Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• In an ideal world I'd like to see Colombia upset Brazil and take the CSV spot just so we could see Montano and Pino in the Olympics :)

• In an ideal world I'd like to see Colombia upset Brazil and take the CSV spot just so we could see Montano and Pino in the Olympics :)

Hahaha...even if the worst club team in Brazilian Superleague played the CSV qualification that would never happen.

• ok
    So Europe could get 5 spots (with England ... :lol: ). Not so bad !

• It would be more fair if Asia had their own qualifications like every other continent, and then on world qualifications to have 3 European and 3 Asian teams (instead of 4 Asian and 2 European), with 3 spots for Olympics available.

• So, a little more than 1 hour left until the big final...after all the two best teams play there so I expect a good match. The "good" thing is that I can watch totally relaxed because it doesn't really matter to me who wins, all I want is a fair match and that the better team wins and that there will be no refereeing controversies and such...

For me, the biggest revelation of the tournament was Katarzyna Skorupa. I wrote once before that I never used to like her so much (though I liked Sadurek even less), I never understood why so many people wanted her back in NT, and even in Urbino I thought she was OK but not really outstanding. But in this tournament, her performance is absolutely brilliant, I think she is the main key for Polish success. She creates a very balanced and fast offense, even from not so good receptions. Actually I think sometimes Polish team plays like male teams, especially the way they sometimes run the pipe, that looks very much like men Volleyball. Also the experiment with playing with 2 Opposites turned out to be good, even if it causes problems in reception sometimes, but Zebrowska and Skowronska usually are good enough in attack to make up for it.

• Hello everyone! :wavy:

Match will start in one hour? Can somebody post some live links?

Thank you so much!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• What a stressful day :S I'm so nervous today :!:

not only for You, I have stomach pain :wacko: :P

• I hope the powerful and mighty turkish federation gave so much money to judges and cev, that we dont even need to play the final and advance to london !

• Kosheleva will probably be replaced with Alisheva in the Russian squad if she cant play. Then she will be reserve for Gamova at the OPP spot and Goncharova takes the OH spot.

• So, a little more than 1 hour left until the big final...after all the two best teams play there so I expect a good match. The "good" thing is that I can watch totally relaxed because it doesn't really matter to me who wins, all I want is a fair match and that the better team wins and that there will be no refereeing controversies and such...

For me, the biggest revelation of the tournament was Katarzyna Skorupa. I wrote once before that I never used to like her so much (though I liked Sadurek even less), I never understood why so many people wanted her back in NT, and even in Urbino I thought she was OK but not really outstanding. But in this tournament, her performance is absolutely brilliant, I think she is the main key for Polish success. She creates a very balanced and fast offense, even from not so good receptions. Actually I think sometimes Polish team plays like male teams, especially the way they sometimes run the pipe, that looks very much like men Volleyball. Also the experiment with playing with 2 Opposites turned out to be good, even if it causes problems in reception sometimes, but Zebrowska and Skowronska usually are good enough in attack to make up for it.

Kasia is great, I will see her first time in such important match, in NT she was the second setter for a long time,she's never played on huge pressure, but I think she's so stablished,self-confident and she never give up....Moreover, she's playing fast with lot's of combination and if there's a good reception-attackers aren't having the block, this moments are great. It's new conception of polish women's volleyball, she's better setter than Milena Radecka.I wish good luck for her and team!

• Kasia is great, I will see her first time in such important match, in NT she was the second setter for a long time,she's never played on huge pressure, but I think she's so stablished,self-confident and she never give up....Moreover, she's playing fast with lot's of combination and if there's a good reception-attackers aren't having the block, this moments are great. It's new conception of polish women's volleyball, she's better setter than Milena Radecka.I wish good luck for her and team! I think that on this position we're better that Turkey, Naz doesn't play lot's of combination with MB.

• I hope the powerful and mighty turkish federation gave so much money to judges and cev, that we dont even need to play the final and advance to london !

:rolll: no doubt that they did like this :D

Yes, yesterday they bought Sokolova and Gamova so they played for Turkey instead, now they will also say to Skowronska and Werblinska to play with 30% or less effectivity ;)

• Top 3 and the best ranked Asian team outside top 3.

hahaha FIVB favor to asian teams :lol: