Since when do you follow volleyball?

• I start here a little research among members of the forum. I think will be interesest to see....hope everyone participate :win:

My question to you all is:

In what year did you start following volleyball with regulary? And if you guys remember, what was the first professional game did you have the chance to follow live inside a gymn?

My answer:

Well, my first bigger remebers with volleyball are from 1998. I also remember 1996 Olympic Games, but I dont think it really counts, cause it was an Olympic Games..hehe, I dont have remember from National League or any thing else from this time...So I consider 1998 my starting year.

First live Game: Flamengo x Rexona - Brazilian Female Superleague 1999/2000, Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

• i;ve watched vball since i rememebered but i started to follow it regularly since 2002(men volleball and unforgetable 3 wins over Brasil in WL) and 2003(women volleyball after huge succes in Turkey)

and the first match live was a match between Jadar Radom - Kedzierzyn Kozle in Polish league, my father took me and my brother for a match and i even remeber the score (3-0 for Radom xD) i was about 5 :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I watched Bulgaria - Brazil 2:3 at the small final in the World League 1994 and I liked the game. That was my first touch with volleyball :)
    P.S. I lead, volleyball follows ;0

• The FIVB World Grand Prix 1999 matches in the Manila leg which was broadcasted live in our country made Leila Barros a household name here in the Philippines. I remember, my best friend's little sister was named in honor of her. The World Grand Prix 2000 was also memorable as the Cuban greats were present in the Philsports Arena. Lioubov Chachkova (as she was known back then) captured the MVP with the young Erika Coimbra getting the best server. A lot of Filipinos were rooting for the Brazilians back then.

• I've been watching volleyball since 1996, I think. The first important matches I remember are male qualifications to Atlanta Olympic games, when we beat Spain and Greece in Patras. I still remember several amazing blocks by Krzysztof Stelmach against Greeks :obey: -it gave us victory and first OG after 16 years break.
    I don't play volleyball proffesionally. I used to play it at school, as a OPP, but I was terrible :lol:
    Fist live game? It was 1999 or something; the match by one of the amateur teams from Szczecin.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I use to play volleyball too in school like Konrad. I played as a setter and sometimes a receiver. Like Konrad, I played horribly. Haha.

• Seriously interested in women volley from the 2005 European Championship - Italy vs Bulgaria.

Before that day, I've sporadically watched some men and women NT competitions like Olympics and Euro Champs but never seriously.

• I started watch volleyball in 2004 because of OG. But after OG I didn't follow volleyball that much.
    Seriously I started follow volleyball year later thanks to polish female team ;) At the begining I watched only female volleyball, but then I started follow men volley and now I prefer it a lot more :D Oh and I also play volleyball sometimes, but it's just for fun :D Right now I'm not doing it so often, because I just don't want to hurt anybody :D lol Definitely I'm better at watching it than playing lol.

• As a kid I watched the anime series Attack No.1 (also known as Mila Superstar or Mimi e la nazionale di pallavolo, but not Mila e Shiro, that is different), then for some time I lost interest in volleyball and since OG 2000 I started to follow international volleyball (thanks to the evolution of internet mainly :thumbsup: ). The first matches I watched live were in 2001 in Germany WGP qualification RUS-CRO and GER-ITA with many stars there. I also play and coach a girls team now.

• i started addicted to volleyball when i was a kid...i started watching volleyball in 1998 World's...but i became MORE VOLLEYBALL FANATIC when i became a internet literate in 2004.....
    so i started searching and searching about vbol i really miss the old forum women-volley.com .....
    i used to play in school too :dance6: OH or MB...haha...

my first was in 2002 WGP Manila Leg..
    Russia v Germany

• my first game was Croatia - Brasil, olympic games in sydney, i remember when barbara jelić cried in the match and rember leila from brasil, she was the best.

• Well my little story begins about 5 years ago when me cousin played his first game in the village, with our local team and i remember all my family was on the bleachers supporting him. One year after that i became member of our women local team and i played in game for mini volley and later for junior stuff and etc. Since then I 've watch his games and played in games but nothing seriously with the all thing about volley. The Big Bank came 2 years ago by watching the women's Olympic final. That day i became addicted. I starded searching more and more about Logan Tom, Sheilla, Fofao and the others players I impressed from. A year later i became member of this forum and i learn everything i know till now (thanks to you guys). Then i watched world grand prix and later some men's games. But women's volleyball took my attention more. I downloaded about a thousand volleyball games since now and i met old legends. Today one year after me big sock from what is volleyball i am a fanatic supported of this sport and follow all the games. I hope i will be able to luxuriate volleyball for the rest of my life. I just adoreeee volleyball :love:

• I don't remember when first time I've watched volleyball match, I think that was during OG in 1992, but I'm not sure.
    I started follow volleyball regularly since 2001, final Polish League between AZS Częstochowa and Mostostal Kędzierzyn Koźle.
    Since then I'm a big fan of AZS Częstochowa ;)

• Since 1998, although I did see the olympic final of 96 live as well. First match that I saw with my own eyes was CSKA Moscow VS Geove Vrevok (Dutch team that no longer exists).

• I started following volleyball since 2000. I have watched some games live before that (from the Bulgarian national championship), but I don't really remember which was my first one.. The first volleyball memories I have date back from Olympics 2000 when the brilliance of the Serbian NT lit the fire for me :) In this same year I switched from football to volleyball and never ever saw football as something more than a hobby! Because volleyball then became a religion for me :)

However, I think that the first ever volleyball game I watched was from the WL, maybe 1998 or 1999, it was Cuba against Bulgaria, and at those days we were always losing against them :D The first complete championship I followed was the ECH 2001, I still remember most of the games, and this is why I so desperately waited for games recorded from that tournament! Special thanks to LightMaster :thumbup:

• I started following volleyball since 2000. I have watched some games live before that (from the Bulgarian national championship), but I don't really remember which was my first one.. The first volleyball memories I have date back from Olympics 2000 when the brilliance of the Serbian NT lit the fire for me :) In this same year I switched from football to volleyball and never ever saw football as something more than a hobby! Because volleyball then became a religion for me :)

However, I think that the first ever volleyball game I watched was from the WL, maybe 1998 or 1999, it was Cuba against Bulgaria, and at those days we were always losing against them :D The first complete championship I followed was the ECH 2001, I still remember most of the games, and this is why I so desperately waited for games recorded from that tournament! Special thanks to LightMaster :thumbup:

Here is 1998 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIVB_World_League_1998 Two victories over Cuba in the group, later they got the World League. Bulgaria is the best possible sparing partner for future champions :wall:

• I follow volleyball since 1988. I still remember I watched with my dad the OG-final Seoul, Russia - USA. The game started at 3:00 AM in The Netherlands.

I still remember USA-team: Stork - Timmons, Buck - Partie, Kiraly - Cvrtlik.

• I follow volleyball since 1988. I still remember I watched with my dad the OG-final Seoul, Russia - USA. The game started at 3:00 AM in The Netherlands.

I still remember USA-team: Stork - Timmons, Buck - Partie, Kiraly - Cvrtlik.

I can relate. That same game was more or less a milestone from which I started following volleyball very intensely.
    That was probably the first game I taped. I watched it over and over, up to the point at which the tape totally deteriorated.
    Luckily it starts to show up again on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…rom=TL&videos=PTDFJ_Z0jkw