No more World League for Dutch men's team! :(

• Read today that they won't play in the World League next year, because there is no money :( Holland ALWAYS has financial problems in volleyball, it sucks. Now people are saying that we're basically giving up on this whole generation and it kind of seems that way. Blangé wants to keep on fighting, but federation is said to be mainly concerned with what is not possible, not with what is.

Alberda (coch in 96'), noted how a team needs a few exceptional players (like Blanché and Zwerver (to this I would add: Bas van de Goor and Van de Meulen though)). he said that Horstink was our only exceptional player and that Kooy was becoming one, but that it is typical that when we finally get a second one, the first one quits.

He also said that both our coaches (Blanché and Selinger) used to be world class setters, yet they can't train a world class setter themselves (so he doesn't think Kim Staelens is world class (which I think most agree)). And well he said that that doens't seem to make sense. not sure what he's getting at here though.

But it does suck really bad, because this generation does have a lot of potential, if we have some more patience. I also think that Kooistra en Bontje are quite close to being exceptional, if only their serves weren't so unreliable.

• It is very sad... :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I know right! Do you guys think that our setter and service is just too weak? That that perhaps is a problem that cannot be fixed? But seriously if Van Harskamp has 2 more years under his belt and Horstink would come back, we'd have Rauwerdink, Kooy and Horstink on the outside and the middle blockers are obviously quite strong and Klapwijk is developing nicely... I mean am I just stupid to think that that could be a very strong team??

But then again I thought this team the way it is now would be able to qualify for ECH and win a set against Bulgaria, but they simply couldn't. I'm trying to convince myself that they actually are a bad team, but it simply is not true.

• In this situation China or Japan is happy because One of them will get place if Holland really will not play.

• Really sad :(

Something went wrong inside team as Horstink didn't played whole WL (I read somewhere that he wanted to be with his pregnant wife), later he rejected call up, same thing with Snippe who rejected call up to train with new club :what: something went wrong between Blange, Horstink and Snippe... later they lost against Estonia, will miss ECh next year... really sad

• I know right! Do you guys think that our setter and service is just too weak? That that perhaps is a problem that cannot be fixed? But seriously if Van Harskamp has 2 more years under his belt and Horstink would come back, we'd have Rauwerdink, Kooy and Horstink on the outside and the middle blockers are obviously quite strong and Klapwijk is developing nicely... I mean am I just stupid to think that that could be a very strong team??

But then again I thought this team the way it is now would be able to qualify for ECH and win a set against Bulgaria, but they simply couldn't. I'm trying to convince myself that they actually are a bad team, but it simply is not true.

No, you're not stupid and I totally agree with you! Of course, the Dutch team had ups and downs, but a team that can beat 3-0 Brazil away cannot be underestimated! There's a lot of potential in the players, at least most of them, I don't think the games against Bulgaria should be considered only, it's just a team they cannot play against. We've had the same problem with Poland, Poland have ABSOLUTELY the same problem with Brazil.. it sucks that the Netherlands missed the last two WCH and the next year's ECH, but for God's sake they play in top European teams and are definitely among the world's best IMO! I am truly sorry to read the news... Let's hope there's a way out, I do like Dutch NT in general!

• It's sad. I hope that they can play at least European League. Netherlands has a young team and a good generation so, they needs to play to get better.

• How is it possible rich European country like Netherlands to have financial problems with volleyball :what:
    This decision is suicidal. The only way for the Netherlands to prosper is to play the world league. With Horstnik, Kooy, Kooistra, Bontje and the two diagonals the team is a killer. They can't reveal their potential without the world league. The administration has to quit, not the team from the league!

• How is it possible rich European country like Netherlands to have financial problems with volleyball :what:
    This decision is suicidal. The only way for the Netherlands to prosper is to play the world league. With Horstnik, Kooy, Kooistra, Bontje and the two diagonals the team is a killer. They can't reveal their potential without the world league. The administration has to quit, not the team from the league!

I will tell you something you won't believe, but it's the truth....

In the mid 90's Dutch Men NT was together with Italy, the best worldwide. 1992: silver on OG, 1993: silver on ECH, 1994: silver on WCH, 1995: silver on ECH, 1996 Gold on OG, 1996, Gold in WVL, 1997: Gold on ECH.....

Though, the Top Volley Foundation, part of Dutch Federation, that was responsible for the NT got bankrupt twice in that period.....characteristic for the lack of money in Dutch (men's) Volleyball. There has never been enough money....

Ofcourse you can blame the board of the Federation for it, and ofcourse they made during the years many (big) mistakes, but there's more - you can't put the whole blame on the federation -..... big Dutch companies are simply not interested in sponsoring volleyball...

• This truly sucks!!! We also don't have much money in general as a country, but since volleyball is our most reliable team game we somehow make the living.. we don't have sports halls and great facilities, but at least we have a team.. and have tried to always had one! There were periods when our NT had only 1 jersey of each colour and player to enter big events, with no alternative if something happens to that jersey :D but that's life.. still, I think the Netherlands spend much money for football, I simply can't understand why they can't support the VB team...

btw, similar problems we have with other sports federations, for now not with volleyball, I understand your disappointment!

• This truly sucks!!! We also don't have much money in general as a country, but since volleyball is our most reliable team game we somehow make the living.. we don't have sports halls and great facilities, but at least we have a team.. and have tried to always had one! There were periods when our NT had only 1 jersey of each colour and player to enter big events, with no alternative if something happens to that jersey :D but that's life.. still, I think the Netherlands spend much money for football, I simply can't understand why they can't support the VB team...

btw, similar problems we have with other sports federations, for now not with volleyball, I understand your disappointment!

Yes, it really sucks...The future will be very dark for Dutch volleyball if the lack of money will go on and on...

Not only the federation has hardly money, the clubs as well --> The winners of our National League (women and men) couldn't participate in many CL-seasons, during last decades, because of lack of money. Upcoming season (2010-2011) the same story: TVC Amstelveen (Women's champion) and Dynamo Apeldoorn (Men's champion) have not enough money for participating in CL...so the young players can't gain experience and are forced to go abroad at (too) young age...

• There's a curse on Duthc volleyball! I watched Maaseik play in Champions league and all Dutch players were benched at some point (Harskamp, Maan and Klapwijk) were all the bench against Cuneo. Then I watchen Treviso and both Bontje and Horstink were on the bench after the first set! Bontje wasn't even in the starting six.. And then also at Modena I think they bench Kooy most of the time. Only Kooistra (like last season in our NT) is consitently good. Trommel also complete shit in Friedrischhaven. I think the time is ripe to put Manon Flier on the men's team.

Freriks gets play time in Spain as far as I'm aware. So who else thinks Holland is Doomed? :P

• There's a curse on Duthc volleyball! I watched Maaseik play in Champions league and all Dutch players were benched at some point (Harskamp, Maan and Klapwijk) were all the bench against Cuneo. Then I watchen Treviso and both Bontje and Horstink were on the bench after the first set! Bontje wasn't even in the starting six.. And then also at Modena I think they bench Kooy most of the time. Only Kooistra (like last season in our NT) is consitently good. Trommel also complete shit in Friedrischhaven. I think the time is ripe to put Manon Flier on the men's team.

Freriks gets play time in Spain as far as I'm aware. So who else thinks Holland is Doomed? :P

I haven't watched Noliko - Cuneo, but I know that Horstink, Bontje and Kooy played very bad lately. Especially Bontje who is constantly out of form... Kooy also very poor performances lately.. Horstink played awful first set against Tours last week and normal decision by Piazza. Dutch volley is in big crisis last few months, not only with players but also with organization etc. What is reason for that you must ask Federation members... but u aren't doomed :gone:

• Only Kooistra (like last season in our NT) is consitently good.

Hate to break it to you, but Kooistra is very much a bench player these days at modena :roll:

• Heeelmooi i think you aren't totally right.I'm belgian and i watched the game between Maaseik and Cuneo.Van harskamp is the first setter and Maan was also in the starting six.Maan can play at a very high level sometimes and against cuneo he made 2 aces in a very important moment in the end of the first set.Van harskamp is sometimes on the bench because of his blocking weaknesses but he always come back in the team.Klapwijk was sitting on the bench the whole season this year because he got knee(i think) injury and he has to make an operation...But i remember he was the best noliko player during the play-offs final last year.Now Klapwijk is coming back from that big injury and i hope he could at least play some matches in CL this year ;-)
    For the others players like Bontje,Horstink etc i agree that they're in a bad period...

• Hate to break it to you, but Kooistra is very much a bench player these days at modena :roll:

Is he?....

• Is he?....

Well not anymore. But for some misterious reason he was when I wrote this.

• Really bad decision. And shame on Netherlands that they cannot find money for sponsoring volleyball. Dutch people seem to be very tall:) and are nation created by nature to play volleyball