NEW: Swiss Volleyball League 2012/2013

First match for the 3rd place (best-of-three)

Volley Köniz - Sagres NUC 3:0 (25:16, 25:9, 25:21) MVP: Sarina Schafflützel (Köniz) and Diva Boketsu (NUC) Spectators: 770
    Video full match

Köniz: Kubinova 3, Schulz 9, Alves Cassemiro 11, Schafflützel 7, Svobodnikova 9, Moffett, Pauli (L). Also: Jenkins 2, Ferreira 3, Kronenberg 1, Wigger 7. Source: Website Volley Köniz

2nd match next Sunday (17th March)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen - Volley Toggenburg 3:0 (29:27, 25:18, 25:17)

TSV Düdingen - VBC Cossonay 3:0 (25:19, 25:13, 25:23)

Final Ranking Playout Round:

6. TSV Düdingen 9 25 (26:8 sets)
    7. Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen 9 17 (17:16 sets)
    8. Volley Toggenburg 9 10 (12:21 sets)
    9. VBC Cossonay 9 8 (13:23 sets)

[b]Volley Toggenburg

3rd match Playoff final

Volero Zürich - VC Kanti Schaffhausen 3:0 (25:16, 25:16, 25:16) Spectators: 680
    stats: http://www.volerozuerich.ch/fi…hausen-zuerich_0-3_MR.pdf

VIDEO (2nd and 3rd set) you can find here: http://www.tele-d.ch/sendungsarchiv.html

SWISS CHAMPION 2012/2013: Volero Zürich :cup: Congrats to all players and the staff :drink:

Volero won all their matches in this Swiss league season (and only lost 11 sets in 26 matches, mostly at the beginning of the season) :obey:
    Here are the two best teams of this season united on one photo:

Source: Volero Zürich twitter

On VC Kanti's side, it was the last match of a long volleyball career for their captain Grit Lehmann :rose:

Second match for the 3rd place (best-of-three)

Sagres NUC - Volley Köniz 3:1 (25:18, 25:20, 20:25, 25:23) MVP: Anna Protasenia (NUC) and Sabel Moffett (Köniz)

Volley Köniz: Kubinova 4, Schulz 12, Alves Cassemiro 8, Schafflützel 2, Moffett 17, Svobodnikova 6, Pauli (L). Also: Ferreira 8, Kronenberg 1, Wigger 3. Source: Website Volley Köniz

Some short scenes of the match, you can watch here: http://www.ladysmash.net/?p=1287

The third (and decisive) match for the bronze medal will be played next Wednesday (20th March).

• Congratulations to Volero :flower: :flower: :flower:

Hopefully there will be a second strong team in near future :win:

• Hopefully there will be a second strong team in near future :win:

Yes, that would be really nice. But i don't think it will happen in the next years. The other teams just don't have the financial ressources to compete with Volero. But there are many rich people and corporations in Switzerland, maybe some of them will discover their love for volleyball and invest in a team. Who knows? ;)

• Yes, that would be really nice. But i don't think it will happen in the next years. The other teams just don't have the financial ressources to compete with Volero. But there are many rich people and corporations in Switzerland, maybe some of them will discover their love for volleyball and invest in a team. Who knows? ;)

Indeed. there are many rich people in Switzerland :drink: Maybe should the Swiss Federation invest in promotion :win:

• Congratulations to Volero :flower: :flower: :flower:

Hopefully there will be a second strong team in near future :win:

Well, at the beginning of the season, Volley Koniz certainly had the prerequisite to be that second strong team. Of course not good enough to win the title, but maybe enough to antagonize a little bit Volero. Unfortunately Koniz has not been able to profit from that prerequisite. Maybe next season. Volley Koniz seems to be very ambitious for the next years.

Third match for the 3rd place (and last league match of the season 2012/2013):

Volley Köniz - Sagres NUC 3:2 (18:25, 25:21, 22:25, 25:23, 15:9) MVP: Anika Schulz (Köniz) and Lindsay Stalzer (NUC) Spectators: 710

Volley Köniz: Kubinova 1, Schulz 25, Alves Cassemiro 15, Ferreira 1, Wigger 8, Moffett 1, Pauli (L). Also: Schafflützel 15, Svobodnikova 13, Jenkins 1, Ostrowska. Source: Website Volley Köniz

Sagres NUC: Kehoe 5, Stalzer 29, Herman 16, Protasenia 9, Boketsu 8, Stocker 7, Girolami (L). Also: Ryf 1, Trösch 1, Schüpbach. Source: the newspaper L'EXPRESS

Congrats to Volley Köniz winning the bronze medal :drink: http://www.facebook.com/media/…8751674661&type=3&theater

Final ranking Swiss League 2012/2013

1. Volero Zürich

2. VC Kanti Schaffhausen

3. Volley Köniz

4. Sagres NUC

5. Hôtel Cristal VFM

6. TSV Düdingen

7. Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen

8. Volley Toggenburg

9. VBC Cossonay

:wavy: :wavy:

Qualified for Champions League 2013/2014: Volero Zürich
    Qualified for CEV Cup 2013/2014: VC Kanti Schaffhausen, Volley Köniz
    Qualified for Challenge Cup 2013/2014: Sagres NUC, Hôtel Cristal VFM

• Brooke Seaman (i don't know, if it's her, you mean) played last season for VBC Biel in the NLA. But this club doesn't exist anymore. She's not playing in the NLA this season. And i don't know if she has found a club in a lower league in Switzerland or abroad.

I did not play last season as Biel closed and I did not have a new team. I am with Lyngby Elite im Danish 1st division this season.