Paweł Papke

• He has just finnished his professional career. He played many matches (143) in Polish NT. He spent last seasons in Resovia Rzeszów. Before that he had played in Mostostal Kędzierzyn-Koźle. He also won Polish League five times and was gold and silver medalist of Junior European Championships. His career could have been even better, but Papke used to get many severe injuries...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Aawww too bad, always thought papke was a good player. I remember when Poland beat Holland in 99' or something and he was so happy to have beaten the olympic champion, that was kind of the beginning of the era of Poland coming back on to the volleyball scene.

• Too bad Papke is quitting! My brightest memories of him come from the golden ages of Mostostal-Azoty, he was among my favorite opposites then :) Surely a great player, I am very happy I had the chance to watch him live when Resovia visited Lukoil Neftochimik for the Challenge Cup two seasons ago!

• I remember when Poland beat Holland in 99' or something and he was so happy to have beaten the olympic champion, that was kind of the beginning of the era of Poland coming back on to the volleyball scene.

Yeah, it was Sydney 2000 qulification. We beat Holland 3:1 and after that we lost to Yugoslavia 3:1, although we were leading 23-17 in the foruth set...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D