Italy NT 2010

• what about gioli would play as opposite? was it only speculatıon?

and there was a tall opposite in italy Youtn NT her name was drouf or somethıng lıke that. Where is she now?

• what about gioli would play as opposite? was it only speculatıon?

and there was a tall opposite in italy Youtn NT her name was drouf or somethıng lıke that. Where is she now?

I think since Ortolani is playing so well, Barbolini may have give up Gioli as opposite..hehehe

Diouf you mean. She played in club Italia last season, and It is in Junior NT of Italy. She signed with Bergamo this season. But I think she wont be in first team, she will be in second team, or maybe will be land. People say she is really good indeed.

I think Well, Italy team first team is old indeed, After Olympic Games most will leave Nt, but in other hand the second team is really young. Arrighetti, Bosetti, Barcellini, Crisanti, Ortolani, Rondon, Merlo can easily play two more Olympic cicles, of course, right now they dont have the quality of Italy first team, and Italy will miss most of all Lo bianco, but that is part, Lo Bianco is unique player, and any team in the world would miss her left. It is like Brasil with fofão, it is really hard to find player at their standart, and so young almost impossible...so now after 2012, what Italy needs is time. But I think Barbolini is doing a good thing putting this young girls to play. I think specially Arrighetti, Bosetti and Ortolani, will be really important in next cicle.

• I think Well, Italy team first team is old indeed, After Olympic Games most will leave Nt, but in other hand the second team is really young. Arrighetti, Bosetti, Barcellini, Crisanti, Ortolani, Rondon, Merlo can easily play two more Olympic cicles, of course, right now they dont have the quality of Italy first team, and Italy will miss most of all Lo bianco, but that is part, Lo Bianco is unique player, and any team in the world would miss her left. It is like Brasil with fofão, it is really hard to find player at their standart, and so young almost impossible...so now after 2012, what Italy needs is time. But I think Barbolini is doing a good thing putting this young girls to play. I think specially Arrighetti, Bosetti and Ortolani, will be really important in next cicle.

I agree with you. That's how the story is, i cant really think about all this happening it will be so weird with all this players leaving (specially lo bianco)but Barbolini is handle it with young players :drink:

• But after lo Bianco we have another great setter that is Ferretti, she's only 25. In the same role we have also Bechis 20yo. ok they are not to the same level of Leo, but they have real talent :thumbup:

As MB we have Guiggi, Arrighetti, Crisanti, Manzano... In OH Barcellini, DiIulio, Bosetti(she's only 20 and she plays like a veteran) and pay attention also to her sister Caterina that 'll be a champion... as Opp we have only Ortolani :what:

• But after lo Bianco we have another great setter that is Ferretti, she's only 25. In the same role we have also Bechis 20yo. ok they are not to the same level of Leo, but they have real talent :thumbup:

As MB we have Guiggi, Arrighetti, Crisanti, Manzano... In OH Barcellini, DiIulio, Bosetti(she's only 20 and she plays like a veteran) and pay attention also to her sister Caterina that 'll be a champion... as Opp we have only Ortolani :what:

I am sure that after this current team of italy it will be another one which will replace them respectively, Barbolini knows exactly what he is doing and he is working on it :thumbsup: Italy always have had young talents

• Ortolani is still so young and she is a bonafide star. I look forward to her leading the team in years to come. I'd like to see the Italian team really improve their blocking. Brazil, Cuba, Russia and the USA are so big at the net and scoring a lot of points with their block. I'd like to see the Italians be in that group's company blocking wise.

• I think Itali NT need more Opposite Hitter, Outside Hitter, Middle Blocker to prepare for World Championship:Costagrande,Angeloni,Quaranta,Ravetta, Vasileva, Marina Zambelli, Guiggi..... :heart: :heart:

• Lo Bianco has 31 years. I think she can play in Italy NT ultil 2016 when she will have 37 years. Fofão played in Brazil NT until 38 years, why Lo Bianco cannot do this in Italy NT?

What about Floriana Bertoni? She played in Club Italy too and she is tall. Does she play well?

• Lo Bianco has 31 years. I think she can play in Italy NT ultil 2016 when she will have 37 years. Fofão played in Brazil NT until 38 years, why Lo Bianco cannot do this in Italy NT?

What about Floriana Bertoni? She played in Club Italy too and she is tall. Does she play well?

The problem is that Lo Bianco has a severe problem in her back, so she cant make it to 2016, she is making hard work to get to 2012, and it is already difficult for her.

I think that is why Barbolini is giving many chances to young girls right now, maybe costing some results indeed, but it is thinking in future. They have most problem in OH position in my opinion...it will be ahrd to find replacments for Piccinini and Del Core, it is hard to find players their level now already in the world, cause they are top, so it will take time for Italy to find girls their level, but that is aprt of process, also Piccinini and Del Core worked a lot to geet where they are today...so...

But I think Italy can have a good future...

Setters - Ferretti (if she comes back), Rondon, Bechis, Signorile
    Middles - Arrighetti, Guiggi, Crisanti
    Opp - Ortolani
    OH - Bosetti, Di Iulio, Marcon, Barcellini, (maybe Fiorin can come back in future), Saccomanni
    Libero - Merlo, Siressi

They can make a good team, and we can also think about the Junior team of Italy, that is ging to play the Junior EUropean Team now, looks they have some great girls that soon can start having space in First Nt. So I usd to be more worried a couple of years ago about Italy future, but looking now, I think the work is going forward.

• Yes, but they need to have second setter on more than average level. Rondon is like wood, but Bechis seems to be more promising. However setters tend to play their best when they are over 25, so it needs time to reveal someone who could be second LoBianco. I agree with opinion about OH. Now Italy has really top of the world on this position. Only Brazil can compare on this position.

• Today coach Barbolini has sent out the list of athletes who will attend the last training session just before WGP 2011 qualification tournament.
    Arrighetti, Bosetti, Lo Bianco, Merlo, Ortolani e Piccinini = Foppapedretti Bergamo
    Barazza e Del Core = Eczacibasi Istanbul (Tur)
    Guiggi = Scavolini Pesaro;
    Costagrande e Gioli = Dinamo Mosca (Rus);
    Rondon = Despar Perugia
    Bechis = Asystel Novara;
    Di Iulio e Garzaro = Chateau d’Ax Urbino;
    Cardullo = Carnaghi Villa Cortese.

So Barbolini changed his mind and has called to Costagrande, while in july still he was saying- in an interview- that Carolina was likely to join the "nazionale" in 2011, anyway after the 2010 WC. I suppose that the lacklustre performance of his team in Ningbo WGP has brought him to reconsider his plans. I don't really think Costagrande has been called in only for the training... yet it must be noticed that Barcellini has been left out, since she performed poorly during the WGP final six. What will be the consequences of this unexpected change of plans? We've only to wait and see...

• Costagrande with Lobianco really looks amazing :lol: Piccinini is not enough for Italy right now.I still like watch Del Core but Piccinini??? :teach:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Costagrande with Lobianco really looks amazing :lol: Piccinini is not enough for Italy right now.I still like watch Del Core but Piccinini??? :teach:

I would not let Piccinini aside never, she didnt play well the final six in Grand Prix, true, but she is incredible player...and she already passed for some bad moments in her career, and she never gave up...not telling above this bad moment she had (She played amazing against Brasil in first week I must remember that but then I should also remember that in second week she felt fever and could not train and play, so she lost a lot there, maybe cause of that she was bad in last week cause her fisics were not good), she is in great shape right now, last year with Foppa she was amazing! I dont think I have to remember she played really great Champions League Final round. So I believe she just need time to prepare herself well!

I always believe in Picci!!!!Forza Francesca!!! ^^

• Yeah Martina comes back :rolll:

• has secolo rretired from NT?

• Italian volley fans wonder now about the pros and cons of Barbolini's decision to call Costagrande in.
    Actually, NT coach was not compelled to enlisting Carolina, for Italy can for sure grab at least the 3rd place in WGP2011 qualifications - even with the B-team who played in July in Rio de Janeiro (Rondon, Barcellini, Merlo, Ortolani, Dal Core/Picci). What's then the point behind his move?
    1) Barbolini may still say that his commitment to the group hasn't changed: Carolina may (perhaps) play in the qualification tournament, yet this does not entail she would enter the WCH list.
    2) The training session and the tournament would become a major test on the feasibility and the effectiveness of the new mix. Should it prove unviable, Barbolini would stick to the 'old' group.
    3) In the case the experiment would succeed, then there will be a big pressure upon the old group, (and upon Barbolini himself) for bowing to the necessity and bringing Carolina to the WCH.
    4) Don't forget that in the WCH Italy is likely to compete against USA and BRA in the group F in order to reach the semi-finals. A 3rd place in that group would keep ITA in the second-range (5th to 8th place). No need to recall the Ningbo WGP experience, when our N-team was crushed 0-3 by USA as well as by BRA... and you can't blame it (only) on Leo and Picci being in bad shape.
    Sorry 4 the long post... :wavy:

• I think Barbolini indeed will have a lot of preassure over him right now, but everything can be solved if he has the trust of the players....in that case, thye will understand his ideas, and work together to help the group, Italy go well, no matter who is playing.

Maybe it will have a lot of preassure from the outside, the italian supporters, who in my opinion should be patient, I know the girls didnt play well in final round of Grand Prix, but they were also not in best conditions, so should be carefull in the analises of that team.

I think If Barbolini decided to take Costagrande to WCH, he should start with her in bench. Specially if Piccinini and Del Core get back to their shape.

I dont see the team changing much if he decided to take Costagrande actually, cause if you think he would have to make a decision between taking Di Iulio or Barcellini, cause I think Bosetti already has his trust, and will be called for sure. HAving Costagrande is actually a great alternative to Barcellini and Di Iulio, and can make Italy much stronger, even if she starts in bench. The true is that we also dont know how Costagrande will act in a major NT championship, playing high level in clubs and in Nt is pretty different.

So teh team could be:
    Lo Bianco, Rondon
    Ortolani, Bosetti, Piccinini, Del Core, Costagrande
    Gioli, Barazza, Arrighetti, Guiggi
    Cardullo

So, not very different from the team that is now actually, still with room for the youngers like Bosetti, Arrighetti and Rondon, but with much more stronger group of 12! The true is that with Barcellini he didnt have a safe replacement for Picci or Del Core. And bringing Costagrande he now have, she will develop the work that Secolo use to have last year, when Italy won pretty much eveyrthing they played.

And if you rase the group for 14 players (though I htink in WCH still will be alound only 12, dont know who made that stupid decision!) Then he can still ahve one more OH he shoice (Barcellini or Di Iulio baclk) and take Merlo. I think that is the best way.

So, Italian fans should be patient now, and let them make they work in peace, not keep putting preassure on them. The wCH it will be hard for everyone, loosing dont mean a disaster, or that you played terible. I think the WCH it will be so close, that you can play very well and still dont have the best result. But I trust Italy if they get there with their best shape.

• Italy desperately needs to develop some new OH's. Bosetti is too small to be consistently good at this level and what I've seen from Barcellini didn't impress me either. Picci and Del Core didn't look in top physical form in the WP and against teams like the US and Brazil, both of which are extremely talented physically, Italy has to come into every tournament in their top form. Their last matches against Brazil and the US, Italy was completely dominated at the net.

• And if you rase the group for 14 players (though I htink in WCH still will be alound only 12, dont know who made that stupid decision!

The coach of Polish male team Daniel Castellani will take for World Championships 14 players so it's probably that on women's WC it will be allowed too. :P