• :thumbsup:

hehehehe, can you guys split and trnalate what they say in the reports? specially the first two! :) About Kim, Chaine and then WEnsink. ehehehehehehehe :obey: :flower:

Chaine says: first I help a lot with Lynn and later I will coddle her a lot!
    She was telling about first time she saw Lynn on skype when she was in Cagliari with NT.All the Dutch girls were watching Lynn and Kim on skype.
    Kim told that Chaine helps her a lot the last two weeks,she was very happy,and feeling very good.
    Mark is telling that he always knew that Kim would like to be part of NT after giving bird again and he fully support her.
    Kim tells that's she's in training again, anybody tells her: you can't make it to WC, but the more they say it, the more she thinks: I'm gonna do this!!!
    Lynn is going to Japan too, and Kim's mum , and Mark is coming for 1,5 weeks too. She don't know how it's gonna be with a child nearby,how the team reacts .
    She tells about the training now,she's listening very good to the doctor,and every day she's doing a little bit more.
    After WC she will join the winterprogram of Avital, and in the weekend she will support Mark,who plays in A-league this year.

Caroline is telling about the four favorit places in Amsterdam,her residence. She likes Amsterdam very much and misses this places a lot when she is in foreign with NT or in Poland this season.

• Thanks dear!!!!!! :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

I'm really happy for Chaine and Kim of course! Lynn is the cutest thing. I hope she give a lot of luck for the girls in Japan..hehehehehe

• Dela Trophy squad is out, the first name on the list is clearly a talking point :lol:

Kim Staelens
    Manon Flier
    Chaïne Staelens
    Caroline Wensink
    Francien Huurman
    Ingrid Visser
    Debby Stam
    Janneke van Tienen (L)
    Maret Grothues
    Alice Blom
    Laura Dijkema
    Judith Blansjaar
    Anne Buijs
    Nicole Koolhaas
    Robin de Kruijf
    Myrthe Schoot (L)
    Quinta Steenbergen

There are 17 names here, not sure if the rules are different for Dela Trophy but normally there would of course only be 14. I know that at least one of them will not be there.

• I think we should fire Selinger, he's a pig! :P :what:

• looking at this WCH i realized more again how Meijners could have been usefull with her talent to the Nt... :wall:

• I'm sick of the Dutch national team

• Even though we want the dutch NT with another coach is there any better coach to replace Selinger? I know a lot of NT relies on foreign coaches but I'm not sure it works all the time.

• My analysis after this WCH:

Setter: as expected instable, weak spot...BUT neither Laura nor Kim is to blame! They did their utmost in the given cicumstances.

Libero: van Tienen played a decent tournament.

MB: Wensink played agreat tournament. Visser played decent; she isn't as good as she was some years ago anymore.

Opposite: Flier started well, but got tired AND frustrated during the tournament, because she didn't get support from the OH's in the crucial matches.

OH's: as expected the weakest spot of the team. Grothues is developing very well, and she is at international level a good receiver and server, but against topteams she lacks height to be a good scorer. I'm really sorry for Chaine Staelens, for he provate misery and for her physical deterioration...I fear for chronical injuries if she doesn't retire in one or two years...It must be hard for herself to see the deterioration year by year...:( Debby Stam's absence was a huge blow for the stability of Dutch NT.

Though only 11th place, I am quite optimisitic for the future, because there is more quality in Dutch Women's Volleyball as ever before!!! It's up to Selinger to manage the best Dutch players will be available for NT !!

This WCH Dutch team lacked a well-preparated Kim Staelens, Debby Stam, Floortje Meijners and Anne Buijs. These four players cover the problematical area's (setter and oh), so I hope they will be available for OGQ in near future!

• I was really hoping for a better showing by the Dutch. For a reason I can't figure out, I really like their style and the way they carry themselves on the court. Wensink really impressed me with her blocking and her attacking is getting better and better. Visser looks like she has a few more years left in her but they need to get her more involved. It seems like the more they set her the better she plays, and when they don't set her she becomes completely invisible during a match. Flier is Flier and will always get her points, but over the course of a tournament there are too many good teams that can spread the ball around to multiple players that she just won't be able to get things done by herself. As you mentioned, Groothues has a very solid serve and passing game, but she's too short on both block and attack and coupled with the fact that she's left-handed. I am not familiar with the Dutch players outside of those who are on the NT but I was wondering who are the top prospects for outside hitters in the Netherlands?

• I was really hoping for a better showing by the Dutch. For a reason I can't figure out, I really like their style and the way they carry themselves on the court. Wensink really impressed me with her blocking and her attacking is getting better and better. Visser looks like she has a few more years left in her but they need to get her more involved. It seems like the more they set her the better she plays, and when they don't set her she becomes completely invisible during a match. Flier is Flier and will always get her points, but over the course of a tournament there are too many good teams that can spread the ball around to multiple players that she just won't be able to get things done by herself. As you mentioned, Groothues has a very solid serve and passing game, but she's too short on both block and attack and coupled with the fact that she's left-handed. I am not familiar with the Dutch players outside of those who are on the NT but I was wondering who are the top prospects for outside hitters in the Netherlands?

Well, I mentioned the names already.... There are a few...

1.Floortje Meijners (born, january 1987) has great potential. She will play for Busto volley in Serie A this season (she is originally Opposite, but she could play OH as well)..unfortunately she left NT a few years ago after a conflict with Selinger and didn't return so far.
    2.Anne Buijs (born, december 1991)is the most talented player in Dutch Women Volleyball since Flier, in my opinion. She plays this season for Belgian champion Kieldrecht. Being a OH, she defintely still needs to work very hard on her receiving-skills, but she has great attacking-abilities, Her attack-height is 3.20m already, and she can hit devastating balls...so I think she is a very promising player.
    3.Debby Stam will return after her injury.
    4. Maret Grothues we already discussed.

Chaine Staelens was a world-class attacker, but after many knee-injuries/surgeries she is just a part of the player she ever was. She is deteriorating year by year unfortunately :(
    Alice Blom has been a decent substitute since many, many years.