Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• From my lips to God's ears then :D

Brakocevic 5kills, 1 error out of 9 attacks in the 2nd set

an ace and 4 out of 4 attacks in the 3rd set.

She fires 2nd and 3rd sets :lol:

• It's true that the Europeans had to play more, but it's not right to attribute all their injuries to their schedule. Even if the liklihood of injury is increased, and I don't believe the increase is too significant, additional matches help strengthen players' minds and spirits for the ultimate tournament: the Olympic Games. However, It can't be proved that playing more matches is an advantage or disadvantage for a team. An "exhausting" schedule is just an excuse for an upset loss to Thailand. Personally, I think, and hope Serbia will eventually make their way to the Olympics. However, they still must prove that they are good enough to compete and worthy of the opportunity, which is something that Russia is doing.

• 16-15 match has become very tough :dance4:

• Which Kim.

Kim YK hitting a massive 24 kills, 3 errors in 39 swings!

Yes, Kim YK :) I began to watch from 3rd set, she wasnt so effective, but now she plays good. I didnt look the statistics, just what I see ^^

• Congratulations Serbia Brakocevic shined :rose:

• Bravo Serbia!!!What a come back! Im so happy for them! Brakocevic made her best game in Nt this year! ^^ I hope they keep improving...great defense today!

Just sad for Rasic :( I hope is nothing to serious, she is so important to the team..but Veljkovic hadle really well, great match for her as well!
    congrats Serbia!

• Yes, Kim YK is not enough! :wacko:

But still Korea can qualify, Fighting :super:

• 5 Krsmanovic 7 points
    6 Malesevic 8 points
    10 Ognjenovic 8 points

HAHAHA. Great.

• Yes, Kim YK is not enough! :wacko:

But still Korea can qualify, Fighting :super:

With Thailand if Thailand will beat Korea 3-0, Serbia will lose to Japan and Russia and won't be other suprises.

• With Thailand if Thailand will beat Korea 3-0, Serbia will lose to Japan and Russia and won't be other suprises.

1. Russia
    2. Japan
    3. Thailand
    4. Serbia
    5. Korea

if Korea gave a 3-0 win to Thailand on May 26
    this rank would make real sense this time....
    Serbia will be eliminated...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• that would be really ugly to sport. but...we've seen other times...

but also If they win 3-0, maybe they can pass Thailand anyway.

• that would be really ugly to sport. but...we've seen other times...

but also If they win 3-0, maybe they can pass Thailand anyway.

but if korea hid Kim YK, they of course could lose to Thailand, at least pretend to lose.

anyway, we shall not hold such an ugly thinking in our mind, because it should be a clean and fair tournament...
    if Thailand keeps the formation when against Serbia, the team will have big chance to win over Korea, therefore, the rank is very possible to happen

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• but if korea hid Kim YK, they of course could lose to Thailand, at least pretend to lose.

anyway, we shall not hold such an ugly thinking in our mind, because it should be a clean and fair tournament...
    if Thailand keeps the formation when against Serbia, the team will have big chance to win over Korea, therefore, the rank is very possible to happen

I second that. ;)

• I second that. ;)

Yes, this is feasible scenario. No doubt if Serbia doesn't qualify they will have only themselves to blame. But Korea's position shows the injustice of this qualification system. As some people have been asking here what European teams did to ''deserve'' to be in London, I can ask what Korea did to deserve that , other than being Asian team.
    Asian Olympic Qualifications must be held separately from World Qualies, that way we will avoid situation of a team getting a spot in WQ just because they are Asian team. Also we will avoid a situation of team participating in WQ due to their geographic location and not World rankings. For example Germany is ranked higher than all Asian teams participating in WQ, except for Japan and yet they are not there. So, it's not about deserving to play Olympics but about having the same opportunities to get there.