Russia NT 2010

• Russia will be in Trainning Camp in Rzeszow, Poland from 20/07 to 15/08

the team that will fly to Poland is:

Setters - Yevgenia Startseva e Irina Uraleva

Middles - Maria Borodakova, Yulia Merkulova, Maria Perepelkina, Elena Murtazaeva, Catherine Bogacheva

Attackers - Ekaterina Gamova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Olga Fateeva, Ksenia Naumova, Natalia Goncharova, Ludmila Malofeeva

Libero - Svetlana Kryuchkova, Ekaterina Kabeshova, Daria Vekshina

Regina Moroz is out, Olga Fateeva must join the group only 30/07.

Anyonw knows if Olga Sazhina and Vera Ulyakina are injuried?

• Sokolova is to join the team on July 28th :super: i think vera ulyakhina is going to poland too...i saw her name on a russian site
    russia will play friendly matches against poland and czech republic

• Sokolova is to join the team on July 28th :super: i think vera ulyakhina is going to poland too...i saw her name on a russian site

Sokolova :super: What do you think about Russia'n starting six? Especially OPP and OHs?

• HungryNecro, i agree with you.. i think sokolova will be very important in russian team, she is the best receiver in this team and, even not being in her best form, she attacks better than fateeva

• HungryNecro, i agree with you.. i think sokolova will be very important in russian team, she is the best receiver in this team and, even not being in her best form, she attacks better than fateeva

I totaly agree with you and I am very happy to see her in our National League :super: I think Sokolova will play as OH..Kosheleva is playing very good as OPP..I think Gamova and Sokolova will be OHs and Kosheleva will be OPP(with receiving).. :win:

• Olga Sazhina injured her knee during Russia NT training.She is out from Russia NT now and she needs 3-5 months for healing.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Sokolova joined the national team again. Great news for Russia :win:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Official Release: Head Coach Vladimir Kuzyutkin selected 18 Players in World Championships

Setter: Evgeniya Startseva, Vera Ulyakina,

Attacker: Tatiana Kosheleva, Olga Fateeva, Ksenia Naumova, Natalia Goncharova, Lyudmila Malofeeva, Ekaterina Gamova, Lesya Makhno, Lyubov Sokolova,

Middle Blocker: Maria Perepelkina(Duskryadchenko), Yulia Merkulova, Ekaterina Bogacheva, Maria Borisenko (Borodakova), Elena Murtazaeva

Libero: Svetlana Kryuchkova, Daria Vekshina, Ekaterina Kabeshova

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Goncharova and Gamova as OH would be a deadly combo. I just don't know with the reception.

Sokolova could be the opposite although Kosheleva is doing well.

This Russian team will place high in World Champs! (The draw has favored them as well)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Making Gamova and Goncharova the OH is pure suicide for Russia. Their reception will suffer if Goncharova will be receiving. Sokolova, Koshelava and Gamova will be better at this point as the addition of Sokolova will stabilize the reception. Sokolova will also bring a lot of energy and leadership to the team.

• Ekaterina Kabeshova having a serious knee injury which might affect her for the following game in national team. She was leaving the team a while but everything need to see her condition

• Kuzyutkin told about problems in Russian team before WGP qualifications.

"This tournament (WGPQ) will be the general rehearsal before WC. I figure on this final period of preparation. I'd like it to be without force majeures and injuries. We have not so many players who can fight for the best result. In case of injuries it won't be that easy for us to change our leaders.
    Best players are in team right now. Of course we have problem positions. There are injuried players. Murtazaeva is not in shape at all, Gamova still suffers from her injury, Sokolova is gaining her shape only. They are not ready to play at 100%. Those players are main players and they are very important for the team. We are working for the 3,5 months. But how can I say that it's going well when the best players are not there. Of course they are working but just nominally. Some players are training for 3 months, some for 1. I can't train those who are working for just 1 month the way I do with those who work for 3 months. We have to do everything not to "break" them, to avoid injuries. It leaves traces on the work. the last thing I want to happen is that some people may reckon my words to be an excuse or that I'm finding an alibi for myself. Life makes amendments and we have to reckon with it."

Well.... It sounds really pessimistic but I think tournament in Italy will show condition of the team. If Russia plays badly then they will fail WC for sure because I doubt that they will improve much during one month. I really want to believe that Kuzyutkin is exaggerating a bit.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

Edited once, last by Nick ().

• I am so damn happy that Sokolova is coming back for Russia. Happy like dying. She's gonna lighten up Russia's team together with all the teammates. Gosh, I couldn't wait more longer to see Sokolova and Gamova fighting together for Russia! :woohoo:

• I have not seen Sokolova play so often. And for her being badly needed by the national team at the age of 30+, she must be very good. I was wondering when time comes that she retires and Gamova will be 30 in the next few year. who will lead the team. Is there someone who follow their footstep aside from Koshleva?

• I have not seen Sokolova play so often. And for her being badly needed by the national team at the age of 30+, she must be very good. I was wondering when time comes that she retires and Gamova will be 30 in the next few year. who will lead the team. Is there someone who follow their footstep aside from Koshleva?

Gamova is already 30 yo.
    firstly,Goncharova is an incredible attacker, though she's too weak at reception. also there's Duskryadchenko. she's way faster than Borodakova and Merkulova, so she might be used much. honestly, I expected for Fateeva 2 years ago, but since she's been terrible in NT...I quit expecting. even Naumova is better than her. Naumova is 20 yo, and 190cm. she's not the same level as Kosheleva or Goncharova yet, but she did a great job last year in NT during the WGP.

I don't have a clue about Malofeeva and the others. I barely have seen them in NT :whistle: hopefully it's gonna be a good answer anyways.