2nd Asian Men’s Cup

• looks like all teams (except Japan) are competing with their A team, (not sure about Australia). Japan A team is busy for World League Qualifications.

I think China and Iran are the main favorites for this tournament. today Iran lost two sets to India which was really surprising

• Korea win against second Team Japan in tie break? I think this Team will lost place in World League 2011. From this tournamet next year will be Team in first round qualification to World League 2012.

• Korea win against second Team Japan in tie break? I think this Team will lost place in World League 2011. From this tournamet next year will be Team in first round qualification to World League 2012.

I checked their roster, this was Korea A vs Japan B. Japanese team is a different team with a different coach.

http://www.volleyball.ir/image…atch%203_%20kor-jpn11.jpg

The first match of any tournament is always difficult , today the same Korea beat Australia A 3-2 ! and Japan B lost 3-0 to Kazakhstan !

• Unpredictable results in pool B,Kazakhstan defeated Korea.Moreover,Iran won over China again in the tie break.

Quarterfinals:
    Australia-Chinese Taipei
    China-Kazakhstan
    Iran-Japan
    Korea-India

• Iran-China was the best match of the tournament so far, China won the first 2 sets but Iran came back after 2 changes in the roster and won the match. Iran didn't play very well but won the match just because of the fans, the atmosphere of the match was incredible, (in official report they wrote 1500 spectators but it is wrong, the correct number is 7500) Uroumieh is deservingly Iran's volleyball capital.

I think Korea-India will be the closest quarterfinal, India is a tricky team, they were very unlucky in both 2007 and 2009 Asian Championships.

• India beat Korea and Chinese Taipei beat Australia. Shock in Volleyball World. New point.

• Actually,India played quite well,it's out of my expectation.For Australia,they had not use Carroll in the starting six,it's quite hard for them to play.Anyway,the final is Iran-China.