Italy Serie A1 2010-2011

• Does anyone can tell me the rules of Italian cup matches, which will be played on 19.1.2011. ? Is there one or two matches, etc? :huh: :sos:
    19.01.11 20:30 Brebanca Lannutti Cuneo - RPA Luigibacchi IT San Giustino
    19.01.11 20:30 Cimone Modena - Sisley Treviso
    19.01.11 20:30 Lube Banca Marche Macerata - Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia
    19.01.11 20:30 Trentino Volley - Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari

Thanks. :)

• Does anyone can tell me the rules of Italian cup matches, which will be played on 19.1.2011. ? Is there one or two matches, etc? :huh: :sos:
    19.01.11 20:30 Brebanca Lannutti Cuneo - RPA Luigibacchi IT San Giustino
    19.01.11 20:30 Cimone Modena - Sisley Treviso
    19.01.11 20:30 Lube Banca Marche Macerata - Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia
    19.01.11 20:30 Trentino Volley - Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari

Thanks. :)

one match wednesday, and then winners going to Verona for weekend where final four is playing :serve:

• one match wednesday, and then winners going to Verona for weekend where final four is playing :serve:

Thanks Raul (Hvala!) :drink:

• Mat Anderson is awesome :super: Way to go, dude! I've seen him play twice this season and he's been more than impressive.
    Too bad Simeonov is not playing.

• ITALIAN CUP QUARTERFINALS

Itas Diatec Trento- Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza: 3-0 (25-17, 25-16, 25-19)
    Casa Modena- Sisley Treviso: 1-3 (20-25, 35-33, 28-30, 16-25)
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata- Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia: 3-1 (25-27, 25-17, 25-17, 25-20)
    BreBanca Cuneo- Rpa San Giustino: 3-0 (25-10, 25-16, 26-24)

FINAL FOUR IN VERONA

Itas Diatec Trento - Sisley Treviso
    BreBanca Cuneo - Lube Banca Marche Macerata

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Wow, I'm shocked about some of the numbers of the game between Sisley and Modena. Points of block: 22 versus 2? Is this serious? That's a massive difference. Also, it seems strange that throughout the game Prandi changed half the team... Seems weird. Did anyone watch this game?

• Yay good subtitution for Horstink, hope they'll have him starting again soon :)

Yeah lot's of blocks for Treviso wow.

Also Stokr got 6 aces. I think Stokr is performing really well at Trentino. Of course the block isn't as focused on him as it would be at other teams :)

• The more balanced team won. Now it is easier for Trento,who will have less games and host advantage for CL

• The difference is the lack of Visotto and the arrival of Volkov. 211 cm against 203 - Birareli and Sala.

• If you saw how Vissoto's been playing in Brazil this season, you wouldn't say that. He's not reliable, too unstable. He's had some awful matches this year. Not sure if he could help Trentino a lot. Granted, Stokr and Sokolov didn't do much either in that game. I agree about Cuneo being more balanced, though. They have great players in every position, and Nikola, who's in excellent shape, made sure to take advantage of that. Besides, the whole team pretty much served like maniacs. I think it'll be interesting to see how these two teams behave in the rest of the season. Though Cuneo's always winning those important matches, it seems that against other teams they are not always this consistent. If they face a tough team like Macerata in the semis of the championship, for instance, I don't see they necessarily being clear favorites. Trentino, on the other hand, I think it'll take a miracle for them to be out of the final match.

• Visotto is generally not the most stable guy, but he is incredible at the final games - both for Brazil and Trento. He wouldn't have so many problems with Cuneo's block. About Sokolov - he scored 3/3 in attack. I didn't watch his game, but may be he was poor on defense?

• Seems like Trentino have overcome the Sisley Treviso syndrome only to acquire the Cuneo one :D A complete re-match of the Supercup indeed! Extremely clever Cuneo with Mastrangelo and Volkov unstoppable in the middle, especially true for the 100% efficient Volkov. He was MVP of the Supercup, deserved it again today even though Grbic got it, he almost made Birarelli and Sala cry. The main reason for the convincing defeat apart from the amazing Cuneo was the reception - perfect (a total lack of aces for Trento, ignoring the 15 errors) for the champions against mediocre for Juantorena, Kaziyski and Bari.

What's with Stokr's weaknesses? He should've been replaced today and never given a chance to come back since Sokolov came in perfectly with 3/3 in attack. Stokr was also weak yesterday. The only reasonable explanation is that perhaps he suffers from the "big derbies" syndrome - the guy has never played in a superb European team, these are some of his first serious games, with the Czech NT he doesn't play in big games that often, if any at all, besides, he's always played in underdog teams... Maybe he needs more self-confidence when big games come because he obviously misses it!

• Yes, Stokr made important unforced errors today.
    About Cuneo - the key word there is Parody. They have the best Italian OH, which allows them to have foreign MB and libero and they have complete roster. Bari, Sala and Birareli are good players, but Henno, Volkov and Mastrangelo are one level higher.
    When you add Grbic and Nikolov to the equation - both players are with long records in winning cups and titles (Trento players) and you have Wijsmans as a response to Kazyiski. Here it is the result.

About Cuneo - the key word there is Parody. They have the best Italian OH, which allows them to have foreign MB and libero and they have complete roster. Bari, Sala and Birareli are good players, but Henno, Volkov and Mastrangelo are one level higher.
    When you add Grbic and Nikolov to the equation - both players are with long records in winning cups and titles (Trento players) and you have Wijsmans as a response to Kazyiski. Here it is the result.

Amen to that!

True, but Kaziyski and Juantorena are better than Parodi and Wijsmans, which should be a key factor in most of the games since they take reception, serve and attack responsibility! But sometimes when middles are on fire (Volkov and Mastrangelo) that's not enough ;)

• Yes, I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Besides poor reception and bad play from Stokr, the other big miss today on Trentino's side was good blockers. Block made a big difference today, though the numbers don't necessarily show this. Nikola put Trentino's MB's on his pocket; he did whatever he wanted with them. Though Cuneo's numbers in block are not absurdidly higher, their blockers touched the balls a lot, providing chance of counter-attack. Italy doesn't produce great MB's anymore. Sala and Birarelli are ok, but nothing much, they are easily outplayed by MB's not only from Cuneo, but also from Macerata and Treviso.

About Sokolov, he wasn't bad, he should've stayed on court longer than Stokr. But I don't think it woul've made much difference. Trentino played without serve, block and reception today.

• Don't forget that Mastrangelo has higher touch than Sala and Birareli and Volkov is 211 cm. These things matter when you use the block for counteratack. Sala and Birareli are 202 cm