Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Cuba - Thailand will be the first match tomorrow. If Cuba win or lose 2-3, SRB, JPN and KOR will qualify :whistle:

not really, cause IF Serbia looses tomorrow, Japan pass them and they stay out top 3, so even If Thailland loose also, they quali as best Asian! :S Yes stupid rule!

So Japan can quali If Thailand loses, but Serbia only quali If they win.

• I am not going to be partial with the Asian Teams but Serbia had so many chances of having a ticket to London. Russia, too. But Russia was able to wither it down even without Sokolova and Tanya (who were deemed important for Russia by the rest of the community). Serbia has Braco, Rasic, and the best setter there is. Yet, they lost so many chances. :(

• I am not going to be partial with the Asian Teams but Serbia had so many chances of having a ticket to London. Russia, too. But Russia was able to wither it down even without Sokolova and Tanya (who were deemed important for Russia by the rest of the community). Serbia has Braco, Rasic, and the best setter there is. Yet, they lost so many chances. :(

but they are without 3 main OH, and Serbia dont have Artamonova or Goncharova to replace them.

They were never given the chance to play any of the tournaments in good conditions physically. Japan, Thailand also have the same many chances as Serbia.....but could arrive this tournament with good time to prepare.

I think Serbia could even have this team, If they at least had time to prepare for the World Quali, things could have been different.

That things of injury and so on can happen of course.
    My only complain with all this is that the rule is different for different continents and I think this is unfair. If Asian had a continental quali before like everyone else, everyteam would arrive in same hard conditions at the World Quali, so everything would be decided "dairly" even If some are unlucky, like Serbia....but that was not the case, and there is something that really botters me...as you can see.. :lol:

• People constantly say "well what if so-and-so were without there best hitter?" Injuries are part of any sport and you're only as good as the players you have on the floor. Molnar was never a superstar and Vesovic is definitely comparable. Malagurski has been injured for a long time that it's irrelevant to even compare her. Nikolic didn't play in the World Cup because she went early to club team and then arrived after the season injured. Brakocevic hasn't performed at the level she is expected. If Serbia loses against Japan tomorrow and are out of the top three they don't deserve it. This is their THIRD chance.

How has Thailand had as many chances? This is their first and only opportunity to qualify!

• People constantly say "well what if so-and-so were without there best hitter?" Injuries are part of any sport and you're only as good as the players you have on the floor. Molnar was never a superstar and Vesovic is definitely comparable. Malagurski has been injured for a long time that it's irrelevant to even compare her. Nikolic didn't play in the World Cup because she went early to club team and then arrived after the season injured. Brakocevic hasn't performed at the level she is expected. If Serbia loses against Japan tomorrow and are out of the top three they don't deserve it. This is their THIRD chance.

How has Thailand had as many chances? This is their first and only opportunity to qualify!

Well, they didnt qualify to World Cup, and who faults is that? Serbia did with way harder tournament. Asians had the same chances as europeans in that way. But the players from Europe had to play in a harder conditions in their continent (against more teams and better teams) and physicly is harder for them.

Anyway, I agree with u that injury are part of it (though I still think that the calendar has big influence on it).

Asia has a continental tournament, and a World tournament, so they have the same chances as any other team.

The difference is that they had time to preprare well, other teams from other continentents have not, and I think that is unfair! I think everyone should have similar roads.

Asia should have make a continental tournament two weeks before the world one like everyone else...and not have that time to prepare and arrive better shape then the others, I think that is the thing unfair about all this (and they not even had to travel that far away..hehe).

In botter line, all continents had same time chances to qualify (that is 3, World Cup+Continental Quali+World Quali), the difference was time of preparation...and that is whats making the difference...and for me that is the problem of all this.

• Not saying that the best Asian in this case wont quali as Asian Qualified...I mean.....the Asian represent team will be the second maybe third best asian team...that is just stupid..hehehehehe.

• But you're beating a dead horse. Everyone already agrees that the rules are not ideal. However, that is not an excuse for Serbia's poor play. Russia isn't winning just because they're Russia, they're winning on the court and beating teams. All of their players played an extensive club season, EQT, and they seem fine. Serbia is not doing that.