Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• This match showed how vulnerable Polish team is against good serves, plus they had 5 exhausting sets today, so it's good that Germany could meet them in semifinals, certainly it won't be easy but I think Russia would be harder.

Fortunately we didn't play with staring six all the time. Some players like Skorupa, Skowrońska or Żebrowska were substituted :whistling: I'm angry that we played 5 sets. :mad:
    As for Germany...They have worse situation than POL because they don't have a day off since Wendsday. Yesterday POL didn't play so maybe we don't be so exhausted in semifinal. RUS is especially discriminated. The final match can be 5th in a row for them...I think it's not a by a chance :P

Im really glad we won this one beacuse otherwise I would have felt much more like 2004 Baku happening before our eyes again.

Please don't mention Baku 2004 :lol: It's the worst and saddest tournament I have ever watched. I still can't stand the fact that we missed Ahens 2004 :mad:

• It would be a complete joke if set ratio was more important that number of victories :roll: But who knows, maybe CEV will make a last minute change of rules if Turkey doesn't want to meet Russia in semifinals.

About GER-BUL, we never lost against Bulgaria since 2002 (maybe because we played against them only 1 or 2 times since then :D ), and our goal is to qualify for OG, so I'm sure every player will give 120% today to win the match. Surely Bulgaria has good players but they didn't look convincing as team in the previous matches. Match should start in about 20 minutes...

• Turkish commandater said set ratio will decide which team will be the group leader and according to my calculation only if Russia beat Nederland 3-0 they can be the gruop leader

The game broadcasted on tv? on which channel?

Btw congrats to both teams. Almost all games of group B ended with 5 sets, incredible. We may see a final between two group A teams. :D

• The game broadcasted on tv? on which channel?

Btw congrats to both teams. Almost all games of group B ended with 5 sets, incredible. We may see a final between two group A teams. :D

sports tv

and now he is saying that again if Russia wins 3-0 today Russia will be the group leader.

• It would be a complete joke if set ratio was more important that number of victories :roll: But who knows, maybe CEV will make a last minute change of rules if Turkey doesn't want to meet Russia in semifinals.

About GER-BUL, we never lost against Bulgaria since 2002 (maybe because we played against them only 1 or 2 times since then :D ), and our goal is to qualify for OG, so I'm sure every player will give 120% today to win the match. Surely Bulgaria has good players but they didn't look convincing as team in the previous matches. Match should start in about 20 minutes...

it would be better to go to londan without meeting any opponents at semi/finals...Cev hear me pls.... :lol:

• sports tv

and now he is saying that again if Russia wins 3-0 today Russia will be the group leader.

Look here: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…98&PID=1141&type=Overview

1st column: ranking points
    2nd column: number of matches won
    3rd column: sets ratio
    4th column: ball points ratio

So unless CEV will change rules in the last minute there is no way Russia can win the group with one defeat while Poland has none.

• We can see the colour of seats perfectly :roll:

Cmmon set ratio was usually more significant than W/L after points in most of tournaments.Here everyone behaves selfish for their teams benefits,this is so natural but the topic always turn to Turkey :thumbdown: I think you shouldn't believe everything that Guidetti writes :whistle:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Look here: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…98&PID=1141&type=Overview

So unless CEV will change rules in the last minute there is no way Russia can win the group with one defeat while Poland has none.

I really don't know but Turkish commandater said many times that set ratio will decide even he said about 5 minutes ago, maybe he didn't study his lesson well :) but he has been in the hall since the begining of the tournement I doubt that he would make such a mistake couse he is quite into the volleyball

• From the Official CEV Communication :

4.7.2.1 The ranking of teams is determined by the points awarded for matches won and lost.
    4.7.2.2 Points awarded per match to each team:
    • Winner 3:0 or 3:1 3 points
    • Winner 3:2 2 points
    • Loser 2:3 1 point
    • Loser 1:3 or 0:3 0 point
    4.7.2.3 In case of equality in the number of points gained by two or several teams, they will be classified in
    descending order by the number of matches won.

4.7.2.4 If the tie persists, as per number of matches won, they will be classified in descending order by the
    set quotient resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost.
    4.7.2.5 If the tie persists, as per the set quotient, they will be classified in descending order by the set points
    quotient resulting from the division of all set points scored by the total of set points lost during all sets.
    4.7.2.6 If the tie continues, as per the sets points quotient, the teams are ranked according to the result(s) of
    the match(es) they have been disputing between them.

• I mean I prefet to see that than ranks of soldiers lile in some halls :whistle:

• So now semifinals look this:
    Poland - Germany/Bulgaria
    Turkey - Russia/The Netherlands
    The most probable is POL-GER and TUR-RUS, other results will be surprises.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

I really don't know but Turkish commandater said many times that set ratio will decide even he said about 5 minutes ago, maybe he didn't study his lesson well :) but he has been in the hall since the begining of the tournement I doubt that he would make such a mistake couse he is quite into the volleyball

Yes, commentator said it again, the leader of Group B still not certain and be clear after the RUS - NED game. But come on, that would be so silly. Poland got all the games and any possibility on the same points they should prevail their opponents.

• Could you pls tell me what is set and point ratio and how they calculated?

• Set ratio: you divide won sets and lost sets
    Points ratio: you divide points won and points lost

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Set ratio: you divide won sets and lost sets
    Points ratio: you divide points won and points lost

thank you :flower: :flower:

• I wonder if Bulgaria NT is not underrated :white:

• I don't know but as I said before Turkish commandater said set ratio will decide not match results.

This is stupid :down: But nothing really can surprise me any more, to be honest...

Look here: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…98&PID=1141&type=Overview

I hope so.