Jelena Nikolić
    Brižitka Molnar
    Jovana Vesović
    Jasna Majstrović
    Ivana Nešović
    Liberos
    Suzana Ćebić
    Silvija Radović

• Im just wondering, if any members will attend this championship?
    I will go to Hasselt to watch Poland in the prelimary round most probably... Or ill go to the finals to luxembourg...
    So, will i get to see some "familiar" ppl? lol :wink2:

• I will probably go to Charleroi toi see France, Russia and Italy.

France roster :

Setters : Karine Salinas (1,78 m, 34 ans); Armelle Faesch (1,83 m, 25 ans).

Middle players : Victoria Ravva (1,89 m, 31 ans); Jelena Lozancic (1,87 m, 24 ans); Kinga Maculewicz (188 m, 29 ans).

Spikers : Anna Rybaczewski (1,85 m, 25 ans); Sandra Kociniewski (1,88 m, 32 ans); Hélène Schleck (1,80 m, 21 ans); leslie Turiaf (1,83 m, 21 ans).

libéros: Alexandra Rochelle (1,68 m, 23 ans); Estelle Quérard (1,79 m, 28 ans).

One more player will join the team at the end of the month.

• Germany will play friendly matches with France and Serbia in the next two weeks. 15 players are in the team now:

Setters: Kathleen Weiß, Mareen Apitz
    Opposites: Angelina Grün, Tina Gollan, Dominice Steffen
    Outside Hitters: Atika Bouagaa, Cornelia Dumler, Margarethe Kozuch, Maren Brinker, Heike Beier
    Middle Blockers: Christiane Fürst, Corina Ssuschke, Kathy Radzuweit, Stephanie Karg
    Libero: Kerstin Tzscherlich

• Quote from "Matthias"

Germany will play friendly matches with France and Serbia in the next two weeks. 15 players are in the team now:

Setters: Kathleen Weiß, Mareen Apitz
    Opposites: Angelina Grün, Tina Gollan, Dominice Steffen
    Outside Hitters: Atika Bouagaa, Cornelia Dumler, Margarethe Kozuch, Maren Brinker, Heike Beier
    Middle Blockers: Christiane Fürst, Corina Ssuschke, Kathy Radzuweit, Stephanie Karg
    Libero: Kerstin Tzscherlich

do u know where they will play?

• Against France: 17.8. in Güstrow um 18.00 Uhr, 18.8. in Hamburg um 18.00 Uhr, 19.8. in Neustadt in Holstein um 17.30 Uhr

Against Serbia: 24.8. in Bielefeld um 19.00 Uhr, 25.8. in Wuppertal um 19.00 Uhr, 26.8. in Münster um 18.00 Uhr

• Bad bad news, Picci won't play at ECH, because she wants to rest a little bit as Togut and Rinieri. Centoni is recovering from medical treatment of an injury. :cry2: :cry2: :(
    Now it will be difficult to win against the other competitive Euro teams (as Russia, Poland, Netherlands, Germany, Serbia and Turkey)
    Our hope are Tay Aguero, Serena Ortolani and Valentina Fiorin. Simona Gioli and Sara Anzanello are great as well as Martina Guiggi and Jenny Barazza, but with a shaky reception (Picci is great in reception) the play with MBs won't be always possible. Probably Del Core will play instead of Fiorin or Ortolani to adjust reception.

The possible team is

Lo Bianco-Aguero
    Gioli-Anzanello
    Ortolani-Del Core
    Cardullo (or Croce or De Gennaro)

substitions
    S = Ferretti (or Dall'Igna)
    MB = Guiggi (or Barazza)
    OH = Fiorin, Cicolari
    OP = Vitez

• Which are your plus and minus teams for the ECH? We can make some predictions! :wink2:

Here are mines

PLUS TEAMS
    -Poland is the favourite team in my opinion! Glinka is going to return, Swieniewicz is a leader and expert, Rosner in reception and defence, Liktoras and Podolec in shape, and Skowronska in her new position, not to mention her difficult serve. They have a great coach (Bonitta) and a great assistant (Sliwa). Playing a modern volleyball, improving with Bonitta schemes!!!
    -Netherlands, they are improving day by day. They are defending and blocking good. Teamplay is important for them!
    -Germany, they have a great coach (Giovanni Guidetti). The young players are promising (e.g. Kozuch). The blocks of Furst are impressive. Plus the star Angelina Grun!!!
    -Turkey, an improved Mert and an in shape Neslihan could upset some teams! Plus they have promising young players (e.g. Eda Erdem)

MINUS TEAMS
    -Italy, no Picci, no Togut, no Centoni, no Rinieri, no Paggi. Reception problems, blocks are good with MBs, but not with other players, serves are too easy. Italy without good reception can't play with their great MBs. There is Tay Aguero, but she can't do all by herself. Promising players (Ortolani, Cicolari, Fiorin, Vitez), but very inexpert.
    -Russia is still a great team, but their style is not modern. They suffer modern volleyball play. Poor defences, slow MBs, so-so setters. They are relying on the trio Gamova-Godina-Sokolova. But if one of those three is not in shape (especially Sokolova), the problems start.
    -Serbia, doesn't have Djerisilo, Nikolic didn't have a great season, Spasojevic has a knee problem if I'm not wrong. Their play is simple, but effective. Poor reception, better defence.

• Quote from "Jo11"

I will probably go to Charleroi toi see France, Russia and Italy.

i decided to go there too... i think i will be there on 22nd and on 21st in Hasselt... You know, gotta advert the site a bit lol :mrgreen:

• We know Polish squad for eliminations and for ECH:

Sadurek, Belcik;
    Podolec, Frątczak, Kosmatka;
    Glinka, Świeniewicz, Mirek, Rosner, Kaczorowska, Frąckowiak;
    Skowrońska, Liktoras, Dziękiewicz, Bamber, Bednarek;
    Zenik, Leśniewicz.

I don't know only positions. Glinka can play as a receiver and attacer, Podolec too, Skowońska as a MB and attacer, just like Bamber.

• wow
    strong squad....
    looking forward to play them all together again and hopefully the squad wont change :D

• POLISH SQUAD FOR ECH

Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata (ASYSTEL Novara)

Mariola Zenik (MUSZYNIANKA Muszyna)

Eleonora Dziękiewicz (WINIARY Kalisz)

Izabela Bełcik (MUSZYNIANKA Muszyna)

Magdalena Śliwa (WISŁA Kraków)

Anna Podolec (BALAKOVSKA)

Małgorzata Glinka (MURCIA)

Dorota Świeniewicz (ICARO Alaro)

Agnieszka Bednarek (FARMUTIL Piła)

Joanna Mirek (MUSZYNIANKA Muszyna)

Zuzanna Efimienko (SMS Sosnowiec)

Milena Sadurek (ALUPROF Bielsko-Biała)

Milena Rosner (FOPPAPEDRETTI Bergamo)

Maria Liktoras (DYNAMO Moskwa)

Agata Sawicka (WINIARY Kalisz)

Joanna Frąckowiak (AZS AWF Poznań)

Berenika Tomsia (GEDANIA Gdańsk)

Klaudia Kaczorowska (FARMUTIL Piła)

Agnieszka Kosmatka (FARMUTIL Piła)

Dominika Leśniewicz (CENTROSTAL Bydgoszcz)

Joanna Staniucha-Szczurek (ALUPROF Bielsko-Biała)

A few changes.
    I'm so suprised, that here aren't Frątczak and Bamber... :(

• Is Sliwa returning on court? That would be great for Poland!

• Quote from "samba player"

Is Sliwa returning on court? That would be great for Poland!

Śliwa is second coach of Poland so she is all the time with team. When Bełcik was recovering after surgery sometimes Śliwa was replacing her on trainings. In case of injury of Sadurek or Bełcik, Śliwa may quickly join the team.