World Championships 2010

• I don't think Thiago Alves is that good player overall. Certainly not from the class of Dante, Murilo or earlier Giba. He gets blocked a lot in attack, although he has excellent serve.

• Though I disagree with you guys about Thiago's skills in attack, I can respect it. That's not actually what bothered me most. What really shocked me was the fact that the other guys, who were never (or pretty much never) part of the group, suddenly made the WC instead of Thiago, who's been there since the beginning.

Double standard, anyone? Why isn't Ricardo there? Why isn't André Nascimento there? They're a lot better than the other guys who are there and that play in their same positions. Is that maybe 'cause they haven't been in the group in the last couple of years? Well, big news for us: so haven't the João Paulos.

• Resende can do whatever he wants until he victors, that's the truth

• Alright, I don't know why, but I have bad feelings about our team. Last matches by Polish team didn't fill with optimism :|
    No serve, poor reception, terrible inconsistency. No Pliński and Świderski- our great motivators.
    I hope I'll be wrong, but it will be extremly hard to make good result.

• Resende can do whatever he wants until he victors, that's the truth

I'd be a lunatic to question his results. It just doesn't get better than this. I applaud him for being such a hard-working and intelligent coach. I just feel some of the players didn't get fair treatment, that's all. The worst case isn't even Thiago Alves and Éder, of course. And the worst results we ever got ( in 08 ) was, IMO, not due to technical reasons, but because the group fell apart.

• I don't justify him I just say that no one will stop his actions, until he has these results. The winners always have a lot of freedom to do stupid things

• He should've chosen João Paulo Bravo from the start as far as I'm concerned. Very strong and experienced player. Also pretty happy for the guy. I remember he always wanted to join the NT when he was playing at Maaseik, but never did and that made him :( ;( probably.

• Canadian roster for the men’s world volleyball championships September 25-October 10 in Italy

Dallas Soonias, Red Deer, Alta.;
    Adam Simac, Ottawa;
    Louis-Pierre Mainville, Notre-Dame de l’Isle, Que.;
    Dan Lewis, Oakville, Ont.;
    Nicolas Cundy, Edmonton;
    Toon Van Lankvelt, Rivers, Man.;
    Frederic Winters, Victoria;
    Gavin Schmitt, Saskatoon;
    Adam Kaminski, Chatham, Ont.;
    Dustin Schneider, Brandon, Man.;
    Josh Howatson, Victoria;
    Olivier Faucher of Plessisville, Que.;
    Gord Perrin, Creston, B.C.;
    Justin Duff, Winnipeg

• Iran roster

Adel Gholami (MB)
    Mojtaba Attar (L)
    Saeid Marouf (S)
    Mohammad Mousavi (MB)
    Hamzeh Zarini (OH)
    Alireza Nadi (MB)
    Mohsen Andalib (OP)
    Farhad Nazari Afshar (OH)
    Mehdi Mahdavi (S)
    Arash Keshavarzi (OH)
    Hesam Bakhsheshi (MB)
    Abdolreza Alizadeh (L)
    Mohammad MohammadKazem (OP)
    Arash Kamalvand (OH)

• According to the last information, the injury of Ryan Millar turns out to be serious, so he is expected to miss the WCH... I wonder who will play in the middle along with David Lee... Holmes and Holt are good MB-s, but I don't think they are experienced enough...

• According to the last information, the injury of Ryan Millar turns out to be serious, so he is expected to miss the WCH... I wonder who will play in the middle along with David Lee... Holmes and Holt are good MB-s, but I don't think they are experienced enough...

And where is Andrew Hein?? Is he injured?? He played WL but he is not in the list for WCH.

is there any link regarding Millar's injury?

• guys i just wanna ask if the matches for the wc...will be telecast live in FIVB tv?....i realy wanna watch it even if via fivb tv ?(

• French roster for World Champiosnhip:

Setters : Pierre Pujol (Treviso - 139) - Benjamin Toniutti (Sète - 14)
    Liberos : Jean-François Exiga (Monza - 76) - Hubert Henno (Cuneo - 225)
    Middle Blockers : Gérald Hardy-Dessources (Cannes - 50) - Kevin Leroux (Cannes - 0) - Oliver Kieffer (Poitiers - 191)
    Outside hitters : Nicolas Maréchal (Poitiers - 42) - Earvin Ngapeth (Tours - 12) - Guillaume Samica (Odintsovo - 157) - Stéphane Antiga (Belchatow - 295) -
    Edouard Rowlandson (Sète - 40)
    Opposites : Antonin Rouzier (Poitiers - 78 ) - Romain Vadeleux (Macerata - 81)

Interesting facts about the team:
    - France will play with only one real opposite: Antonin Rouzier. Romain Vadeleux is going to be Rouzier's backup even if he just played a few games as an opposite. (Nicolas Maréchal can also play as an opposite if needed).
    - Yannick Bazin (the setter who lead the team to the silver at European Championship last season), is not part of the team. (he had a deceiving season with Paris, and was out of shape during the WL)
    - Benjamin Toniutti (20), Earvin Ngapeth (19) and Kevin Le Roux (21), are former members of the team that won the 2007 Youth European Championship and the 2008 Junior European Championship. Toniutti and Ngapeth made their international debut during WL, but Le Roux played his first international game last friday against Argentina.

I think this team is overall well balanced, with a lot of possibilities on the outside-hitters post (Blain can adapt his team depending on the power he needs or the reception quality he desire). It's been a long time ago since I agreed so much with Blain's choices !

• Armel, do you have any information about Samica's condition? The press in Bulgaria mentioned that an injury occurred after Tournoi de France, he is rumoured to miss the first games of France in the WCH, but could be only rumours... Is it actually true?

• As far as I know there's been nothing about Samica's condition in the press.

Then I guess the bulgarian press is looking more closely at VB news than the french one.

• any links to watch the wc for men?... ?(

• As far as I know there's been nothing about Samica's condition in the press.

Then I guess the bulgarian press is looking more closely at VB news than the french one.

I doubt it.. if there's nothing in the French press, then I guess it's just rumours spread around by ours! I really don't like injuries happening before major competitions, no matter whether it's an opponent or not! Samica is a great player, so I hope there's nothing wrong with him and he will play! Unfortuntaley, it's not the case with Stefan Huebner, FIVB announced that he got a knee injury after the last friendly against Brazil, maybe he will miss the WCH...

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=26123&Language=en

• You have to see this

French team have been between 45-46th floor in lift when it stopped.