Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Watching the replay of Turkey-Russia match.

Russia is playing bad, never seen them play this bad.

Turkey's main problem lies within its OHs. To me, they will really benefit from a better attacking OH (my opinion)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• is it true that Neslihan has a fever today or smth ? people at plusliga wrote that :D

I heared the same that she got 38,5C fever but she will play for sure no matter what is her situation she is 29 and she will not let skip this match while OG is so close :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• And what is the justice that Asian teams can quali in World Qualification 4 teams (It wont happen we know, but they have a possibility, since they all fight for the asian spot plus the 3 world quali spot) and European teams, that are way better have only 2 spots, why also Europe cant have the chance to quali 3 in World qualification?

So...again, everything i wrong in Olympic Qualification system.

Well done FIVB to make Olympic Games suck in quality matter! ;)

• The success of Turkey NT is really based on the level of competition in domestic league. Turkish League is one of the top leagues in Europe(other than Italy and Russia).
    If you consider last couple of years, I would say the most difficult league in Europe, competition wise most probably is Turkish League, due to teams like Fener, Vakif, Eczaci and Gala.

So this does effect the level play in NT, and trust to themselves and each other. Turkey won silver and bronze medals as NT last ten years in Europe and I foresee a gold medal in 5-7 years span, be ECH or Grand Prixes.

As of Todays matches, I think mentally Turkish players are stronger, for Poland I have hesitations especially for Skowronska. She might not perform top level under pressure. That's what I saw when she was playing for Fener.

At the end these two teams were far better than the rest of the teams in this Tournament. I wish good luck to all.

• For me, the biggest revelation of the tournament was Katarzyna Skorupa. I wrote once before that I never used to like her so much (though I liked Sadurek even less), I never understood why so many people wanted her back in NT, and even in Urbino I thought she was OK but not really outstanding. But in this tournament, her performance is absolutely brilliant, I think she is the main key for Polish success. She creates a very balanced and fast offense, even from not so good receptions. Actually I think sometimes Polish team plays like male teams, especially the way they sometimes run the pipe, that looks very much like men Volleyball. Also the experiment with playing with 2 Opposites turned out to be good, even if it causes problems in reception sometimes, but Zebrowska and Skowronska usually are good enough in attack to make up for it.

Matthias, I love your words about Skorupa :obey: Paradoxically, I've read many comments on polish websites, that she's got bad tournament, her sets are inaccurate and very easy to predict for opponents. I can't agree with these opinions, I think she changed game a lot, of course, it's normal, that after 3 weeks of trainings nothing looks perfect, but her fast balls to wings is something, that we didn't have when the main setter in the national team was Radecka. I remember, when in 2010 Matlak decided to resign from Skorupa and Skowronska, I wonder now if it wasn't a key of our disgrace in World Championships, where we had a lot of chances for good result, but our game was easy(just Glinka and Werblinska).

GO POLAND, YOU CAN DO IT! :super:

• May the best team wins! A trip to London Olympic Games! Good luck Turkey and Poland!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)