Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Spiker stats for Russias attackers so far in WQT:

2. Estes Evgenia RUS 24p 50.00 %
    3. Goncharova Nataliya RUS 37p 49.33 %
    4. Gamova Ekaterina RUS 39p 46.99 %

• Indeed Russia is playing better now as u say Joana...must make the coach a bit confused, when they play better with Estes and Natasha (both very impressing so far IMO), than they played with their "original" OHs in Sokolova and Kosheleva. Well, its a kind of "luxury" problem I guess but anyway hehe

I think this will really cause confusion on the coach. Obmochaeva/Estes or Kosheleva/Sokolova? I noticed that Obmochaeva is receiving decently in this tournament, enough for Startseva to set. That is a very good sign. In fact, she is second in best receiver.

2 8 Goncharova Nataliya RUS 25 2 15 42 54.76

By the way, Anton, will Kosheleva play in the Olympics given her back injury? Can she recover in time for the Olympics?

• Spiker stats for Russias attackers so far in WQT:

2. Estes Evgenia RUS 24p 50.00 %
    3. Goncharova Nataliya RUS 37p 49.33 %
    4. Gamova Ekaterina RUS 39p 46.99 %

Estes is playing like she is still in her twenties. Still very powerful, specially those attacks between Zone 3 and 4. And I can see her smiling often, not like before.

• But how will teams do what they suppose to when they are complitelly exausted, missing tons of players...that is my main problems..for some is easy to quali for others so hard, so tiring....that is unfair, the road should be the same or at least close to everyone.

I guess you're talking about Serbia. Injury problems could happen any time, either because of an accident or personal strength/precaution. Yes, it's sad that Serbia lost their OHs, but no one else is responsible for that but Serbia themself.

I doubt playing more significant matches will cause exaustion after a week. In fact, it is a good opportunity to practice, to try new techniques, to assure if you're well-prepared to play against good teams. Saying Serbia lost to Thailand because of that, just doesn't sound convincing. By having the same schedule, Russia beat Thailand, Korea and Cuba in straight games for that matter.

• I think this will really cause confusion on the coach. Obmochaeva/Estes or Kosheleva/Sokolova? I noticed that Obmochaeva is receiving decently in this tournament, enough for Startseva to set. That is a very good sign.

My thoughts exactly. For someone originally playing as an OPP, it must be a double effort for Goncharova to receive. I was doubtful with Estes' shape but she proved me wrong. I also like to add that Startseva is giving more balls to the MBs than before (Finally). about the confusion, I agree with anton, it's a "problem" you won't mind having. : ) But I wonder, will Ovchinnikov still bring two liberos in London? It would be unfair to Kabeshova/Ulanova or Makhno to be cut out from the team in the last minute. Hmmm...

• My thoughts exactly. For someone originally playing as an OPP, it must be a double effort for Goncharova to receive. I was doubtful with Estes' shape but she proved me wrong. I also like to add that Startseva is giving more balls to the MBs than before (Finally). about the confusion, I agree with anton, it's a "problem" you won't mind having. : ) But I wonder, will Ovchinnikov still bring two liberos in London? It would be unfair to Kabeshova/Ulanova or Makhno to be cut out from the team in the last minute. Hmmm...

I think the coach should bring Ulanova, not Makhno. Makhno will not be of use, since Estes is there to replace Sokolova.

• I think the coach should bring Ulanova, not Makhno. Makhno will not be of use, since Estes is there to replace Sokolova.

No, Sokolova will play in olympics, its her intention right now at least, im sure! The only way she will not, is if Ovechnikov kick her out after she refused to play now, something I highely doubt.

• Sokolova will play in olympics, its her intention right now at least, im sure! The only way she will not, is if Ovechnikov kick her out after she refused to play now, something I highely doubt.

My apologies, what I meant was Estes is there to replace or substitute Sokolova if she does not play well. I am 100% sure that Sokolova will play too.

• I guess you're talking about Serbia. Injury problems could happen any time, either because of an accident or personal strength/precaution. Yes, it's sad that Serbia lost their OHs, but no one else is responsible for that but Serbia themself.

I doubt playing more significant matches will cause exaustion after a week. In fact, it is a good opportunity to practice, to try new techniques, to assure if you're well-prepared to play against good teams. Saying Serbia lost to Thailand because of that, just doesn't sound convincing. By having the same schedule, Russia beat Thailand, Korea and Cuba in straight games for that matter.

Im sorry but I dont agree with you at all.

Of course injuries can be incidents, but Im have no doubt to say that when you have such a bad calendar as european had, the chances to get injury are way higher, not telling the less time to recover. Serbia had to play European Championship, World Cup, European Olympic Qualification...all very demanding tournaments.
    Asians had the time off till end of clubs seasons..could prepare calmlly, and only now playing their continental tournament;;.so how that is not unfair?

And I also think playing a harder tournament is more exausting...not only physicly but mentally. You need to be prepared everyday, you can play 50%, you have to be always 100% and that is hard after so exausting season.

So well, at least in my opinion, there is not fair in the way qualification system happens..