NORCECA's 2010 Pan American Cup

• Brazil pretty much all the times go play Pan American Cup with Junior team....and till now we were able to get the spot in Grand Prix. I think is harder for the teams from Norceca, there things really going on betwenn USA, Dominican, Cuba, Puerto Rico and so on...Brazil usually dont have problems against Argentina or Peru.

The results from today:

Pool A:

Canada 2x3 Argentina (25-22, 20-25, 22-25, 25-19, 11-15) - Statistics
    Pavan did 23 points

Cuba 3x1 Brazil (27-25, 25-23, 25-17, 25-21) - Statistics
    Carcaces did 20 points

Pool B:

Peru 0x3 USA (25-27, 22-25, 17-25) - Statistics
    Bown did 14 points

Puerto Rico 3x0 Costa Rica (25-13, 25-15, 25-19) - Statistics

• I don't think that Brasil missing GP 2011 would be a bad thing for them( unless Ze Roberto would decide to give holidays to some players). I think brasilian players( Olympians) need a rest desperately. Last year they played so many matches and when they got to WGCC they were dead tired. On the other hand look at Italy: they missed GP last year( not deliberately though), had a good rest and came back strong. Also Italian A team didn't play Montreux last year and they will not play GP this summer either. I think italian coach is much better in human resource management than brasilian. If Brasil do qualifie for GP I think they should use a team composed of younger players of A team and some players of B team. Such a team would do just fine in GP.

• 16 years old Channon Thompson take her debut in Senior Team ^^ She gets 7 points. In Her Team Best Scorer was Krystle Esdelle 22 pts. and Kelly Billingi 16 pts. Well I think Puerto Rico not take ticket to next edition of Grand Prix. In rosters I don't see Karina Ocasio, Aurea Cruz and Her Sister.

• It was indeed a horrible decision from the Confederation to bring such a young team to compete in this very important tournament. If they have taken, instead, girls like Lia, Fernanda Garay, Natália Martins, Ivna and such, and maybe a couple of the ones from our main team, we probably could have won this tournament. 'Cause judging from the game between Cuba and Dominican Republic, I'm not too impressed.

So, now we don't play GP next year. I think that's very bad for, a team that needs to improve. Maybe it'll be a good lesson.

• Hello. Who won the CUB-DOM match? The live steam slopped at 14-12 5th set with CUB leading.

• It was indeed a horrible decision from the Confederation to bring such a young team to compete in this very important tournament. If they have taken, instead, girls like Lia, Fernanda Garay, Natália Martins, Ivna and such, and maybe a couple of the ones from our main team, we probably could have won this tournament. 'Cause judging from the game between Cuba and Dominican Republic, I'm not too impressed.

So, now we don't play GP next year. I think that's very bad for, a team that needs to improve. Maybe it'll be a good lesson.

I agree....

I mean, clearly this tournament this year it has been taking serious by all other teams...If we had the militar team at least, we could win Argentina!!!This team is to young, and dont have the talent of old Junior teams from Brasil. It was a bad planning from Ary and from Zé too.....would be much better from Brasil to be playing this tournament, against teams as Cuba, Dominican and USA, then to play friendly matches against B team from Japan!!!!!:S

• Well..maybe tehre is a chance for a Wild Card, but anyway....the only fault we are out right now, is a bad planning from Confederation....so..I relly hope we dont get the wild Card, like you said, is good for them to learn!

• Brazil pretty much all the times go play Pan American Cup with Junior team....and till now we were able to get the spot in Grand Prix. I think is harder for the teams from Norceca, there things really going on betwenn USA, Dominican, Cuba, Puerto Rico and so on...Brazil usually dont have problems against Argentina or Peru.

I agree....

I mean, clearly this tournament this year it has been taking serious by all other teams...If we had the militar team at least, we could win Argentina!!!This team is to young, and dont have the talent of old Junior teams from Brasil. It was a bad planning from Ary and from Zé too.....would be much better from Brasil to be playing this tournament, against teams as Cuba, Dominican and USA, then to play friendly matches against B team from Japan!!!!!:S

OMG, Joanna, :thumbdown:

You could have said it better, maybe by giving credit to the other teams, instead, you put down your own team (see: dont have the talent of old junior teams from Brasil) plus the coaches.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Fortunately Brazil is not Korea or Poland to be given a wild card. It deserves to be out of Grand Prix next year. The ticket ought to be taken by playing not for political schemes.

• OMG, Joanna, :thumbdown:

You could have said it better, maybe by giving credit to the other teams, instead, you put down your own team (see: dont have the talent of old junior teams from Brasil) plus the coaches.

I'm not saying bad from the other teams, not at all! I didnt wanted to sound like that, I think that the teams in Pan-American Cup are quite good, tehre is why I said I would prefer Zé to be playing first team that tournament instead of Friendly Games against Japan B team, would be a better test.

what I meant about the junior team is that, in other years we could manage to also play with Junior team and quali, cause we had a better group of girls...I'm sorry but is true. This Junior team we have now is still to young, and also very unexperience, not enough to play against first teams of other countries...Of course Argentina have their credits and everything....but is also true that Brasil shouldnt have sent the Junior team....Maybe we should have sent at least a B NT, since Zé prefered to make friendyl Games....at least more experienced team. To be honest with you, I think with a B team we could manage to win Argentina. Cause unfortunelty here in Soulth American we dont have a very good volleyball out of Brasil, is sad but true so far. So for us, usually is not a problem to quali GRand Prix, well not had been so far. For Norceca teams in other hand is harder, cause you have to fight between each other, and there are pretty bigger number of good teams in there! (cause you know the qualification is separated though the championship is played together, is one spot for South Americn teams, and 3 for Norceca) I dont know if you think that I was saying bad about Us or any other Norceca teams, but I was really not....I was only comparing Brasil level of volley against the others from South America ;) and in that case we usually better, but not with such still fresh team as is with this junior team, but I cant say to you, with a B team we can still win Argentina and Peru, is a fact. So for me was a wrong planning from our confederation to choose to play with junior team, insted with B NT or even the first NT. And for that we deserve to be out of next GP! ;)

• Brazil with Wild Card? No. Play in Senior Tournamet with Juniors is hit for other Teams. Good lesson for Confederation. In other site Brazil can take Wild Card but before start PanAmerican Cup not after lost every match. 4 Teams from Europe, 4 from Asia, 3 from Norceca and 1 from South America. No chance to get Wild Card.

• Brazil with Wild Card? No. Play in Senior Tournamet with Juniors is hit for other Teams. Good lesson for Confederation. In other site Brazil can take Wild Card but before start PanAmerican Cup not after lost every match. 4 Teams from Europe, 4 from Asia, 3 from Norceca and 1 from South America. No chance to get Wild Card.

Wow! Let me ask you one thing: How many wild cards for GP did Poland get? I know about 2 already.And someone wrote here that they got for 2012 also.

And for what ? I really don't understand. Surely not for their great achievements in this competition. I think giving so many wild cards to Poland isn't fair to other European countries who all have to play qualifications. But if it was just about playing in GP I wouldn't care so much. But it's much more than that.Giving Poland a wild card for GP 2011 gives them a chance to gain points and move up on FIVB Ranking list.That is something that can be crucial for Olympic Qualifications for European countries.Remember that 2 European countries best ranked on FIVB list (apart from those qualified through World cuop and European Olympic qualifications) get to play World Olympic Qualifications.So it can easily happen that Poland is one of those 2 teams thanks to the points earned in GP.That means that one european country would miss London Olympics thanks to the fact that Poland got wild card for GP.It is a very serious thing , much more than giving wild card to Brasil would be.Not to talk that Brasil is 8 times winner of GP.
    Something similar happened 2 years ago when Barbolini sent Italian B team to European GP qualies to play against A teams of other european countries (that can be compared to sending brasilian juniores to play against seniores of other SA countries). Italy failed to qualify and missed GP 2009. I am not sure if they even tried to get wild card but I don't believe they did. And I don't think Brasil should.

• Wow! Let me ask you one thing: How many wild cards for GP did Poland get? I know about 2 already.

And for what ? I really don't understand. Surely not for their great achievements in this competition. I think giving so many wild cards to Poland isn't fair to other European countries who all have to play qualifications. But if it was just about playing in GP I wouldn't care so much. But it's much more than that.Giving Poland a wild card for GP 2011 gives them a chance to gain points and move up on FIVB Ranking list.That is something that can be crucial for Olympic Qualifications for European countries.Remember that 2 European countries best ranked on FIVB list (apart from those qualified through World cuop and European Olympic qualifications) get to play World Olympic Qualifications.So it can easily happen that Poland is one of those 2 teams thanks to the points earned in GP.That means that one european country would miss London Olympics thanks to the fact that Poland got wild card for GP.It is a very serious thing , much more than giving wild card to Brasil would be.Not to talk that Brasil is 8 times winner of GP.
    Something similar happened 2 years ago when Barbolini sent Italian B team to European GP qualies to play against A teams of other european countries (that can be compared to sending brasilian juniores to play against seniores of other SA countries). Italy failed to qualify and missed GP 2009. I am not sure if they even tried to get wild card but I don't believe they did. And I don't think Brasil should.

Brazil can take Wild Card but before start PanAmerican Cup not after
    lost every match.

• Sne, Poland played in qualification to WGP, too. Since 2003 to 2006. Poland have wild card from 2008 edition. Remember that few years ago Italy didn't play qualification few times, too.
    On the other hand we can't say that Poland will not qualify to GP if thay must play qualfications. In 2010 edition will play 3 best teams form ECH 2009 (Poland was 3rd!). This "wild card" for Poland is due to long-term agreement between polish federation and FIVB (Poland is one of the country which organize one of the tournamnets and Poland buy TV rights to WGP to 2012).

• I think also Canada can beat Brazil at this point. Canada have performed quite well so far and now they have in their roster Sarah Pavan who was great in Italian League this year. She might be decisive against this Brazilian junior team.

• I think also Canada can beat Brazil at this point. Canada have performed quite well so far and now they have in their roster Sarah Pavan who was great in Italian League this year. She might be decisive against this Brazilian junior team.

Does also Stacey Gordon play?