Italy NT 2010

• This is the official list of Barbolini for WGP:

Arrighetti, Barazza, Barcellini, Bechis :) , Bosetti :) , Cardullo :thumbup: , Crisanti, Del Core :thumbup: , Di Iulio :) , Gioli :super: , Lo Bianco :thumbsup: , Ortolani, Piccinini :heart: , Rondon :white:

I can't understand how can Rondon play in NT? She is doing bad in Yeltsin Cup, but she is always in the starting six... :?: WHY???

• Even I am surprised not to see Merlo in list, but I hope she 'll take the place of Rondon, in fact we have 3 setters and only 1 libero...

• Even I am surprised not to see Merlo in list, but I hope she 'll take the place of Rondon, in fact we have 3 setters and only 1 libero...

I confess I would like that change... :whistle:

I'll be in Sao Paulo cheering for the Italian girls!!!! :thumbup: Already bought my tickets! Some Brasilian Foppa fans will be there to support Italia! :super:

• :!: GREAT!!! I 'll see it on tv... You have to make some noise for me also :drink:

Foppa rules :super:

• :lol:

I will, I will! I'll be with Italian flag, all dressed up for Italy....if show in tv you will see is us!!! :P :drink: FORZA ITALIA!! Any sugestion for a song we can sing for the girls? :white:

• :lol:

I will, I will! I'll be with Italian flag, all dressed up for Italy....if show in tv you will see is us!!! :P :drink: FORZA ITALIA!! Any sugestion for a song we can sing for the girls? :white:

You can sing the classic POPOPOPOPOPOPO... Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4k6wQd-UZM&feature=related , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVBEpfplBQ&feature=related, but only when Italy wins...

• Is guiggi still recovering? :( I hope to see her soon in the national team.
    on the other hand, I'm seriously expecting to see Gioli plays as an opposite acctacker :D
    anyways, all I'm saying is GO ITALY, GO MARTINA :win:

• I've always wondered why Italy hasn't been able to find a better second MB. Gioli is so quick and one of the best MB's in the world while Barazza and even Guiggi just seemed like they could never really be up there with the top MB's in the game. I always thought Anzanello would've been a bigger player for the Italian NT and she's still young enough to play in one more Olympics if given the chance. Who are the top up and coming Italian MB's? Is Arighetti good enough?

• I've always wondered why Italy hasn't been able to find a better second MB. Gioli is so quick and one of the best MB's in the world while Barazza and even Guiggi just seemed like they could never really be up there with the top MB's in the game. I always thought Anzanello would've been a bigger player for the Italian NT and she's still young enough to play in one more Olympics if given the chance. Who are the top up and coming Italian MB's? Is Arighetti good enough?

I think yes Arighetti is one of the best and up coming MB of Italy. She is just 25 and she have already won champions League twice, a World grand prix bronze medal, a European champion gold and a grand champions cup gold. I hope she will be able to replace the legend Gioli in the future :obey:

• Gioli is so quick and one of the best MB's in the world while Barazza and even Guiggi just seemed like they could never really be up there with the top MB's in the game.

I wouldn't agree that Jenny Barazza was never in the mix as a top MB. I know that she isn't in a top shape right now, but back in the early 2000s, she was in her peak form and she blocked really well and she had a spring to her step. Watch the videos of her pre-Athens Olympics, other Italian MBs then were Paola Paggi and Manuella Lueguerri (Correct me if I'm wrong). Jenny was known more for her blocks than her offense (compared to Gioli).

Now, I do understand that she isn't performing that well right now and I do believe that Sara Anzanello should have been called to the NT to take her place since she has played well in the Italian League. But I think that Barbolini doesn't like her so she was not chosen for the NT.

Arighetti is leveling up in her game and I think that she can get the spot of Jenny right now as she blocks better and swings better.

• It's 2010, if a player was peaking in the EARLY 2000's then I think it's time they be replaced. Barraza just isn't an offensive threat and is pretty much ignored by opposing blockers.

• I think Barazza-Arrighetti should be better..Because Gioli is getting older..She is 33 years old..I don't think that she will play many tournaments with Italy NT(Maybe ECH 2011 could be the last championship for her)..But Barazza is 29 years old and she can play in Oliympic Games with Arrighetti..But for World Championship 2010 ,the best couple is for Italy Barazza-Gioli!!

• Also for the OH...Piccinini-Del Core seems too 'old' as well... Picci is 31 while Del Core is 30...although I would have to confess that both are doing extremely good for Italy!

I hope they'll find a good replacement...both will not play for Italy forever. Is Carolina Costagrande planning to play of Italy sometime in the future? She could be really good!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• But she is ,too, 30 years old :S

Ah really. Im sorry I didn't know. I though she was just 25 or 26..

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I think that the old-magnificent Italy's national team, that we all love :love: is going to end. Picci 31, Gioli 33, del core 30, lo bianco 31 :rose: .
    Those players have a few years left in the nt. I hope that they will stay as long as possible and be replaced respectively

Also for the OH...Piccinini-Del Core seems too 'old' as well... Picci is 31 while Del Core is 30...although I would have to confess that both are doing extremely good for Italy!

I hope they'll find a good replacement...both will not play for Italy forever. Is Carolina Costagrande planning to play of Italy sometime in the future? She could be really good!

• Do the Italians have the younger talent to remain amongst the top teams in the world? I haven't seen much information regarding the Italian Youth and Junior National teams, where as the other major NT's like Brazil or the USA for example all have pretty structured programs. Do the Italians have something similar or do they just rely on the youth coming through the Italian Professional League? I still think Picci is one of the best passing/defending OH's in the game. She's like a second libero back there. I'm going to miss Lo Bianco most of all though.

• I think that the old-magnificent Italy's national team, that we all love :love: is going to end.

When you think about it, they may actually play until they are 38 and still do well, but for the sake of team growth I guess that they have to have new blood on their team and I think that Barbolini did that by experimenting with Rondon during the past NT games.

Barraza just isn't an offensive threat and is pretty much ignored by opposing blockers.

I'm not sure if you watched Jenny's games during her Bergamo days. You'll see that she blocked well. But yes, she doesn't score by getting a lot of kills.