Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• England did not qualify in the Olympics*** :dance6: :dance6:
    Europe has 3 chances ..
    But you should not miss ..
    Why you are broke.
    Because you use a lot :P :tzz: :tzz:

• Even the teams already out have an important part in determining the other team's chances.

• If only Japan and Thailand could produce players with height they would be at the top of the world! They are so technically proficient.

• If only Japan and Thailand could produce players with height they would be at the top of the world! They are so technically proficient.

I agree with you. Their technique and skills are stronger and much better than other teams in the world. Also they are pretty fast. Only thing that stops them to the top is height. Thinkaow is the tallest one in Thailand team and she is only 1.80 cm. Onuma and Wilavan play OH are only 175 cm and 174 cm.

• Tomkom+Pleumjit combination is really fast!

• Cuba outblocks Thailand 18-2 and Thailand still wins. Congrats, Thailand! Even more pressure on the Serbia/Japan match.

Yes, but if they would have taller players, these would obviously have a harder time with the techical aspects too, since it becomes harder to control your body. Since Korea has Kim who is like 192 cm, it should be possible also for these countries to get tall players with bigger population and a lot of players.

• Earlier enemies now friends "mga Pilipino talaga" :lol:

• Yes, but if they would have taller players, these would obviously have a harder time with the techical aspects too, since it becomes harder to control your body. Since Korea has Kim who is like 192 cm, it should be possible also for these countries to get tall players with bigger population and a lot of players.

I think being tall has also its fair share of disadvantages. Likewise, being small is also an advantage. It's just a matter of exploiting the advantages and reducing the disadvantages. :)

• I think being tall has also its fair share of disadvantages. Likewise, being small is also an advantage. It's just a matter of exploiting the advantages and reducing the disadvantages. :)

I know, but if u can handle being tall u will be a superior player to almost everybody, like Gamova. Then ofc there is so many other tall players we never even see on the higher stages or as seniors, because they simply cant control their body, the coordination isnt working. Many very tall girls choose too play basket instead because its much easier for them, esp. they with a bit heavier bodytype. Gamova also started to play basket first, but as she thought the baggy clothes was to ugly and boring to wear, she choosed volley instead, good decision probably :)

• I know, but if u can handle being tall u will be a superior player to almost everybody, like Gamova. Then ofc there is so many other tall players we never even see on the higher stages or as seniors, because they simply cant control their body, the coordination isnt working. Many very tall girls choose too play basket instead because its much easier for them, esp. they with a bit heavier bodytype. Gamova also started to play basket first, but as she thought the baggy clothes was to ugly and boring to wear, she choosed volley instead, good decision probably :)

ah, yes. Gamova is a good example. For someone as tall as she, she handled her frame very well. Merkulova is as tall as her but she's rather sluggish. this is Gamova's clear advantage over her (and other players as well)

• I really like number 17 Yang Hyo-Jin of Korea. She's stable as an MB. I hope she can play in either Turkey or Italy. :)

on the other hand, the main difference now between Korea of WCup/WChamp and the Korea of today is the setter.