World Championships 2010

• It is sad that in Women's WCH is not the same system. Imagine situation. Brazil in 2nd round if lost last match will play in easy group. And last Opponent is.. Kenya ;-) How to play with Kenya to lost match. I think this will be not problem. They only should watch set from 2006 WCH where Poland lost to Kenya. ;-)

• I haven't entered this discussion but I have a few things to say:

1) It was not only Brazil who lost matches on purpose. Let's remember the matches between Russia and Spain or the match between USA and the Czech Republic. I believe that the Italian Federation is the one to blame. In their desperate effort to make Italy advance as far as they can in the WCH, they have invented such competition formula.

Are you people normal???

Like 5th guy here saying USA let the game to Czech, and Czech are space ship comparing to poor USA atm... i cant believe LOL :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :obey: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :aww:

USA is by far worst team in top12 and will play 9-12 placement matches and it is good achievement for their quality atm. It is a joke what you are saying, not all but i see this game keep rolling through the posts, and it has happened at 1st day when all teams play 100%, in every round, just it is one more proof that game was played seriously from both sides but seems like here some guys dont understand volley and which game is normal which is not, poisoned mind see problem in everygame. :obey: :obey: :obey: just had to comment this nonsense once again

• Brazil afraid from USA what a hell? :what: Maybe Brazil will play with an easier opponent but they lost their respect i think.I had a big sympathy to Brazilian Male team untill yesterday.No setter in game,Visotto is playing like beginner no powerful spikes,Mario like a rookie libero???but thats not players fault probably someone gave command to players.

Anyway go Cuba&Bulgaria :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Czech Republic is much better than USA in this competition, the win was deserved

• Czech Republic is much better than USA in this competition, the win was deserved

Of course Bulgaria deserved win but they did nothing in game coz brazil let them win brazil was able to beat 2nd Bulgarian team main players were sitting.I agree that Czech Republic is playing a better tournament than USA but USA team has a big experience they played a lots of finals in big tournaments so they will play diffrent than previous games but for Czech Republic it will be harder.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Of course Bulgaria deserved win but they did nothing in game coz brazil let them win brazil was able to beat 2nd Bulgarian team main players were sitting.I agree that Czech Republic is playing a better tournament than USA but USA team has a big experience they played a lots of finals in big tournaments so they will play diffrent than previous games but for Czech Republic it will be harder.

this isnt theme at all, problem is that some sick people saying usa let czech win, that is disgusting fact for anyone to say...what will happen next isnt topic of this problem, just annoying is to read something idiotic as that statement here, on this great forum :read: :down:

• Of course Bulgaria deserved win but they did nothing in game coz brazil let them win brazil was able to beat 2nd Bulgarian team main players were sitting.I agree that Czech Republic is playing a better tournament than USA but USA team has a big experience they played a lots of finals in big tournaments so they will play diffrent than previous games but for Czech Republic it will be harder.

I meant that Czech Republic deserved the win over USA, because they played great games here, thank you for your support :flower:

• Are you people normal???

Like 5th guy here saying USA let the game to Czech, and Czech are space ship comparing to poor USA atm... i cant believe LOL :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :obey: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :aww:

USA is by far worst team in top12 and will play 9-12 placement matches and it is good achievement for their quality atm. It is a joke what you are saying, not all but i see this game keep rolling through the posts, and it has happened at 1st day when all teams play 100%, in every round, just it is one more proof that game was played seriously from both sides but seems like here some guys dont understand volley and which game is normal which is not, poisoned mind see problem in everygame. :obey: :obey: :obey: just had to comment this nonsense once again

this isnt theme at all, problem is that some sick people saying usa let czech win, that is disgusting fact for anyone to say...what will happen next isnt topic of this problem, just annoying is to read something idiotic as that statement here, on this great forum :read: :down:

Raul,

I might have said something you disagree and you have the right to express your point of view. But the aggressions are completely unnecessary.
    It is a pity that you refer to people which see things from a different point of view than yours as sick or idiotic or any words of the rich vocabulary you have for offending the other users of this forum.

I think it is abnormal to agress people the way you are doing, cause this is just a volleyball forum, and even if USA didn't lose on purpose, I would accept any argument trying to convince me this match was different from the other matches I have mentioned. Maybe you would convince me with your arguments and then there would be no room for the aggressions.

You may be upset with all this circus. I am not saying you do not have the right to get pissed off. But, please, the mere fact that I am saying that Brazil's team is not the one to blame and their biggest fault was repeating what other teams have done in the same competition in order to advance as far as they can in the WCH does not give you the right of acting the way you did.

You should respect the other users of this forum. Especially when the subjects discussed are polemic and controversial. I may be wrong about this match between USA and Czech Republic. If you think that is the case you should express why you think the situation is different, not quoting my post and shooting your machine gun of agressions towards me.

Maybe this rage should be directed to FIVB, that would be a lot more useful. Agressing me will not change the competition formula or make Brazil's team change its mind about fighting for every point as the last one in a match that would benefit the loser.

Finally, the point I was trying to make in the previous post was: what Brazil's team did was wrong, but I completely understand their reasons. Maybe the injuries of Bruno and Murilo are not as serious as they have been telling, but Marlon's problem was really serious. I am not trying to justify anything, but the competition formula allowed teams to make a choice and they opted for the less ethic one.

• Now here also became a hunt of witches and Brasil is the worse country in the world. :down:

Brasil didnt loose to choose adversaries or to fit in an easier group.

Brasil lost in protest to FIVB and cause they got angry when they arrived in the gymm. the decision they had made were to play for victory. That changed when the arrived inside court and saw the Bulgaria team. It was wrong to change their decision due to a different team, it was. And no matter what Bulgaria fans say, if they went or not in the game to loose, if it was intentional or no, dont matter...the fact is - that anoyed Brasil team and made them change the decision, and played ridiculously like that. That is the fact. They discount in one game all the angry with FIVB trying to stop their way this WCH, well not only this WCH, but many years ago. Cause let be honest, like many of you here, FIVB also dont like to see Brasil winning everything, that is not good for sponsors and so on. Unfortunelty we live in that world. That makes what Brasil did right? Justifies? NO. Brasil didnt do anything different from other teams, but with Brasil seems worse, my opinion it is cause no one expected, and didnt expected for a reason, so must be cause in other times they made right decisions and won the respect of all, so also dont try to punish them as the worse people in the world. Of course as a fan of this team I dont expect Brasil to be equal to the others but better....also cause all these years the main thing they showed us is that being just champions is useless if dont have a good work and ethic behind, with good people involved. And for that again, I think everyone has the right to be disapoited to them too.

Saying that, ok, they made a mistake, but it is not also they are the worse people in the world like many of you are sounding already. You judge like you had never done anything wrong in your life, and had never disapoited someone. Specially when you made a decision in an angry moment. So lets stop being hipocrits too.

I know they were wrong, and I'm disapoited, but I'm still proud of them. For what they did and shown all these years, I know they are better persons from what they showed yesterday. And I know they are good people.

• guys, you all overact the situation of this match. Soon or later, teams will fight.

i just moan if brazil, russia or usa win this tournament and some of you guys will say 'they dont deserve!!! :down: ' 'bulgaria/cuba/polonia deserve this :obey: '.

in sports these things happens, its sad, but it is. an situation that i really dont like is when Team A loses against Team B to harm(disqualify, or etc) Team C.

anyway, lets the fight begin! :box:

• Brasil lost in protest to FIVB and cause they got angry when they arrived in the gymm. the decision they had made were to play for victory. That changed when the arrived inside court and saw the Bulgaria team.

So I guess that from now on every coach should bring his list of players to Bernardinho for aprroval ha? Hope the Czech coach doesn't forget to do it, cuz I don't wanna see such a parody like yesterday :D
    This is not even funny anymore. They could have just admitted their mistake, instead they keep digging up some lame excuses :thumbdown:

• The thing is: protesting or not, having problems of injuries or not, trying to face easier opponents or not, it doesn't matter. Brazil had at least three excuses for doing what they did. And the thing is, none of these excuses justifies Brazil's attitude. I only think that there is no reason for crucifying Brazil's team, cause other teams resorted to the same strategy in this WCH. The root cause for such a circus is the competition formula.

There were two choices for the main teams in this WCH:

a) forget about the competition formula and face the consequences and then complain that FIVB was trying to benefit Italy and let Brazil, Russia and Cuba face each other preliminarily and then cry that the world is not fair and bla bla bla.

b) resort on court to the same strategy FIPAV used to define the competition formula in order to to avoid the early matches against the best teams and be called unethic and bla bla bla.

Instead of complaining, Brazil's team decided to let other people complain about them. The whole discussion boils down to it. What is worse, changing the rules of the championship to avoid facing the best teams or losing on purpose not to let the earlier confrontation especially planned in the competition formula happen?

• Brasil lost in protest to FIVB and cause they got angry when they arrived in the gymm. the decision they had made were to play for victory. That changed when the arrived inside court and saw the Bulgaria team. It was wrong to change their decision due to a different team, it was. And no matter what Bulgaria fans say, if they went or not in the game to loose, if it was intentional or no, dont matter...the fact is - that anoyed Brasil team and made them change the decision, and played ridiculously like that. That is the fact.

Actually that's not true ;) because it was said by our side almsot IMMEDIATELY after our match with Poland that for the next match with Brazil Prandi will give a break to the main players, so believe me Rezende and Giba and all other Brazilian players very well knew how our team will look like in the match with them, so I don't know why they pretended to be sooo surprised . They are just trying to find an excuse. And personally I don't see the problem to play with our "second" team this match after we have qualified . That would be disgraceful only if it has something to do with the third team in the group, but considering that Poland was alreday out, there wasn't so big problem. And don't get me wrong I also think that our team prefferd to play the next phase with Geramny and Chechia and that is also a main reason to play with secondary players but obviously Brazil wanted it much more than us and they are much more scared from Cuba than us. Don't you think that if we REALLY wanted to lose that match at ANY COST (like Brazil) we could also do the same circus and make the match a TOTAL farce with pulling the ball in the net on purpose, but I garentee that our players who were on the field - Bratoev, Penchev, Sokolov, Mitev and co. didn't lose points on purpose, they played according thier abilities... but all this are just some details and doesnt matter at all...

The more important - I would like to share with you my grief that absolutely ALL teams (including BUL of course) and especially the better ones, preffered to take part in this FIVB's theatre and to adapt to its disgraceful formula instead to boicot it!!! Because, let's be honest, everyone knew from the very biginning what will happen following this formula and that there would be such matches as we saw yesterday and the day before. I'm asking while now(when is alreday too late) instead of complaining, teams like Russia, Brazil, Bulgaria, France, Poland, Serbia, Cuba and so on (but mainly these ones) didn't boicot the championship before it had started in the moment they knew about this formula!WHY? Because if they had done this there would have been a great manace for the WCH, and FIVB, willing or not, should have changed it because they coudn't afford such a scandal. But what happend ? All teams preffered to forgive about any MORAL and FAIRPLAY and just started to calculate, lie and be hypocritical. All the situation is so UGLY and all the teams are GUILTY for not having done ANYTHING to stop this circus on time (and sorry joanamss but I really can't understand Brazil's position for some protest, I just can't see it, because there is no sense in what they're saying, they're just hiding their own decision to take a benefit from the formula behind some senceless justifications. The only possible form for an effective protest is what I mentioned above in my post but unfortunately NONE of the teams did that)

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Brasil didnt loose to choose adversaries or to fit in an easier group.

If Brazil were play in next phase with Cuba and Russia (or other strong teams) ,in case of defeat, they would not lose in protest. Of course Brazil lost yesterday because they do not want to play with Cuba and prefer to play with Germany and Czech.

I agree that they are angry with FIVB but imo this was not the main reason.

• volley super fan - that is human psychology. No one thought that this situation could involve his team and not the others, all teams hoped that there will be no possibilities for cheating for their team because they didn't want to cheat - wishful thinking

• guys, you all overact the situation of this match. Soon or later, teams will fight.

i just moan if brazil, russia or usa win this tournament and some of you guys will say 'they dont deserve!!! :down: ' 'bulgaria/cuba/polonia deserve this :obey: '.

Exactly :( Unfortunately ;( ;( NT Poland are in country...by STUPID!!! system and fair...
    Maybe in 4 years to succeed :) WCH for 4 years in Poland :thumbsup:
    Congratulation for fair team and good luck!! :)

• Bernardinho words: We didnt play to choose adversary, even cause I dont think a group with Czeck Republic and Germany easier then a group with Cuba and Spain, I wont sleep today studing czeck Rep. And I'm felling really bad for the public, and I understand the public opinion, they have passion involved. But what I could do, I coundt risk Bruno that has 40ºC fever. Cause we dont have second setter. What is the difference between we putting Theo as setter and they putting their second setter? Theo is our second setter now. Of course if it was an important game Bruno would play, but maybe doing that wouldnt have conditions to play two days after. If Bruno get sick again, Theo will have to be our option, and I had to test him.

I really dont think that the result is the main thing here. Brasil playing like that is shameful, but that is nothing to do with the result. The reason they loose was not to find a better adversary, and have a easier life, that I'm sure of. I just think that what Brasil players and Bernardo can not see, it is that the problem it is not that they played with Theo, but the posture they had inside match. Of course the tournament it is a joke, and it is a joke cause teams loosing is better then winning, and the simblo of that end being Braisl's game, though many tohe teams took same atitude. And that is what lets me disapoited, Brasil didnt need that. They could win the tournament winning all games, and chooose that way to prove FIVB they were wrong, not the other way.

• Mitev is better than Theo as setter, Theo is not second setter, he is last hope setter :)

• Mitev is better than Theo as setter, Theo is not second setter, he is last hope setter :)

yeah of course, Bernardinho dont mean in the quality, but in the choise. He also choose to play with ur second setter, the problem is that our second setter right now it is not an original setter. that is what he meant.

Anyway, I dont think that is the point for brasilian case.

• LOL Celso, i didnt wrote a single word about Brazil and for the matter of fact dont blame them at all, afterall i wrote yesterday that Brazil and Russia played the best roles in this drama and deserved to play the finals, not being ironic at all ;) ;) ;)

Only thing i blame you is to write something so unfair to all volleyballers, especially to Czech telling that USA didnt play serious in that game. that is an insult, especially you being 4th or 5th in a row with same statement and i can only have understanding in knowing all of you 4-5 people didnt saw a sinlge point of that game cause then you wouldnt saying such abnormal facts. It is not about oppinion, it is about truth or lie ! Cause no one who watched that game cant say that, only one that have USA vs Czech written on the paper not knowing a single player from court....

Once to repeat, i dont adress to you cause you are from Brazil,there is no Brazil, just Czech and USA! just having this anger inside for telling lies for 3-4 people, but your sentence was too much in overall to not stand up against such things being written here ;)

p.s. i edited post, and bolded things cause apparently not only Celso got it wrong, do not please see Brasil where it is and where it is not :rose: