Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• I can't wait for them :lol:

Polish Users sharpen the tips of lightning and create the hard balls of hail :D

Hope for a fairy match then everybody will congratulate each other in peace :thumbsup:

Hehe Polish users preparing for battle after the match i like this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Tatiana Kosheleva has a injury, thats the reason for her bad perfomance, and its pretty serious, but we will only know how in some days when the MRI have been done in Moscow.

what a time for injury! ;( I hope it's not that serious and she'll be able to participate and perform well in the olympics.

• I think Turkey will take a easy win today, everything but a victory in three or four sets will surprise me. But I will support Poland!

I think that team of Turkey is great, Neriman( I love her fighting)and Neslihan are awesome in attack, middle blockers and libero are great too, I think that it's similar to polish team. We are having in attack Skowrońska, Żebrowska... Werblińska with Serbia played her best in attack and was fantastic, receivers are similar, Maj plays great torunament...I'm affraid of serving, if Turkey will serve great we're gonna to have big problems, especially with Eda and Bahar...but when it'll be ok, we will play lot's of balls with middle blockers, I think that Skorupa is having less problems with setting to MB than Naz, we play faster volleyball than Turkey but reception must be satisfied...but Turkey is a great team, I think that we'll be watching 5 sets.I hope so that your prediction won't come true.

• That's very unprofessional :white: I hope the FIVB decides to give another chance to Germany since They're higher than PuerTorico.

There isn´t any logic on your sentence!
    The hightest ranked NORCECA team plays the World Qualification Tournament, so WHY Germany should go?
    If Cuba is not going, so it´s obvious that the next NORCECA must go.

• I think that team of Turkey is great, Neriman( I love her fighting)and Neslihan are awesome in attack, middle blockers and libero are great too, I think that it's similar to polish team. We are having in attack Skowrońska, Żebrowska... Werblińska with Serbia played her best in attack and was fantastic, receivers are similar, Maj plays great torunament...I'm affraid of serving, if Turkey will serve great we're gonna to have big problems, especially with Eda and Bahar...but when it'll be ok, we will play lot's of balls with middle blockers, I think that Skorupa is having less problems with setting to MB than Naz, we play faster volleyball than Turkey but reception must be satisfied...but Turkey is a great team, I think that we'll be watching 5 sets.I hope so that your prediction won't come true.

Yes, as u say, the match-up players/players is pretty equal in both teams, but I just think the crowd support and judges might be crucial. Just the fact that Turkey think they will get the close situations and Poland know they will not, is a crucial factor for me, they can play more relaxed and focus on the right things. Kozuch, Grun and Gamova have already lost their focus and temper with complaining to judges, we will se how Poland handles it.

Last of all, one of the big advantages to play at home is that u will get more decisions from the judges. Its not only in Turkey, but almost everywhere in the world. Just watch a NBA game, all players are not threated equally there either. I dont like that in qualies to olympics some teams gets this obvious advantages, but it is what is, not so much to do about it.

• Yes, as u say, the match-up players/players is pretty equal in both teams, but I just think the crowd support and judges might be crucial. Just the fact that Turkey think they will get the close situations and Poland know they will not, is a crucial factor for me, they can play more relaxed and focus on the right things. Kozuch, Grun and Gamova have already lost their focus and temper with complaining to judges, we will se how Poland handles it.

Last of all, one of the big advantages to play at home is that u will get more decisions from the judges. Its not only in Turkey, but almost everywhere in the world. Just watch a NBA game, all players are not threated equally there either. I dont like that in qualies to olympics some teams gets this obvious advantages, but it is what is, not so much to do about it.

you're right, but we're having experienced players, Skowrońska played here, she knows what's going on here... the rest polish player's played in big tournament's, the audience is nearly as noise as in polish hall's, so I've a hope that girls will be concentrete...they are doing great job and have done more than others expected, Skowrońska says that they are nothing to loose and the Turkey?don't you think that the audience can help but this big pressure will not help them as it has?

• Yes, Poland play without so much pressure, it can be the kee for them! Obviously home court is only a advantage if u can handle it, and its most difficult in a final. We have seen many home teams fail in situations like this before, so nothing is certain yet.

• Poland has got to serve very tough, like they have been the past few matches, and pass the ball at a very high percentage for them to win. Turkey has a really good serving team and we saw how much they stressed Russia's two-person service reception. Can Skowrońska and/or Zebrowska hold up to the service pressure? That will be key. Poland is also going to need to get kills in transition. Russia had so many attempts in rallies and Turkey popped everything up in defense and scored in transition. More than being blocked, I think being dug repeatedly has huge negative psychological affects on an attacker and makes them frustrated. Poland cannot get frustrated in extended rallies and realize they might need more than just one swing to put the ball away.

Does Motta take Neriman's performance into consideration and finally start her in the match or is he going to use her as a sub off the bench? Naz's connection with the middle was pretty bad yesterday and I expect that to improve today. The Turkish block was very good and they're going to need to continue that to win.

I am rooting for Poland but I think with the way Turkey is playing and the home court advantage they will take the win. I'd like to see some new faces in the Olympics and I think Turkey would be able to make a good run.

Also, it's unfortunate that Cuba decided to not send their women's team to the world qualification tournament. Will be very strange Olympics without Cuba competing but the only teams that truly deserve it are the ones that earn it and their play has been poor the entire quadrennial. It's a tough situation for Cuban volleyball players as more and more of them are being able to leave for professional careers that there is a clear lack of focus on the NT. It's almost as if they are playing for the NT just so they can leave the country. Their coaches are also all old-school and the game has changed a lot in the last decade. I hope to see their program revitalized in the future because the quality of athletes they produce is still tremendous.

Congrats to Dominican Republic and their trip back to the Olympics! I just hope they don't upset the USA like they did in 2004 :) They are still not a technically superior team but they have Bethania de la Cruz and other teams do not and that's really what it comes down to.

• I'm happy for Turkey and Poland but I'm very sad for Germany...!!
    Ozsoy has been great yesterday, let's see what will happen today! I personally support Poland but I think that it will be very difficult today, it's the last chance for both and nobody will give up!
    I think that Russia will have to work harder if they want to arrive in London and make something godd there!

• If Poland wants to win I think the key will be to neutralize the attackers of Turley

• Germany deserves another possibility...! european level is higher that NORCECA's...

Germany doesn't "deserve"anything. They had their chances at the WC and here and they didn't produce. The rules are already laid out with the highest ranked Norceca team going to the qualification tournament. It would make absolutely no sense for the FIVB to change that policy just so Germany could play.

• Germany doesn't "deserve"anything. They had their chances at the WC and here and they didn't produce. The rules are already laid out with the highest ranked Norceca team going to the qualification tournament. It would make absolutely no sense for the FIVB to change that policy just so Germany could play.

I mean that it is a pity not to see Germany in London...Fivb mustn't change anything just for Germany but I think they're stronger than Puerto Rico and for the results they achieved recently they would have deserved another possibility! but the rules aren't like that...