European League 2010

• Pool A: Serbia, Romania, Great Britain, Bulgaria
    Pool B: Israel, Spain, Turkey, Greece

European Volleyball Confederation still hopes to be able to set up an additional pool with four more teams. This pool would eventually consist of the teams coming from Belarus, Croatia, France and Poland, but still these Federations have to comply with some obligations and namely submit the duly signed TV agreement before being officially registered for the competition. The final deadline for submitting such papers has been set for December 14, 2009 and only if all four National Federations concerned fulfill the pre-determined requirements, this additional Pool will be officially established and the European League will be therefore played with a total of 12 teams.

Final of the 2010 European League will be held in Turkey (venue to be determined).

• it would be cool if Cev create 3rd pool. of course Poland wouldn't play with their full force but still it would be nice chance for some youngster to play in the summer .

Pool A looks quite interesting :) i', rooting for Bulgaria i hope they can pull off some nice surprise against Serbia :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• If we change the coach we can win this tournament with the players we have - Teneva, Koleva, Filipova (the new Gioli), Yaneva, Vasileva and so on... Just need someone to change the tactics during the game

• No, after two or three years she will win alone games. Didn't you watch her against Belarus, Spain or Belgium? See her stats in Uralochka for example -

http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…c&act=main_stat&Itemid=81

She had couple of titles in Cannes with Eva Yaneva and now she is with Karpol in Uralochka. She is selected in the All Star game of the russian championship.

I really think what I've wrote. She will literally devastate after couple of years

P.S. OF course this is my opinion, so nothing stops me from being wrong eventually

• Filipova (the new Gioli),

i think you have gone too far :D she is not even close to be new Gioli and besides she is not that young after all (25 next year) . she is very good MB but she is level or two below players like Gioli Ravva or Carillo(my 3 personal best MB in the world)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Her results directly contradict your opinion, Mateo :) In the ECH she was the reason for our victories (in top 5 in several categories - spiker, blocker, server), our team just needs more high-level international experience to have self confidence in the big games, that's all. And one more thing - She is invited in the all - star game in Russia after several games. This really means something ;)

• Filipova (the new Gioli)

I think it's absolutely wrong, of course Filipova great MB but she isn't new Gioli, cause new Gioli is Eda Erdem :drink:

• i think there are many other mbs who are better than filipova, like walewska, ravva, erdem, carrilo, rui rui, scott and of course polyak and maculewichz

• it will be nice to see croacia playing this competition...they have a lot of good players but can't play as a team...it's so weird...popovic barun usic milos grabc maja all great players...i hope that i can see they playing in this competition

• No Czech Rep. :down:

Croatia should improve their team work in this competition.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• After withdrawal of Poland, 2010 Women's European League will be played with 8 teams
    CEV would like to confirm that the 2010 edition of the Women’s European League will be played with only 8 teams after the Polish Volleyball Federation officially stated this afternoon that it is not able to comply with the various requirements that have been set to register for that competition. Having said that, the 2010 Women’s European League will hence feature a total of 2 Pools consisting of 4 teams each as already announced this past Monday. The withdrawal of Poland entails automatically that, in spite of all the efforts the respective Federations have been devoting over the past weeks, the teams of Belarus, Croatia and France will also not be part of the starting line-up.
    CEV President André Meyer comments: “I deeply regret that we were not able to go through this ambitious challenge and extend the European League up to 12 participating teams. Nevertheless, I am convinced that we still dispose of very good teams that will certainly put up a great show for their home fans as well as for the whole European Volleyball family as they take the European League as an additional opportunity to compete at the highest level and, in some cases, to fine tune their preparations for the FIVB World Grand Prix and the World Championships in Japan”.
    CEV

• i think there are many other mbs who are better than filipova, like walewska, ravva, erdem, carrilo, rui rui, scott and of course polyak and maculewichz

This is your opinion, everyone has freedom to have his/her opinion different :) In the net two years If I am right we will see the increasing results of Filipova which will prove what I wrote. If not, than I will admit I was wrong. For now she is BIG talent, but only that. She has shown some quality, but not consistency (If she was consistent Bulgaria would beat Netherlands and Poland too - the only games in which she didn't show her best). If she develops stability versus the greatest teams in the world, she is there. If not - just one good player and that's all.

• The winner of European league 2010 gets direct ticket for WGP 2011. I think Serbia has a great chance to win it and qualify for GP for the first time.Since Poland is not participating I think Turkey will be the biggest obstacle.

I have made a plan: :D

1.Serbia wins European league and qualifies for GP

2.FIVB will be so kind as to give us to organize one weekend of GP

3.We will be lucky to have Brasil in our group so we will have the opportunity to welcome brasilian women's team for the first time ever in Serbia(we already had a pleasure of seeing brasilian men's team in Belgrade in World league).

4.I get to see my favourite player

So, I have everything planned :D , now I need a little help from serbian players.All they have to do is win European league.Is it too much to ask ? :D

• Don't forget Final 4 will be in Turkey again..Last year spectators were great :D this year we will beat Serbiaa like in European Championship :D :cup: