana

I join Matthias in saying thank you in advance for uploading the match Italy - Japan :obey: :flower:. Since it is in your opinion the best match of the season so far, it sounds very promising! A little off-topic: Did you see the match TVCA - Pollux yesterday on volleybal.tv ? I did and I was very surprised. A 0-3 loss for TVCA was the last thing I expected before.

:drink:

Noooo...I could not see the game.... ;( ...I tried..but the link in volleybal.tv didnt open here in my home unfortunelty...MArieke told me about the game, not very good, but was what we talked about..sometimes a defeat can come for good..so lets hope this was the case..hehe
    Richard is sending me the link for the games, I'll try to download and see here at home later!!:)

• @ Joana

I checked a minute ago and the match is available, so maybe it depends on your internet-settings? Did you try to watch a match on volleybal.tv for the first time?

• My opinions about this tournament:

1) Italy definitely deserved to win this competition. I thought they would have lots of problems because of Aguero's abscence but their excellent performance proved me wrong. Their defense was just amazing and even with rather short outside hitters, they were able to cope with high-ball attacking. I would like to congratulate the Italian team and also thank them for presenting us with great volleyball. What makes me especially glad is the fact that Italy is not a tall team at all and they were able to prove that being skilled still takes precedence over being tall.

2) As for Brazil's team, they disappointed me a little bit. I expected more from them against Italy. They did ok in the other matches of the competitions, but they were demolished by Italy's first-class game. And, in my opinion, the match against Italy was the most important match of the year for Brazil, cause we have already played against the other teams in other tournaments this year.

3) The Dominican Republic was a big surprise for me. I got very happy with their bronze medal. Their victory in the Norceca championship was already a surprise and their bronze medal in Japan should definitely be praised.

• @ Joana

I checked a minute ago and the match is available, so maybe it depends on your internet-settings? Did you try to watch a match on volleybal.tv for the first time?

Was first time...I think I need to download some program or somehting like that...but dont know how that works...cause when I tried first time, said could damage my pc..so I was scared..and didnt..hehehe

• Was first time...I think I need to download some program or somehting like that...but dont know how that works...cause when I tried first time, said could damage my pc..so I was scared..and didnt..hehehe

Hi Joana,

that was the problem,you need to download the program, Silverlight. Then you can watch this match and all the other matches in the future.
    I thought you had used volleybal.tv earlier.
    Please try it again,then you know if it works or not.

Bye!!!