2010/11 China Volleyball League A (Bridgestone Champion)

• 2010/11 CHINA NATIONAL WOMENS VOLLEYBALL A LEAGUE (CVL A)

Participants (10 Teams)

Tianjin Bridgestone
    Shanghai Dunlop
    August 1st Army
    Jiangsu
    Zhejiang
    Liaoning Dalian High tech.
    Henan
    Sichuan
    Evergrand Guangdong
    Shandong

BRIEF SCHEDULES

Regular Season starts from 11th of December 2010 with Double-Round-Robin system (Home and away face to face)

TOP 4 teams after regular season will qualified for the Semifinals
    1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd (home and away of totally 2 matches, the winners will qualify to the League Final)

FINALS (best 2 of 3 matches)
    the team who wins 2 matches will be the League Champion.

REGULAR RANKING SYSTEM

3-0 OR 3-1 WINS: 3 PTS
    3-2 WINS: 2 PTS
    2-3 LOSES: 1 PT
    1-3 OR 0-3 LOSES: 0 PT

USEFUL LINKS

CHINA VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION
    http://www.volleyball.org.cn

China Volleyball
    http://cva.sina.com.cn

Sina Volleyball
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/z/chnvolleyball

Peoples Volleyball
    http://sports.people.com.cn/GB/22155/22157

China Daily Sports Volleyball
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/typd/paiqiu

Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C…_national_volleyball_team

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited 3 times, last by pappi ().

• more links to Guangdong Evergrande Club directed by Jenny Lang Ping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou_Evergrande_V.C.

Serbian Opposite player Jovana Brakocevic has signed with Evergrande of Jenny Lang Ping

http://www.vivovolley.net/2010…rande-di-jenny-lang-ping/

American Wingspiker Logan Tom Joins Evergrande :drink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Tom
    http://www.azerivolley.com/new…hive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

to be me...

• Who are the other foreign players in the league? or simply do you have the rosters of the clubs? :)

• Who are the other foreign players in the league? or simply do you have the rosters of the clubs? :)

the deadline for club roster registeration is October 31st.
    i havent got the exact roster of the teams yet, but should not have too many adjustments from the previous edition 2009/10.

as far as i know, there wont be more foreign players attending this league apart from tom and jovanna. for one club can hold no more than 2 foreign players, but other teams dont have any plan to bring aids so far.

i will try to update further information about Evergrande Guangzhou Club and other chinese star players who involving into this league with their own clubs. :rolll:

to be me...

• 2010.11.27 Sina News

Thailand NT finished the 5th Place in Asian Games 2010 in Guangzhou, China

After defeating Japan by 3-1, the Head Coach confirmed three Thai Players will play for China National Volleyball League 2010/11.

The players and which clubs are they heading for are still not released yet...

to be me...

• 3 Thai NT Players signed their contracts in China League

League A

Wilavan Apinyapong (ouside hitter) will play in Guangdong Evergrand Club

League B

Pleumjit Thinkaow (middle blocker) and Malika Kanthong (opposite) will play in Fujian Team.

to be me...

• Press Conference held on 28th of Nov. in Guangzhou

Jovana Brakocevic, Logan Tom, Wilavan Apinyapong appeared and addressed respectively

Jovana Brakocevic from Serbia NT (Opposite player) - Shirt No 6

Feng Kun from China (ex-setter) - Shirt No 2

Wilavan from Thailand NT (Outside hitter) - shirt NO 13

Logan Tom from USA NT (Outside hitter) - shirt No 15
    in her first training play in Guangzhou

to be me...

• Feng Kun arrived in Guangzhou 10 days ago, but she hasnt attended the central training until Tom and Brakocevic arrived at Guangzhou.
    Yesterday, In Guangzhou took place Everganrde's first open training led by Jenny Lang Ping.
    unfortunately Feng Kun got injuried in her first class, the doctor suggested her resting for at least 8 weeks. but Feng hopes she could enter the court in the first round on 18th of December.

Although Evergrande Guangdong Club signed three top scorer to strengthen the wing attacking power, according to corresponding regulations stipulated in China Volleyball Administration Office, it is permitted a maximum number ofTWO foreign players entering the court per match per club. therefore, Tom and Wilavan might not be sent off duting in one match. Brakocevic is an opposite player, who has no worried about her position in starting lineups.

If Feng Kun could recover from her injury as soon as possible, the possible starting conposition could be

Setter - Feng Kun (183)
    Oppo - Brakocevic (196)
    Outside hitter - Tom (185)+ Zhou Yuan (180) / Wilavan (174) could be Zhou's substitute
    Middle Blocker - Yin Meng (191) + Suo Ma (186)
    Libero - Wei Ying (177)

the full roster for Evergrande 2010-11

Setters
    Feng Kun 1978 183cm CHN
    Luo Xiaoman 1982 180cm CHN
    Yin Juan 1984 181cm CHN

Opposites
    Brakocevic Jovana 1988 196cm SRB
    Liao Tingting 1982 185cm CHN
    Jiang Wei 1982 183cm CHN

Outside Hitters
    Tom Logan 1981 185cm USA
    Apinyapong Wilavan 1984 174cm THA
    Kang Yujie 1987 188cm CHN
    Zhou Yuan 1982 180cm CHN

Middle Blockers
    Yin Meng 1985 191cm CHN
    Suo Ma 1979 186cm CHN
    Zhou Jia 1983 185cm CHN
    Wang Ke 1988 188cm CHN
    Wang Yang 1992 183cm CHN

Libero
    Wei Ying 1989 177cm CHN

to be me...

Edited 2 times, last by pappi ().

• for nice photos from SPORTS.SINA.COM.CN

FOREIGN STRENGHS AND EX NATIOAL SETTER

PRESS CONFERENCE - JENNY AND FENG

FENG KUN IS A GREAT PLAYER. SHE STOPPED TRAINING SINCE FEBRUARY TO START HER MASTER COURSE IN BEIJING UNIVERSITY.

FENG KUN CONFIRMED SHE IS WELL PREPARED TO COME BACK TO NATIONAL TEAM WHENEVER SHE IS NEEDED.

UNTIL NOW, SHE HAS NOT DETERMINED THE TIME TO ANNOUNCE HER RETIREMENT.

SHE LOVES VOLLEYBALL AND WOULD LIKE TO KEEP HERSELF KEEN FOR ANY REQUIREMENTS OF NATIONAL TEAM.

to be me...

• Just noticed Zhou Suhong is not on the Evergrande roster, I am assuming she left the team? She played with them last year. Since they have Jovana playing opposite she must not be in the team. Anyone know where she is playing?

• Just noticed Zhou Suhong is not on the Evergrande roster, I am assuming she left the team? She played with them last year. Since they have Jovana playing opposite she must not be in the team. Anyone know where she is playing?

Zhou states that she has not decided if she will continue playing volleyball any longer for 3 reasons:

1. her husband, Tang Miao, ex opposite player in Mens NT, is still paralyzed in a wheelchair and needs Zhou Suhong's care.
    2. Zhou Suhong is now taking her further study, she wont have much time on training
    3. Zhou is 31 years old, physical condition is no better than ever. After her returning NT this season, indensive training brought old injury back on her again

Zhou suhong will spare more time to take care of her husband and plan her future, playing on court is not her only considering. :teach:

to be me...

• Thank you for the information, pappi.

The foreign import limit of 2 is exactly why I was curious about the starting lineup.

What was Feng Kun's injury during training? Also, do you have news if other teams on the league have hired foreigners?

As far as i know, we dont have more foreign players apart from 3 thai ladies (2 members are in League B), Tom and Jovana.

Feng Kun's injury is not detailed yet, Lets see

Chinese Setter Wei Qiuyue has been to the hospital for a medical examination yesterday. It indicated that everything goes well, she would accept the appendicitis operation as soon as possible, and therefore She will absent of the first phase of the league For Tianjin Bridgestone Club.

to be me...

• what's the difference between league A and league B?

League A: 10 teams

League B: 6 teams

during the regular season, double round robin games will play between any two teams.

last 2 teams after regular phrase of League A will drop to League B next season directly. and the top 2 teams in League B will promote to the League A.

top 4 teams will participate the play off phrase in League A for the final title.

League B has no play offs.

:win:

to be me...

• Zhou states that she has not decided if she will continue playing volleyball any longer for 3 reasons:

1. her husband, Tang Miao, ex opposite player in Mens NT, is still paralyzed in a wheelchair and needs Zhou Suhong's care.
    2. Zhou Suhong is now taking her further study, she wont have much time on training
    3. Zhou is 31 years old, physical condition is no better than ever. After her returning NT this season, indensive training brought old injury back on her again

Zhou suhong will spare more time to take care of her husband and plan her future, playing on court is not her only considering. :teach:

Thanks! Its a shame really what happened to her husband, I was really upset when i heard the news! She is very important to the national team, if she doesnt play she will really be missed. Its strange how the Chinese players get injured a lot, is this because of their training conditions? I rmemeber at the world championships Zhou said they have to train harder because they are smaller and not as powerful as the European players,? China are certainly taller though, and Japan seem to do ok.... :huh: