World League 2010

• I read that Lozano had a problem with Wlazly when he was the coach of Poland NT because Wlazly wanted some rest of NT, if i'm not wrong. Maybe that's why Tischer is not there in WL. The problem with Steuerwald is his height.

• I read that Lozano had a problem with Wlazly when he was the coach of Poland NT because Wlazly wanted some rest of NT, if i'm not wrong. Maybe that's why Tischer is not there in WL. The problem with Steuerwald is his height.

I won't be suprise if some of the key players won't get as much rest as they need ;) Raul is such a little executioner :D
    Germany vs Cuba 2-3

• I watched both games France - Italy and Germany - Cuba in parallel tonight. Really intense battles, great volleyball. In my opinion, this Cuban side has the potential to win the pool even though it won't be easy against the Poles. Three very close sets won by the Cubans, with many mistakes in the German team in the crucial moments. Two impressive players in the German squad - Grozer and Andrae. Andrae was very clever, deservedly captain of this team, underestimated by many, but among my personal favorites, Grozer spiked almost everything perfectly apart from 2-3 consecutive times when he was caught by the block in the tie-break after the 8th point. This series more or less determined the winner and even though Cuba was leading 14-10, the block was the factor that closed the game for 15-13 because Germany had some counterattacks to score!!! Germany really needs to work on the situations after the 20th point in the sets because they do have a great potential with physically very strong players, very tall MB-s as well, but they are easily beatable mentally, which is something extremely untypical for Germans in life! Cuba, on the other side, had Simon to help them win :D

Finally great France again :thumbup: Despite the squad problems, despite the new names, they showed the game we are used to expect from them! I also liked their attacker Nicolas Marechal - young, stable in reception and clever in attack! Watching him for the first time (even though I've known him for several years), I got the impression that along with Ngapeth they will form the future for France, and adding Samica to the list, France still has the glamour! I hope they show it to every other team in the WCH but Bulgaria :D Congrats for the great win, you deserved it :thumbsup:

• Why Simon Tisher is not there?? i think he is better than Steuerwald

Because Simon Tisher have some problems with his thumb. But it isn't something really bad so I hope he will come back soon.

• Finally great France again :thumbup: Despite the squad problems, despite the new names, they showed the game we are used to expect from them! I also liked their attacker Nicolas Marechal - young, stable in reception and clever in attack! Watching him for the first time (even though I've known him for several years), I got the impression that along with Ngapeth they will form the future for France, and adding Samica to the list, France still has the glamour! I hope they show it to every other team in the WCH but Bulgaria :D Congrats for the great win, you deserved it :thumbsup:

Marechal isn't as good as Rouzier but he is young so maybe some day he will :) don't you know why Rouzier doesn't play? Is something wrong with him?
    Ngapeth is getting better and he is already really good player for me.
    Samica has some problem with himself because he doesn't play as good as he really can. But I hope this is just a short moment of weakness.
    France have a lot amazing players but I still waiting for big come back of Antiga. He's the best :D

• Marechal isn't as good as Rouzier but he is young so maybe some day he will :) don't you know why Rouzier doesn't play? Is something wrong with him?
    Ngapeth is getting better and he is already really good player for me.
    Samica has some problem with himself because he doesn't play as good as he really can. But I hope this is just a short moment of weakness.
    France have a lot amazing players but I still waiting for big come back of Antiga. He's the best :D

Yes,I agree Ngapeth has a great talent after I watched the matches this year.He is young and has the good attack.Besides, I much prefer to see Pierre plays as the setter.

• Very impressed with Russians today. Very good and organised defence, I'm satisified also with 3-2 for France.

• Sivula Urpo literally bombarded U.S. today.

He made 31 points, including 2 blocks and one serve ace, with fairly high attack success rate of 57.14.

• Netherlands - Brazil 1-3 (20-25 25-23 24-26 16-25)

Deserved win for Brazil. Netherlands played good level in 3 sets but in fourth set we got slaughtered by Brazil. Marlon and Dante won the match for Brazil at the end. Giba in very bad shape. Klapwijk played great but in the end he got too much ball (predictable) and he got blocked several times. Again Netherlands made a huge amount of service-errors...Our serve is all or nothing; the last weeks unfortunately nothing....witlhout a good serve Netherlands can't win against teams like Brazil or Bulgaria. Blangé told so after the match.

P.S. What a luxury to have great players like Dante and Sidao (and today also Marlon) on the bench...no other team in the world has that luxury!!!

• Netherlands - Brazil 1-3 (20-25 25-23 24-26 16-25)

Deserved win for Brazil. Netherlands played good level in 3 sets but in fourth set we got slaughtered by Brazil. Marlon and Dante won the match for Brazil at the end. Giba in very bad shape. Klapwijk played great but in the end he got too much ball (predictable) and he got blocked several times. Again Netherlands made a huge amount of service-errors...Our serve is all or nothing; the last weeks unfortunately nothing....witlhout a good serve Netherlands can't win against teams like Brazil or Bulgaria. Blangé told so after the match.

P.S. What a luxury to have great players like Dante and Sidao (and today also Marlon) on the bench...no other team in the world has that luxury!!!

Indeed...I'm really glad we have a bench in same quality of the first team...hehehehe or the game today would have a different ending...

Dante is just incredible...he is in amazing shape, and indeed Giba played really bad...I think right now the best options is to have Dante and Murilo, both are in great fase.

Marlon did great too, (though that awfull mistake in check ball, hehehehehe) he made the team play faster....

I'm still not convinced in having Mario Junior as a libero, he has to much ups and downs...but I guess we will have to live with him...unfortunetly today we recieved the news that Serginho will have to operate....and maybe will be out even from World Championship. :(

But on the other hand, Holland always showing good volleyball against us, great work guys....I think maybe they just made to many mistakes in service, that didnt aloud the team to stay consistent during the match...

• Yes, Joana, the key for Netherlands against topteams is the service. Our Middle-blockers for example hit almost every service in the net or outside the court the last weeks..though they can both serve great! If they hit the ball in the right way it's a bomb. But since they don't the last weeks one of our main weapons is absent.

• I'm still not convinced in having Mario Junior as a libero, he has to much ups and downs...but I guess we will have to live with him...unfortunetly today we recieved the news that Serginho will have to operate....and maybe will be out even from World Championship. :(

Oh, really? What happened to him? I think Brazil can lost a lot of charm without great Sergio..

• Poland vs Argentina 3-1
    It wasn't easy match for Poles. At least not as easy as most of us thought. Both sides made lots of mistakes, especially in serve. We weren't consistent and we made definitely too many mistakes. Although Argentina played without their key players, I must say some of them were pretty good, for exampe Uriarte and Chavez- I think they were the best today among Argentinian players. Oh, it's worth to mention that Wlazły finally came back to NT, although he didn't play long, he scored some points in important moments- most memorable was that great ace at the end of 3rd(if I'm not wrong) set.
    It wasn't the best performance by Poles, but the most important is the fact that we won :)

• I missed today's match against South Korea. I was pretty sure about winning it easy. I chose to watch our girls rather than men so post your thoughts, pls. :)

• Brutal Zhekov :super: , unbeliavable Alexiev and incredible Sokolov in attack :obey:
    P.S. I saw the game between Germany and Cuba, very good quality from both teams.
    P.S.P.S. I see that Netherlands are still fighting with themselves like Bontje said, I wish them good luck except against us :bump:

• Bulgarian players weren't pushing themselves too much today. I agree with raylight about the three best players for us and would add Yosifov, he made some blocks! Vladimir Nikolov was not included in the group for this weekend due to a light shoulder injury, but Sokolov replaced him in a wonderful way! What I am especially glad to notice is the amazing shape of Andrey Zhekov :thumbup: Apart from that, Bulgaria played an average game just enough to beat Korea 3-0.

Marechal isn't as good as Rouzier but he is young so maybe some day he will :) don't you know why Rouzier doesn't play? Is something wrong with him?

Marechal is an attacker/receiver, Rouzier is an opposite, so a comparison is a bit difficult :) Rouzier is more experienced though, but he hasn't played in a while due to an injury, if I am not mistaken. I think that's the reason for his absence, Vadeleux - a middle-blocker, is replacing him right now.

• Sokolov made 71% in attack, very good talent he has. Befora he made mistakes from serve, in attack too, and BTW Go Fins, go Dutch, go French! :drink:

• Oh, really? What happened to him? I think Brazil can lost a lot of charm without great Sergio..

He has a serious injury in his back...he was away recovering....but looks now that he will have to operate....and maybe he wont recover in time for World Chmapionship....but I hope he can make it...

I think no libero in Brasil can reach Serginho's category..